Www.robwalker.co.uk

Robwalker

Finally i have my own webpage up and running, its ment to be www.robwalker.co.uk but at the moment http://82.110.105.22/robwalker.co.uk/ that is the only one that work (dont know why maybe someone can help me out?) But yep now its finally done, there's some little bits and bobs on there to keep you amused but i hope to increase it within the next couple of months, and once i got a decent enought cam do my own vid!

Im glad with this site as i actully paid for some hosting which stops all that crappy advertisment and pop-ups! So any coments on how to improve would be helpful, thanks for having a look and dont forget to leave a little note in the guestbook :P

Enjoy!

Rob

Whoooah was only a bit of fun, my first website and just a bit of an experiment, christ you went a bit over the top! Sorry but not all of us are web designers, its just like when you first start off trials, there's alot to pick up on and it helps if people actully give adivce instead of shouting abuse and thinking there all big, so you should take facts into your head like im only 16 and its my first site before you go shouting your little balls off just because you dont like it <_<

Rob

Edited by Robwalker

A possible reason www.robwalker.co.uk won't work could be that the DNS (i think that's it) on your Domain Name isn't set. You're hosting should give you two IP looking numbers called the DNS numbers and then you go to the control panel for your domain, go to something along the lines of 'Configure DNS' an then enter the two numbers in the two boxes.

I'm sure someone ultra techie will come on sometime and give you a better idea but jus have a search along those lines for now.

Site looks good, i'm not too fond of splash entry pages though, not quite sure why i've just never seen the need for them. Jus keep updating it though and as you learn more try a more complicated design.

Max

Whoooah was only a bit of fun, my first website and just a bit of an experiment, christ you went a bit over the top! Sorry but not all of us are web designers, its just like when you first start off trials, there's alot to pick up on and it helps if people actully give adivce instead of shouting abuse and thinking there all big, so you should take facts into your head like im only 16 and its my first site before you go shouting your little balls off just because you dont like it <_<

Rob

dude ignore that willy, he just thinks hes god because he knows a couple of lines of css and has an expensive camera (which he cant take pics for shit with(only a joke (not serious))). I like the site, nice and easy to navigate :) and cool design

Edited by Ben Cox

He only knows one line of CSS, the rest he asks me or Danny for. :P

Although he does takes good pictures.

Right, the website.

Personally, i wouldn't of bothered. Not because its shit or i hate it, simply because its pointless. No one visits personal sites unless you are a world champion, or called Neil or Craig.

But anyway.

Ditch the pink. Its not cool, doesn't look good, not cool, is gay, and isn't cool.

The navigation either needs to go on the left, with content on right, or needs to be listed horizontally, rather then vertically, as with those huge banners which are incidently really crap quality, just that and the navigation takes up over 2/3 of my 1024x768 screen.

Then when you go into a page, i have to manually click back to find the home page again. Its hugely over looked, but everyone hates it (often without knowing and simply stop browsing, as i did).

Personally, it looks like one of those wank piczo sites that 15 years old do listing all their friends with pictures.

Meh, atleast you've gone to the effort of getting a domain and doing it yourself, rather then a piczo site, which i guess is something.

I know what'd be a good idea. Let's make a 640 x 480 picture load completely, then re-size it to 100 x 78 px, keeping it the big file size:

IPB Image

Also.

http://82.110.105.22/robwalker.co.uk/Images/me1.bmp.jpg What the f**k is a .bmp.jpg.

New file type? And yeah. Ben Cox. I can do a few websites, I'm nothing amazing, loads of people own me on TF and they get the right to rip me. Br3n, Simon, Danny and a couple of others. You're not on that list.

I'm really sorry I can't take photos for 'shit'. Why don't you show me how it's done fatty? :]

lol you must either A) actully like my website as you seem to be going on it consitantly, or B ) Somehow proving to everyone that you have no social life atall, and spend all day going around and picking up little problems like that up. :D Hehe people like you make me laugh.

Just made my day that has :P All im thinking now is - Lee Evans XL live tour 'ooooo my gadgets' :lol: Sorry but you really need to get out more.

And thankyou by the way for all that have helped/supported me. Cheers for the advice Simon, ill give some things ago but im not that good with webpages, oh and cheers to the guy (sorry forgot name) for helping with the DNS thingy. Still not working but i've yet to venture into that and im not getting alot of time with all this revision :(

Rob

Edited by Robwalker

Also, in the <head> tag at the top of the page, assuming you have some way to see html, add a

<title>With a page title in here</title>

Then you get a title at the top of the page in the bar in the browser instead of newpage1

So any coments on how to improve would be helpful

Enjoy!

Rob

lol you must either A) actully like my website as you seem to be going on it consitantly, or B ) Somehow proving to everyone that you have no social life atall, and spend all day going around and picking up little problems like that up. :D Hehe people like you make me laugh.

Erm? He's trying to help you, like you asked. :ermm:

You're not on that list.

Am I? :D

Edited by Siders77

Also, in the <head> tag at the top of the page, assuming you have some way to see html, add a

<title>With a page title in here</title>

Then you get a title at the top of the page in the bar in the browser instead of newpage1

Ah cheers i've been wondering how to do that (Y)

Erm? He's trying to help you, like you asked. :ermm:

Am I? :D

Noo he's just pointing out a problem in a very sarcastically way, fair enough if he had said how to solve it and what i could do, but his attitude towards it was not helpful in any way. Thats just like me pointing out the blatant fact that he has a willy on his forehead. (and so i'm not being a hypocrite, you can get it removed by not being such a nob)

Rob

He only knows one line of CSS, the rest he asks me or Danny for. :P

Although he does takes good pictures.

