Tires 20"

mods

So eh chris, where'd you get them and how come they aren't on a bike?

I guess the sidewalls are to help reduce weight, and depending on the density of the rubber could also make for an extra grippy trye on uneven surface's in the the knob's can stretch to a certain degree.

Chris, are they still 2.7 or have they gone down to 2.6?

Edited by jake1516

well on the site i got the pictures from it sais there 2.6 on the rear. I don't really think the holes are worth compromising the wear life of the tire for the weight reduction

The drilling are only on the far sides of the tread, which never gets much wear compared to the centre tread of the tyre so i doupt it would make much difference it wouldn't put me off anyway. and i think that the drilled bits would compress more to so it might help with grip :) andy idea on prices?

hmm, 200g is a fair weight saving over the back end alright.

Good 100g lighter than a Maxis CC on the front too.

These are obviously comp orientated tyres, i'd like to find out of mud manages to stick in the hole's and make the tyres even heavier than normal ones though.....

hmm, 200g is a fair weight saving over the back end alright.

These are obviously comp orientated tyres, i'd like to find out of mud manages to stick in the hole's and make the tyres even heavier than normal ones though.....

lol good point! :)

Iv got the monty tyres that came out just before the egle claw ones and i dont think they will be any different only looks...

Although the tyers are awesome, best tyres iv ever had,, you can have alot of psi in them and still feel to not have enough.. i am light so i dont need alot anyway but my mate had his psi about 25 or more and still felt bouncy.. just lovely tyres (Y)(Y)(Y):)

Grip wise just awesome again, tested them out in a comp the following weekend when i got them and did their job brill!!

You should have a Try-All up front anyway (561g, so they're lighter than the Monty fronts anyway) :P

May have to give that rear a try out though, unless I forget about how much I hate Creepy Crawlers just before I buy a new rear - the way it happens every time :rolleyes:

Joe hodges was using the one of the first in the UK, they are now available from Unicycle.com I believe, even though it may not be on their site yet. I had a look at it myself, and I personally thought it was no larger than a rear Creepy Crawler. To be honest, I think the older Monty '2.5s' like the white wall and yellow wall are fatter than this new Eagleclaw.

It's got a grippier compound than the older Monty tyres, so that's surely a good thing! :rolleyes:

It's high in Joe's standards, and that's something as he's incredibly fussy about tyres and their properties :rolleyes:.

Yeah, i got this tyre. It seems pretty decent for trials, I like it a lot more than a Try-all or creepy crawler. Not a puncture on this yet, and some of you know how sloppy I can be sometimes :S:P

Overall, i'd rate this tyre highly, it is grippy, and not too fat, seriously, its not really noticably fatter than a rear CC. Go for it you guys!