Profile Stock Hubs

munch8987

Hey all

Does anyone know where you can get the Profile mtb hubs from?? not wiggle or webcyclery....somewhere in this country

I'm after the 8 speed or 6 speed one and if anyone knows how much they are, please let me know

Also if anyones had any bad experiances with them, let me know

Thanks

Ben

It's not a problem, just wondering why they come in disc only :S

Ohh ok then.......not that the do them anyways

I'd remember reading somewhere that it gives you a stronger/better wheel build.

ok :$ i think its so people have the choice to use a disc as hope make discs they want all ther new hubs to be compatabe with there brakes i , if that makes any sence :huh: you could always chop the disc mounts off if you dont want them like akkers has done

I think it's because the non-driveside flange was moved inwards slightly to make a dishless wheel, therefore there's space on the non-driveside so why not stick a disk mount there, it's not really in the way and it opens up the opportunity to go rear disk later on if you choose to.

My mates profile blew up.The mtb one that is.

That about sums it up for me........Hope pro 2 it is then :-

Fair enough guys.....that kinda makes sense on hope's behalf, if you allready make one component, why not make it compatible with your others

Plus this way, they can pump out loads of the same shell type, instead of having 2 shell types which would cost them more to make and develop, then manufacture, plus give mail-order companies headaches as to what amount of each type they should get in...

Increases the re-sale value too, plus you can sell it on to XC/DH riders who frequently run discs on the rear.

I think it's because the non-driveside flange was moved inwards slightly to make a dishless wheel, therefore there's space on the non-driveside so why not stick a disk mount there, it's not really in the way and it opens up the opportunity to go rear disk later on if you choose to.

it wasn't the non-driveside flange that was moved inwards, it was the driveside flange of the shell that was extended and the barrel shortened to 6 speed, the disc mount is on for people who might want to use a disc...

ash

i have had a profile before and it was good. nice to have something differnt that imo is equally as good as the hope, if not stronger although the standard pro2 is probbly lighter.

but now, new bike and i have gone back to a king.

for value, go hope, for pimp go king or profile.

it wasn't the non-driveside flange that was moved inwards, it was the driveside flange of the shell that was extended and the barrel shortened to 6 speed, the disc mount is on for people who might want to use a disc...

ash

Fair enough, I just thought it'd need to be moved in a bit to make a dishless wheel :$

wiggle dont seem to do profile anymore, contact tartybikes they will be able to get you one in

Cheers mate, i'll give it a go (Y) suppose if their a supplier of the mini, they migh be able to special order one.....if i ask nicely

Edited by munch8987