Right, the website.

Personally, i wouldn't of bothered. Not because its shit or i hate it, simply because its pointless. No one visits personal sites unless you are a world champion, or called Neil or Craig.

But anyway.

Ditch the pink. Its not cool, doesn't look good, not cool, is gay, and isn't cool.

The navigation either needs to go on the left, with content on right, or needs to be listed horizontally, rather then vertically, as with those huge banners which are incidently really crap quality, just that and the navigation takes up over 2/3 of my 1024x768 screen.

Then when you go into a page, i have to manually click back to find the home page again. Its hugely over looked, but everyone hates it (often without knowing and simply stop browsing, as i did).

Personally, it looks like one of those wank piczo sites that 15 years old do listing all their friends with pictures.

Meh, atleast you've gone to the effort of getting a domain and doing it yourself, rather then a piczo site, which i guess is something.

Right, well, if the dude wants to make a site for himself, thats cool man. People may or may not visit it, but i wouldnt say its pointless, if it was pointless he wouldnt of made it, it obvisly means somethin to him, so he can look at it and show his mates etc what he does on a bike. But thats cool haha! Im not bein nasty towards si, cuz everyone is entitled to there opinion, but everyone has to start somewhere! :D

I know what'd be a good idea. Let's make a 640 x 480 picture load completely, then re-size it to 100 x 78 px, keeping it the big file size:

IPB Image

Also.

http://82.110.105.22/robwalker.co.uk/Images/me1.bmp.jpg What the f**k is a .bmp.jpg.

New file type? And yeah. Ben Cox. I can do a few websites, I'm nothing amazing, loads of people own me on TF and they get the right to rip me. Br3n, Simon, Danny and a couple of others. You're not on that list.

I'm really sorry I can't take photos for 'shit'. Why don't you show me how it's done fatty? :]

And too this, i dunno what to say, but ur actin like a complete cock imo. Like, not everyone knows how to do website etc. And for his first one man, give him some credit. Its pisses me off the fact u slag him off for his errors but u dont actually give him helpful imformation to get them sorted. Also, i thought u represent a company called FrontalMedia, if so, i would never use your company for anythin if you have this kind of attitude towards people. You may think u are a great website designer etc, but no need to be cocky and start slaggin peoples sites off, expecially when u just slag them off and not help out. Sorry but i just wanted to say that. :angry:

Anyway,

Back to the site. I think its a good site for your first one mate. You gotta love the pink! haha! and that bird is hot, whats her number ;)lol!

Ben (Y)

And too this, i dunno what to say, but ur actin like a complete cock imo. Like, not everyone knows how to do website etc. And for his first one man, give him some credit. Its pisses me off the fact u slag him off for his errors but u dont actually give him helpful imformation to get them sorted.

I don't think I was that bad to be honest. Yeah fair do's he's got to start somewhere if he wants to get into website deisgn etc, and thinking about it yeah I probably should of explained what I thought he could do better for the next one, but I didn't realise he was interested in website design or building, just a quick site for his 'mates' and 'bird'.

Initial imperssions of the site were that it was badly constructed, what's with the pink!?, and it all came across a bit chavvy. I know inital perceptions are sometimes wrong but the site just didn't work for me, and I did love the "He can't take pictures with his expensive camera" bit from Ben Cox. Good one :S

Also, i thought u represent a company called FrontalMedia, if so, i would never use your company for anythin if you have this kind of attitude towards people. You may think u are a great website designer etc, but no need to be cocky and start slaggin peoples sites off, expecially when u just slag them off and not help out. Sorry but i just wanted to say that. :angry:

I'm by far not a great website designer. At all. Actually I'm pretty shit but I know a bit about getting them done. I know you're pretty handy with the design and computer stuff so you're not talking out of your arse. I did actually try and help, the previous post was explaining about putting a HUGE image into a small one. I explained what it did and why it's bad.

If he wants more, tell him (or he can read this obviously) to add me to MSN or PM me. Feel free and I'll help him where I can. I just didn't think he was wanting to 'get into' website stuff. That's all.

Also I wouldn't expect you to use Frontal. You can do sites and graphics so we wouldn't expect you to. Got clients else where to be honest man.

Nick.

Edit:

...if people actully give adivce instead of shouting abuse and thinking there all big, so you should take facts into your head like im only 16 and its my first site before you go shouting your little balls off just because you dont like it <_<

And just to add, I'm only 17.

..... and they all lived happily ever after, lol this has been a fun topic, but then what did i expect :P Thanks for all your comments and im going to spend some time looking into web desiging and how to imrove as it does quiet interest me.

Many thanks for the comments and pointers, enjoy the site and its updates, (hopefully better ones!) :P

Rob

Hey Nick, i took your advice on the smaller images and came up with this idea, check out the bikes page in the stills section, see what you think, if its a bad idea let me know and could you suggest any other ways?

Rob

EDIT: and can someone let me know how to get the images to open up in a new window, cheers.

Edited by Robwalker