Next Gen Games Consoles

Clawz114

Next Generation consoles  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which next generation games console will you be buying or do you think will be most sucessful?

• Sony Playstation 3
    • Microsoft XBox360
    • Nintendo WII
    • I wont be buying any of them.
    • Huh?

i already have the 360 which i never play.

i bet the Wii will be the most successfull by a mile.

i seriously doubt it will, the n64 and gamecube both sold far less than the competition. ps3 will will definatly be the most sucessful, its a playstation, wether its crap or not the fact its a playstation means it ll sell lots, plus i doubt it ll be crap wilth all the stuff it can do especially that blu ray stuff

yeh you would think so, but when it comes out and people are in the shop trying to decided, would they rather take home the ps3, or would they rather take both the 360 and the wii for pretty much the same price?

i know which i'd choose, and i know which most 'sensible' parents would choose too.

Oh, and the wii is gonna completely own in japan. I wouldn;t be suprised if each person bought 3 of them. Seriously. So most successfull world wide = Wii, most successful down your local council eastate, probably ps3, depending how generous benefits are these days.

Edited by RicH_87

I think it'll probably be the ps3 due to the brand loyalty thing i.e. people who don't like change. Sony also have access to better games/developers e.g. the GTA series (I think xbox have that now though :S , but nintendo haven't anyway) <- bad example, only one I could think of :(

edit: I won't be buying any though. If they're anything like the 360 you have to take out a small loan to buy games, I'd rather spend that money on my bike or something worthwhile.......or a hooker B)

Edited by the judge

I think it'll probably be the ps3 due to the brand loyalty thing i.e. people who don't like change. Sony also have access to better games/developers e.g. the GTA series (I think xbox have that now though :S , but nintendo haven't anyway) <- bad example, only one I could think of :(

Gran turismo HD

Metal gear solid 4

Grand theift auto 4

Final fantasy VII

If those 4 are release titles then the PS3 will completely own the Xbox360. WII will always win in the end, Nintendo will be the only ones making a profit on their consoles. And as for HD-DVD vs Bluray...Well HD-DVD lost the war the day the Xbox360 shipped without it ;)

PS2 games - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS2_games

Xbox games - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games

PS3 games - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS3_games

Xbox360 games - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_for_the_Xbox_360

I think there are more games planned for the PS3 than the xbox 360 and it isnt even out yet! Judging by this, i think the Playstation 3 will be better than the Xbox360.

Dan

Considering the PS3 will retail for 425 quid, it f**king better be better then its 360 counter part.

Sorry, but Sony have f**ked up, 425 quid for a console is insane, especially with the prices of the 360 and Wii.

Got to be the Wii, the motion sensor controler jobby looks so much fun to play. Anyone seen the game with the guns and sword, think it's red steel. You twist the controler, and it will twist the gun on the screen.Also with the sword fights on it, the sword follows every move you make. Also the new Zelda game looks like it could be good, never really been a fan but my friend likes it and it's fun to run around and go fishing, meant to be a massive area, and amazing graphics.

So for playability, the Wii will win hands down.

Sony tried to enter the whole movement controllers like Wii, but it is only for one game so far. Which i though was a pretty big let down also, with the cheaper version of the console, it has less features than the more expensive one.

Microsoft, have already released their console. So they now have to rely on word of mouth to keep selling their products. They aren't bringing out new features like the other two, so i can't see the xbox winning.

And like someone said earlier, the Wii has backwards compatability, meaning you can get all the classic games, from super nes,N64 and the old Nes.

So it's Wii for me, but the xbox is second way over ps3.

I'm currently loving the look of the Wii, but I probably won't buy one. Innovative controller, games to go with, so much multiplayer potential (I'm not talking online, I'm talking about 4 man Super monkey ball at 3am after a party.) Looks quality.

I got the XBOX 360 and its that god ive played it once since I got it.

I really dont like it at all, prefere a PC game to be honest. (N)

I wont be buying any of the next consoles but dad probably will lol.

Considering the PS3 will retail for 425 quid, it f**king better be better then its 360 counter part.

Sorry, but Sony have f**ked up, 425 quid for a console is insane, especially with the prices of the 360 and Wii.

The playstation was £400 when it first came out - didn't do them any harm at all. The price will halve within a year/18 months depending on sales and then everybody will buy them.

Ps2 owners are obviously going to go ps3 because of the game franchises and backward compatibility (i assume it'll be backward compatible) and theres literally tens of millions of those floating around.

personally, I'm a nintendo boy. I've got a fancy PC if I want to play games with shiny graphics and violence, consoles are for multiplayer fun when drunk and driving games

Playstation 3 has backwards compatibility for PS2 and PS1 games. And anyway, the thing which pisses me off is when Xbox 360 fanboys keep saying how expensive the PS3 is but they are forgetting that over 20,000 Xbox360s sold on ebay when there was the initial shortage. All for over the retail price, one even sold for $10,000. Sony might as well charge £1000, it will still sell out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8236106880

PS3 is too cheap if anything. It will most likely sell out on the initial shipment.

But ps3 games are all disks.

The Wii will have cd's, different size cartridges. But i think you just download them.

yup - when you buy the new nintendo they'll give you a thingy that lets you download their back catalogue (according to the blurb anyway)

yup - when you buy the new nintendo they'll give you a thingy that lets you download their back catalogue (according to the blurb anyway)

Is that like a direct link onto the console itself - Like the xbox360's market place? And do you have to pay?

Out of the lot I'd probably go Nintendo but I'm not all that fussed at all, doubt I'll be buying any of them.

Is that like a direct link onto the console itself - Like the xbox360's market place? And do you have to pay?

Out of the lot I'd probably go Nintendo but I'm not all that fussed at all, doubt I'll be buying any of them.

no idea how it'll work - it just told me on a flier thingy I picked up.

nice of them to think of it though

olly might know, he knows all sorts of stuff

I think the nintendo one will win, i hope so anyway! it's so much better for multiplayer and onyone who is genuinly serious about gaming won't be using a ps2/3 Xbox etc they'll have a speced out pc. and for me consoles like ps2 etc have been for messing around with mates, not obsessive gaming lol. so nintendo 4tehwin111