Zoo! Pads,,?

Maximus

Hey i'm thinking of getting some new pads and i herd that these are the best on the market (zoo! pads) (Y) , i've looked on onzaboymarks thread on break pads and they are quite common, but nobody from my nolage has run these on a smooth rim and no tar, i say this as i don't want to grind my rim, shorly there are some great pads that are the beast on smooth rims, it seems silly to grind away your rim because no company has bother to make a pad that is as good as one on a grind. is there?

thanks..... (Y)

On a smooth rim with a swear of tar, there the dogs :)

On a grind there amazing for the 5 minutes before there on the backing :P

I use them on the front personally.

Were can i get tar? and i'm going to run them on the back on a smooth rim, dose anyone no how they will perform, obviosly better than my kool stops, but how butch better because my kool stops are rubbish and don't hold at all!!!! so are zoo the best on simply a smooth rim and NO TAR! (Y)

Were can i get tar? and i'm going to run them on the back on a smooth rim, dose anyone no how they will perform, obviosly better than my kool stops, but how butch better because my kool stops are rubbish and don't hold at all!!!! so are zoo the best on simply a smooth rim and NO TAR! (Y)

You get tar from roads. Its the black stuff which surounds somwhere which has been tarmaced. just get a srew driver and collect it. then simply rub it round your rims (Y)

IPB Image

Edited by lee220

Zoo pads are in a different league then koolstops. They're sooo much better.

They do ok on a smooth rim, if you can get away without tar then go for it. Tar or no tar they'll be loads better then your koolstops.

(Y)

i have never tried ZOO! pads but i have echo reds which when i first got my bike and they were running on a nice brandy new echo 06 rear rim coor blimey they worked well! when locked up unmovable no matter how much i tried to get them to slip they wouldn't but not so good when wet :(, when they rims got muddy and dusty though the brakes almost stopped working so ground them and they worked as good as new again and are wearing quite slowly, and the squeak is very satisfactory on the newly ground rim :P

I used them on a worn rim grind. They work well in the dry (give a good squeak), they make good pads for big moves as they have a good amount of stopping power in dry weather, which makes them good for gaps etc.

But i did find that if it got cold the brake pad was much less effective and didn't work very well, the same thing happens when it is wet, so you end up loosing trust in them when it is raining, as the brakes tend to slip and roll alot. This wouldn't of been helped by the fact that my rim was pretty smooth, as the grind had worn down.

In the end i got some new koxx bloxx browns, and found they worked better in all weather with a smooth rim and no tar.

Edited by huck_it

So what are the best pads for a ground rim.

I've ridden koolstops but they are rubbish and dont grip.

I'm ridding Monty pads now and the rims going to get grinded again tonight.

It's a harsh grind so are there any pads that have good grip

while lasting longer than a couple of weeks on this type of grind?

Well i recently got a new bike so it has a pretty fresh rim grind on it now. I had the dilemma of buying some new pads for it, but just to be safe, i stuck to what i know and have used, so i brought another pair of koxx bloxx browns.

They give a very good, tight grip on the rim (which helps alot for confidence on bigger moves). I haven't used them with tar as i haven't got hold of any yet but i think i might buy some. They work very well in the wet or cold (which means i can be out on my bike more :D ).

The wear rate so far is very good as the pads aren't ridiculously soft or hard, i find they are a happy medium. When the grind wears off they are still very good pads in my opinion. (Y)