Cable Discs

bikerben

umm not as good as hydraulic. they are typically a liitle more "mushy"

I've found cheaper cable discs can tend to be pretty mushy in terms of brake feel, but the Avid BB7s really are amazingly good. With a decent cable and a decent lever, they're certainly as good as the hydraulic brakes out there for trials. I wouldn't want to use one for DH or XC or whatever, but for trials they're still hard to beat :)

(Y) hi i am currently running a cable disk on the front and it matches a magura easaly it does not slip and has not let me down yet (Y)

HAHA ! Bollocks! I saw you at school yesterday , with your little tarred up rotor , your little pissy disc slipping on endo's :lol::-

QUOTE(deanie-b @ May 19 2006, 07:43 AM)

HAHA ! Bollocks! I saw you at school yesterday , with your little tarred up rotor , your little pissy disc slipping on endo's :lol::-

hahahaha, who the f**k has to tar thier disc, thats terrible-admitadely i did try it to see what would happen, and ermm well, less to be said of that

bb7 if you wanan go cable, juciy if you want to go hydro, i have a monotrial, and im dissapointed, its inconsistant and isnt nearly as powerful as everyone says (180rotor on 24 inch wheel, faced disc mounts and properly spaced calliper)

ive got a avid bb7 and they are amazing there £60 ish for a 180 rotar + lever and cable on top of that. and they are just as good as any hydraulic brake if not better. theres no seals all you need to do is replace cable every now and again (cheaper than a bleed). they also lock up exceptionaly well

Hmmm i'm tempted by a front cable disk as i don't really want to splash out mega bucks just to see if i prefer a disk or not, how much are these Avid bb7's as they seem to be a favorite(sp :ermm: ), and where can i get them from please :-

Cheers, Rob

mine is anything but mushy, pretty push push lever, get whiplash :P

Caleb has the most powerful avid brake ever!!!!!!!!!! one slight pull and total lockage and your going over bars lol. Serouisly they are very good brakes, get good lever and cable and there a beast.Hydrolics are wank in my opinion ran them and i can honestly say hope are shit.

Clarky

I have a Hope Try-All with plaz disc brake pads and try all rotor and it has to be the snappiest most powerful front brake i have ever rode, has some modulation but cables have more modulation than hydraulic and people would say cable are more powerful, this argument will go on forever (Y)

Edited by gawk

Hmmm i'm tempted by a front cable disk as i don't really want to splash out mega bucks just to see if i prefer a disk or not, how much are these Avid bb7's as they seem to be a favorite(sp :ermm: ), and where can i get them from please :-

Cheers, Rob

Hello sexy man :P

www.Woollyhatshop.com is the cheapest place to find 'em , then you need a lever and cables :)

Cheers, Rob

There £60

Heres a link

Link to shop

Then just go to disks then go to avid and you will see it first 1 on page (Y)

If you can though, try and steer clear of Trialsshop. They're run by Mark Anthony, of former Mark Anthony (the shop) fame, and they're the worst company in trials at the moment, basically. Well, well sketchy in terms of delivery times and stuff like that. Just search for Trialsshop or MArk Anthony on here and you'll see what I mean...