Hope Pro 2

thefletch

no problems with mine, infact its the best hub ive ever owned or used, and thats out of hope xc/mono, bulb, king, eno/acs on revolver, many shitmanos, goldtech and variosu sealed hubs from a catalogue

as soon as i got it i cleaned out the greae, oiled it up and away i went, its faultless, it made a tiny ching noise last week, but thats it, nothting has come of it :)

best hub out i think (Y)

... I know that Porter bust his flange....

and now back to trials ... :lol:

mines been awesome skipped once or twice when brand spanking new, but now is solid as a rock. Makes a loverly noise, has an axle that is less likely to snap than the old XC's, and plenty of ep's

smart money buys one of these and not a king.

best hub I have had.

solid engament, stiff wheel and I havnt had it skip yet after 4 months!

gotta add a bad point or two though.....I blew a bearing after a month, apparently they have put new different (better) ones in now, so shouldnt be a prob....the other thing is gears, it really needs to be a 9spd setup to allow use of all 6 gears....now I dont trust 9spd chains, so my gears are a bit stroppy, but it still shifts into them and passes comp rules, so its all good.

I was boasting about my hub when i first got it saying it was the bee's knee's BUT im not to sure now. It has skipped more than a few times and so has my mates. The engagements do feel really solid when they engage but there has been alot of skips on it.

Maybe its just my hub as iv heard no other hubs skipping so i would say get one for sure. I dont think your going to thrash it as much as porter lol.

Hope that helps!!!!!!!!

Brett...........

I was boasting about my hub when i first got it saying it was the bee's knee's BUT im not to sure now. It has skipped more than a few times and so has my mates. The engagements do feel really solid when they engage but there has been alot of skips on it.

Maybe its just my hub as iv heard no other hubs skipping so i would say get one for sure. I dont think your going to thrash it as much as porter lol.

Hope that helps!!!!!!!!

Brett...........

did you take out the grease and relube lightly with oil? if not, then do that :)

No its not the chain, it is perfectly aligned with the cog. I know what a skip feels like from previous hubs :P. I may try changing the grease. Cant make it any worse.

Brett.........

I changed the grease in my hope Xc, now i know... its not the same huib but the effects of it will be the same, more solid feeling engagements and it is VERY rare for it to skip when i'm riding it. It skipped a couple of times with the grease still in but after you can just physically feel the difference.

Give it a go, you'll be suprised ;)

No its not the chain, it is perfectly aligned with the cog. I know what a skip feels like from previous hubs :P. I may try changing the grease. Cant make it any worse.

Brett.........

Right, the grease in the hub is thick, it slows the pawls down as they attempt to engage, therefore the pawls will not be as fully engaged when you put the power down, this makes it more likely to skip. Clean out all the grease and put in some thick oil. (Y)

I am having a bugger or a time gettin the freehub body off :$ With old hope hubs i'd jus pulled it off, but this proved to be a right pain. I got the little silver thingy cap thing off but i just cant get the body off. Do i need to remove the bearings inside somehow?

Cheers Rob

The springs and pwals donw fly out. The springs are not coiled springs they are leaf springs like in a profile. So they hold the pawls in place. Once you have done it once the free hub body will come off alot easier.

IPB Image

Edited by derf