Calling All Designers

rathergoodpie

I know there are a few budding designers on this forum (some of whom are bloody talented!) so i thought i'd take the opportunity to whack my Portfolio "online" as a download.

Now its a flash exe (so it will only work on pcs) but i will upload the mac version if perople are bothered.

Its a pretty big file because of videos and stuff, but i would really appreciate some feedback if you guys can be arsed. Upload is only available for 1 month due to wanky server.

enjoy

Rob

Robin Clarke - Digital Portfolio

Portfolio - other link

Robin Clarke - Digital Portfolio (MAC)

Edited by rathergoodpie

That's ace (Y) Really liked the student cookbook as it got gradually messier and the E4 robot thingy :P How long did you have to sit on that box on the biketrials media video when it was fast-forwarded? :)

The leisure centre one was simple but effective, i'm trying to think of improvements but none come to me yet

Spiffing (Y)

Edited by Joe_Kearney

I think thats pretty funky, that rewired thing was cool.

Only thing that bugged me slightly was some of the text/ imges take quite a while to come in?

agreed, very nice work and idea but so annoying waiting for images to fade in. i'd make them faster, if you drop a cd on a companies desk, chances are they will load it, flick through it fast and decided on the spot if they like it or not. with this they would probably get bored of waiting for images and maybe miss out on some of your work.

Bloody hell Rob :huh:

Christ mate, never seen any of your work before and i'm VERY impressed.

Everything about it was magic, very good attention to detail, like the whole presentation of it, I.E pressing the monitor button to exit.

I spent a good long time looking through it and the photography was pretty impressive, what i'd like to know is how did you do everything and how long did it take?

Like the E4 thing was great, the final prodcut was very short as stated in the brief but like did you go about getting a mate to dress up, then theres the making of the costume and such.

This appeared in everything really, like I guess you had to make the food for the cook book, then photograph it, then design it. You can see a lot of work has gone into every aspect.

I think my favourite thing was the mobile skatepark, from designing to printing it's clear that the council were pleased, then leading onto designing the sports centre logos which were very well thought out, espically like the gym one :)

I had a few problems playing the rewire video but thats more than likely down to my slow pc, re-opening the application sorted it. The whole thing was very well filmed and editied to the music, the final doodle made ma laugh too :P

How did you do it? Where was it filmed and such, sorry i'm nosey hehe.

Was it hard to create the presentation like that? Very effective, I wouldn't mind putting my photos into something like that.

Top job Rob, a lot of hard work paied off mate! Speak soon (Y):)

Hey guys.

Cheers for all the comments. With regards to the fades, you can actually flick between the images by clicking on the numbers in the top right (perhaps i need to make this more obvious)

the e4 robot is actually me, it was f**king baking in that thing! took about a couple of days to make and paint, but i felt it was worth it in the end.

the rewire project was my major at uni. I set up the "gallery" in one of the studios (notice the quality paintings i bought from charity shops, yeeeess) imm particularly proud of the magazine ads for that project, the photography cameout better than i expected.

all the photography featured anywhere in that portfolio wastaken with my wanky 4 year old olympus 3 mega pixel camera... so just goes to show, bad workmen....

keep the comments coming guys, trhanks again

Rob

I tried downloading this yesterday and just tried it again now and I keep getting the following: This file exceded daily download limit (1,024.00MB/file). It is temporary unavailable for download.

Would it be possible for anyone to upload this to a different server, as Im sure this will be interesting to see (Y)

Dan.

I tried downloading this yesterday and just tried it again now and I keep getting the following: This file exceded daily download limit (1,024.00MB/file). It is temporary unavailable for download.

Would it be possible for anyone to upload this to a different server, as Im sure this will be interesting to see (Y)

Dan.

Uploading to a new server as we speak. Will edit first post when done.

Dont forget that you can scroll through images by clicking on the numbers in the top right also.

Rob

Wow, thats good. Very impressive - which I could design like that :(

The robot thing reminds me of the video to GLC half man half machine, and just thought id mention (I'm a picky b*****d but bits like these stick out a mile to me), the inner bit of the P on the second page of the pebbles bit is filled with white, rather than the background colour. Wouldnt normally have mentioned it but the rest of it is so perfect it stands out.

Nice one.

Wow, thats good. Very impressive - which I could design like that :(

The robot thing reminds me of the video to GLC half man half machine, and just thought id mention (I'm a picky b*****d but bits like these stick out a mile to me), the inner bit of the P on the second page of the pebbles bit is filled with white, rather than the background colour. Wouldnt normally have mentioned it but the rest of it is so perfect it stands out.

Nice one.

Mwaaa haa haaaa!! its all part of the design. If you read the breifing page its actually a hole cut into the design for the string to go through as it is a clothing label.

Well spotted though :D

(edit.) ah i see what you mean, it should be black rather than white you mean. yeah i think ur probably right. Im gonna change that

cheers.

Edited by rathergoodpie

Mwaaa haa haaaa!! its all part of the design. If you read the breifing page its actually a hole cut into the design for the string to go through as it is a clothing label.

Well spotted though :D

(edit.) ah i see what you mean, it should be black rather than white you mean. yeah i think ur probably right. Im gonna change that

cheers.

Nah you were right the first time, didnt realise it was meant to be a hole! In that case, I can officially offer no suggestions at all on how to improve it, its a work of art in itself.

its a work of art in itself.

Couldn't have said it better myself :-

Great work! I think/hope you will go far in design, you certainly have the potential to do so just looking at your portfolio (Y)

Dan.

Edited by Danno