Is My Trials Bike Good ?

$IL3NT.

Hi guyz im new to trials biking but have been riding other bikes for years. i got in to the sport because i really enjoyed watching motobike trials bikes on the t.v. i am 15 about 5 foot 10 and weigh around 55 Kg.

i was wondering if the trials bike i bought is right for me and is it a good bike ?? :ermm:

here is a site i found with my bike on it : http://www.bikesnbits.com/products.php?plid=m1b5s3p531

it would also be interesting to know if anyone has the same bike :Dlol

i have had some nasty falls since i started :( but, "wen u get knocked down u gotta get back up" :P

or perhaps cos its not long low n silver

Haha Seconded! The bike as Paul said will do you to start off with but as you progress it mite start to hold you back and that is when you should consider a better one.

Edited by Jonny Shoe

itll be fine til he starts doing proper gaps and getting up big walls, once that happens, bye bye to the majority of the bits :( id suggets selling it just before that happens to a little chavvy kid, and using the money towards a nicely specced secondhand bike or a new t pro or something

thr majority of us started on something completely unsuitable for trials, its not all bad

All the chavs around stoke have them...if you are serious about the sport it is always better to spend that little bit more money on something that doesn't look too much like a bmx.....i would sell it and save for a t-pro because with the different geometry/components you really will feel the difference,especially in weight.

zoo baby!

All the chavs around stoke have them...if you are serious about the sport it is always better to spend that little bit more money on something that doesn't look too much like a bmx.....i would sell it and save for a t-pro because with the different geometry/components you really will feel the difference,especially in weight.

zoo baby!

It looks nothing like a BMX... :S

It will do to start with, but once you progress a bit you will want something better :)

ok thanx for all the replys guyz ill take all your advice and try to improve my trials

ps. when u put the seat of that bike right to the bottom (how i have it) its does look more like a trials bike than a bmx :P

ill keep trying and i really am takin this sport seriously lol i ride my bike every day but my blisters are really holdin me back need to get some gloves lol and new grips :huh:

ps. when u put the seat of that bike right to the bottom (how i have it) its does look more like a trials bike than a bmx :P

you have to take the seat right off before you'll get any respect around here :P (although with that much seatpost sticking out I really wouldnt advise it)

Keep riding it until you feel limited by it - you'll know when it happens and that's the time to change to something a bit more uncomfortable.

Edited by poopipe

Keep riding it until you feel limited by it

i dont feel limited by it but i dont like it lol. would look better if i cut it off. i think im gonna do it right now :D

when iv cut it off ill post the new image lol

p.s the only reason its still on is because when ur trial bikin all day u need a break now and again :P ill just lie on the floor from now on then :D

thanx for the advice guyz !

i dont feel limited by it but i dont like it lol. would look better if i cut it off. i think im gonna do it right now :D

PLEASE PLEASE dont your dad will kill you!!!

lets face it to get any respect on the forum at the mo' you have to have a custom IOLO bike

a Ashton stock - with a Pro2

Or a Mod which isnt Long Low and Silver but still gets people to stand up an listen

Just ride the f**king bike an stop worrying about it we all started on shamefull bikes (well us peasants did) :$ obiously some people can afford the BLING-est bikes but by cuting off the seat post you aint changing the bike you just....... de-facing it and ruining it

pointless buying a bike with a seat than to make a total bodge job with a hack saw an f**k it up..... if you really want a better bike... (which i dont think is nessasary (it will help you progress faster maybee but you have to have $$$ the beans to back it up (which i never have)))

T-pros online sell for about £60 new on E-bay but id keep it keep it cool keep it original!!! B)

That's good bike for the price.

Don't cut the seat stem off, just put up with it for the best part of a year then sell it like Paul said.

Even if you find your not going to stick at it at least you haven't wasted half a grand or anything like that.

(Y)

Edited by JT!

lol i am not going cut it off myself with a hacksaw my freinds dad can do it for me (do it properly and make it look good) :P

it was the only trials bike in my local bike shop thats why i bought it. i just thought it was a wiked bike when i seen it. :o

i didn't even realise it was a trials bike at the time because i had never seen one like that before. it just caught my eye :o

PLEASE PLEASE dont your dad will kill you!!!

My dad wont kill me. he lives nowhere near me and i dont see him anymore. <_<

i will stick at it forever :D trials is my life now i go out on it every day no matter how bad i am i will never give up untill i am as good as you guys :D

ill fit in better if i had no seat lmao !! :lol:

Edited by $IL3NT.

I'd go with what some of the others said. A second hand bike to start off with would be advisable. Look out for anything with 14mm axles. It's a sign of the bike ain't going to be any good. Don't worry about the seat as it ain't going to be in the way as i'm sure your not leaning back all that way just yet (Y)

zoo baby!

speaking of that i saw a lad doing a really controlled wheelie on one of them. He had a huge xc seat post in it, it looked reet weird.

remember that blue and green bike we did 'trials' on :rolleyes: that was great :lol:

Me and this lovely bloke i just quoted learned most beginner things on a da bomb school. that was so much fun. Although it did ride better than that shogun gimp does its just something to get you going. I think JT also had a da bomb at some point in his trials life.

You have the right attitude about riding your bike though mate (Y) a tip is when on a group ride just keep trying things, don't think to yourself "i don't want make a fool out of myself because they're all better" everyone starts from somewhere ;) just stick at it.

Edited by Barber

I still would keep the stem, it'll make it easier to sell when you get a new one. Really isn't worth doing. Just ride.

ok ill keep the seat post :)

and yes ur right i dont lean far back enough as to a point where it gets it the way so ill just take ur advice and leave it :P