Post Your Computer Workstation.!

Danny Kearns

Hitatchi Ex400 Super long reach and two Cat 345cl.... Got two Volvo L110F loaders up here, some Volvo a40e dumpers and a cat 740.

Along with lots of other cool shit like Joyal jaw crushers... Big hydro scheme going in up here - all my landlords equipment, good laugh on times...

I have the keys for the Cat's and the Volvo's. Can get the Tchi one in the morn. Got my tickets for all those. And can show you how to drift the 740. ;)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 Six Core 1090T Black Edition 3.20GHz overclocked to 4.00GHz

Not pushed it further yet then? :P

Have you overclocked the CPU-NB mate? Just pushed mine from the stock 2000mhz to 2800mhz, saw some OK gains in game benchmarks. Went from 67fps to 73fps in the DiRT2 benchmark.

Ah reet, fair doos. That's why I run 3.7ghz for day to day rather than 3.8ghz, as it needs a silly voltage bump to get it stable so the CPU fan makes loads more noise under load.

I thought the CPU-NB on those chips could be boosted to over 3000mhz? Get your cooling sorted man! I can just about max this system on air cooling (if I remove the front panel), but in the same case (Antec 300 right?) you should definitely be on water. If you removed the HDD bays and suspend the HDDs in the 5.25" bays, then you get less noise an more space. I've got enough room in mine for one of the the thick 240 rads in mine.

No, never used SiSoft Sandra.

As for getting your 1m scrore up, I'm using W7 64bit. At my highest clocks I get about 17.3secs on it, but to be honest it's just a shit test for AMD chips, there are far better ones out there now.

Couple of shitty phone pics of my desk at my uni flat. I recently got another graphics card so I've been overclocking and benchmarking a lot this last week or so.

2011-01-27202554.jpg

2011-01-27190514.jpg

For those that care, stock settings are 3.4ghz CPU, 2000mhz CPU-NB, 1333mhz RAM, 2000mhz HT Link, 825/1050 graphics cards. For daily use I run it at 3.7ghz CPU, 2600mhz CPU-NB, 1333mhz RAM, 2000mhz HT-Link, 875/1100 graphics cards, and for benching at 3.8ghz CPU, 2800mhz CPU-NB, 1333mhz RAM, 2000mhz HT-Link, 900/1125 graphics cards. The reason I don't overclock the RAM or HT-Link is that they've given pretty tiny increases in performance in the past.

Edited by Muel

I am on water, as you know, but its a pretty shit system atm - designing the ultimate cooling system atm, clear resovoir ontop of case, not sure which pump + rad, but gonna have aquadrives, gpu cooler and a new cpu cooler, possibly throw in a ram cooler while I'm at it.... Then another 2 case fans, should bring those temps right down.

Had a mess with Sandra last night and theres some tidy enviroment data logging and good benchmarking, quite happy with it.

Is that a replacement graphics card or you running them side by side?

Pfft that shit ain't water lad, it's fake. Seriously check out rule 9 in the project logs on OCUK. :P

Side by side for Crossfire, I got a second 5830 on ebay for £90 posted, it's running nicely so far! None of the microstutter or other scary issues people talk about. I got another of the Powercolor ones. They use a 5870 reference and cooler, so even when they're running as high as I can clock them, they never get close to their max temp.

I fancy water cooling, but it would be wasted on me. I can improve my air cooling anyway should I need to, but at the moment it's enough to deal with everything running the maximum recommended voltages. CPU limited in some stuff now (Crysis), so the next upgrade after an SSD would be a 1055t/1100t and a water cooling loop for it, but that'd cost £500, so I can't be arsed. I'd do better sticking to air cooling and getting a Sandy Bridge setup!

Edited by Muel

3.4ghz

This case is just built for cooling, new version is even better

Can it not go any higher than that? Would require a hefty vcore but I think Q6600s are good up to 1.55v for daily use?

I know it aint water, but its a start - new case time soon anyway, I was on a tight budget and needed somewhere to put parts, gonna get a new case, probably this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-196-CM&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat= and then put in place previously mentioned water cooling system... Should allow for some brilliant clock speeds.

Fair enough, good plan though. :)

Temps are OK for me atm, if they become an issue though I'll get a new case. Thinking Haf X probably or the equivilant at the time.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for a bit of a bump.

Heres mine. I am currently a 3rd year degree student studying B.A Hons Creative Music Technology. Hence why my set up is quite studio oriantated.

Apple iMac with the amazing 15% off student discount ;-)

Along with all my recording gear: Interface, hardware controllers, studio monitors and a roland td9-kx2 electric drum kit ( Which is in the corner of room)

An attempt of using the panorama 360 camera app on my iPad ( Taken about 5 months ago as i regularly always move my stuff around)

EDIT: Also made a quick tour video to relate to one of my portfolios for evidence of working methods:

464709_10150937056059572_580821937_o.jpg

post-11393-0-07408800-1352215984_thumb.j

Edited by Andeee

Could have at least tidied...

Mine a few months ago. I now have a laptop instead of the netbook. All the network stuff/printer/server etc is in the other corner.

3x28" monitors btw. They make me smile way too often. :P

20120926_152356.jpg

Edited by Muel

f**king love that poster Muel!

My bitching slash not very bitching set up but it does me perfectly. 24" BenQ LED monitor and that computer you told me about ages ago still going strong! Logitech z5500 speakers

My "cool board" above is basically my life from 2009 onwards. Love it. So many memories !!

8161763309_9e0fbbfada_k.jpg

• Like 1