My Ashton Justice!

ghosts_cloak

Hello guys!

I have just got my Ashton back from the bike shop today :D It looks awesome! Havent gone further than the end of my drive yet as I want to grind the rim (pads kept sticking to the tar), but it felt really nice!

Cheers to Ilukeee for selling me it, although I have changed a load of the parts with bits on my Leeson, so I think posting some pictures is worthwhile!

The only thing Im not happy with (apart from the rear rim which I will sort soon) is the front brake, it really has no hold at all... gaps to front wheel just arent going to happen with it at the mo! Any suggestions? I was thinking of sanding the pads and washing the disk, but with what should I wash it?

Spec:

Koxx forks

Chris King classic --> try all rim

Hope front hub, headset, CNC stem, trial disk brake, quick releases

DMR V12

Easton EA70 bars

Middlesburn pro trials cranks

Magura with Heatsink booster and pads

KMC Kool chain

XT shifter, cheap Shimano cassette, BB, and rear mech

Click the thumbs for large images!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

looks real nice,,,,,they are sposed to ride real nice too!

kinda modern old school?

:)

Yeah, something like that! I wanted a trials bike to "do it all", street, natural, and gears to get me around! I think it puts ticks in all the boxes!

Gareth

Good work dude.

She's looking nice :)

you wouldnt belive how much im thinking of building up another ashton right now. :-

Cheers :)

Awww, your so silly Luke :P

Gareth

I dont think this really warrants a new thread, and its related to the problem with the front disk, so:

The square box thing on the lever (reservoir?) spews out little drops of some liquid when I pull the lever. The bike shop were supposed to have serviced it, maybe they didnt do something up properly or is this to be expected (I doubt it)?! - How can I fix this?

Thanks

Gareth

I dont think this really warrants a new thread, and its related to the problem with the front disk, so:

The square box thing on the lever (reservoir?) spews out little drops of some liquid when I pull the lever. The bike shop were supposed to have serviced it, maybe they didnt do something up properly or is this to be expected (I doubt it)?! - How can I fix this?

Thanks

Gareth

A new seal maybe? or just put it in properly, then tighten up the bolts, if it's still doing it, then you need a new seal.

There cheapish.

Mat

Thanks

Gareth

Pretty normal for it to lose a little bit of fluid, thats a breather hole and in this weather it'll be working hard.

Thanks

Gareth

i blead that break, the bleed is perfect. however the hose is a little kinky. as edwardio says, the fluid will expand in the heat.

you are the biggest bike hypochondriac i know :P

i blead that break, the bleed is perfect. however the hose is a little kinky. as edwardio says, the fluid will expand in the heat.

you are the biggest bike hypochondriac i know :P

:$ :(

'tis probably true. I just like everything to be perfect!

Thanks for the replies everyone, I have been on it twice today in the rain (it stopped raining each time I came in!) and its great!

Coming back to the front brake, Im still having trouble as you may have seen in the trials chat forum, its stuck on! Each time I push the pads back the same happens two minutes later :(

Its not as fun riding around with a Hope trial disk brake stuck on!

Gareth