New Car

pollocks

right am thinking of getting rid of the fiesta sometime early next year so now is the time to start saving towards it

my ideas at the mo are either a bmw m3 e36 or an audi s3 the earlier shape with the sweet leather and alcantara interior

am fed up with older cars now so am wanting to go for something newer and what ever i buy won't be modifyed at all i've about 8k to spend so the s3 is top of the budget

so if you were in my shoes what would you think about ?? incase i aint thought about it or over looked it lol

any help much aprreciated :)

Anything German. Does the £8k factor in insurance?

I'd go for an old S4 but to be honest it's personal preference.

The BMW has more of an image, but the S3 has the Quattro system.

Can't go too wrong with either of them, but people will have different opinions and it's only yours that counts really.

insurance on top of it fella its cheap enough now am 22 and have 4 years no claims touch wood

i just wondered if there were any other cars people thought fitted the bill :) i kinda want to step away from front wheel drive and away from the modifyed car world as i've been in it since passing my test and just fancy a bit of luxury leather, air con etc mmmmmm lush lol

You can pick up beasty BMW 7 series from around '96 for that money.

Depends what you want. you will have about 6 cows in there plus half an acre of forest on the dash, but might not be too great for going sideways round roundabouts.

not really my sort of thing to be honest lol i aint after a pimp daddy barge or owt lmao

think its the s3 just had an insurance quote andit aint bad might even be able to get it just as good if nto better than the fiesta but it is a bloody boy racer rs turbo lol

front wheel drive and the performance of an albatrose they are the same book figures as standard as a fiesta rs turbo lol i have a fiesta rs turbo and as standard they are 133bhp mines rolling roaded at 210bhp lol so i think that would feel sluggish and also am trying to go away from the whole yobbish boy racer thing

i mean would a girl rather be seen in

IPB Image

or

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Well r lass just read this with me and she says a girl would rather be seen in the fiesta st than the audi :P If it were me, id probs go the audi route out of the 2. The beemer is going to be an old car isnt it?

mike

Edited by mike425

mmm s3's are very sexy.

just to throw a few ideas at you for that sort of cash

vw golf v6 2.8.

bmw personally i prefer e46 models over the e36 even though you won't get a m3 for that price. the coupes look prety sexy to me though...one here

clio 182 cups are supposed to be awesome to drive.

erm also you could get something with a bit less class but a bit more punch, with a decent evo or scoob.

saying that though i think i would still go with the audi. something about audi's that just suggest quality. plus an s3 is going to be far from slow.

(Y)

Well r lass just read this with me and she says a girl would rather be seen in the fiesta st than the audi :P If it were me, id probs go the audi route out of the 2. The beemer is going to be an old car isnt it?

mike

ah well fella not all lass's have to like it just the ladys i like and i ran it past a couple of nice ladys and they all said audi or beemer

i've had a ford for the last 2 years yeah i like em but i just wanna grow up and nt be seen as a chav driving a fiesta lol

theres a lad round my way drives one of them st's in blue and he just looks a chav driving it lol

plus theres more room in the audi ;) lmao plus the majority of them come with leather seats as standard wipe clean lmao

deffo a jap car, very good performance. Or something small which can be tuned to go fast :D

Ian

everything jap is either common as dog shit like scoobys or proper rare and hard to get your hands on like an s15 silivia there doesn't seem to be anything in the middle lol

i aint a fan of jap stuff to be honest and do agree with why jap rhymes with crap ;)lol

and as for something that is small and can be tuned to go fast hows a fiesta rs turbo with 210 bhp that 80bhp up on standard if that fits the bill been there done that theres one on the driveway outside rigth now lol

mmm s3's are very sexy.

just to throw a few ideas at you for that sort of cash

vw golf v6 2.8.

bmw personally i prefer e46 models over the e36 even though you won't get a m3 for that price. the coupes look prety sexy to me though...one here

clio 182 cups are supposed to be awesome to drive.

erm also you could get something with a bit less class but a bit more punch, with a decent evo or scoob.

saying that though i think i would still go with the audi. something about audi's that just suggest quality. plus an s3 is going to be far from slow.

(Y)

i will get an e36 m3 for my price range lol :D

e46 i would love a m3 csl with the optional ap brakes n the lot but i aitn gonna be able to afford one of them for quite sometime lol golf well thats just an a3 chasis witha diffrent body lol

i think am pretty much decided on the s3 to be honest lol i just wanted to know what people could come up with lol

i'd go for a evo but there silly on insurance :o i mean i can insure the s3 with a remapped ecu for more power estimating the power at 270bhp for just less than a grand lol so i think i'd rather stick with that than go for the evo with a wee bit more power for a lot more money on insurance lol

Yeah Jap cars are crap aren't they... I mean look at the Integra Type-R. /Sarcasm

amazing feat of engineering there is no doubt about it a truly awesome car and i really like the new dc5 mmm tasty car lol but its front wheel drive and i ain't really a fan of that theres only so much fun you can have with that lol and am coming to the end and wanting some thing different lol

yea and the skyline and 200sx, i mean who would ever want NA tuning and loads of drifting?!

do you want to please tell me in english what you are on about in the above statement please

get a piece of jap crap...

get a nissan 200sx, a newer one, good condition, they fly and you can get two 26 bikes in them, proven.

toby

common car fella there like arseholes mate absouloutly every one and there dog has one lol and plus i don't really like em

i see the jap stuff as a bit of fad to be honest a recent trend

Edited by pollocks