Racing Car Picss!

Whiteboy

went to a hill climb day as my mum knows one of the competetors wife (*he came first on the day in the 600cc group and his son in 2nd place) so heres a few pics

IPB Image

*son in his dads car who came second.

IPB Image

FAST morris.

IPB Image

ford maybe?

IPB Image

sexy lotus!

IPB Image

and again

IPB Image

mmmmmini

IPB Image

*guys car uses for racing. he also builds them to spec for customers, most cars there were built by him.

all commets appreciated

Edited by Whiteboy

That Wiscombe!! Wicked place!

I've done a climb there ^_^ it's real fast and real sketchy in places.

Did anyone crash into the post as they go into the wooded section Tom? There's always a crash there. I take it it was a classic day as there's normally more newer cars.

there were a few crashes most not o seriouss. a few people cam off the track round the martini hairpin last corner. some guy hit the fence just through bunny's leap causin his front sus to flow and completly explode his left front rim! just at the end of the day heard there was a guy in the big car races like the 2 litre jobbies had bassicly crashed and was gettin air amubulanced away, but we were then inform he was ok and had been taken to nearest hospital. was a mint day. i wana buy a cheap car so can go round that track :angry:

look at the red mini pic at the top, the front wheels seem to moving considerably faster than the rears!!! FWD car's are not good for hill climbs me thinks! Looks like a superb event, hope you had a blast and thanks for sharing the pictures (Y)

look at the red mini pic at the top, the front wheels seem to moving considerably faster than the rears!!! FWD car's are not good for hill climbs me thinks! Looks like a superb event, hope you had a blast and thanks for sharing the pictures (Y)

You would be surprised at how good the likes of Minis and Mk1 Golfs are :-

At the last event I was at The fastest time was set by a Radical (built for competition, rear wheel drive, light weight) second fastest was set by a Mini!! It beat 2 other Radicals lots of old single seaters, an Evo 7 which is amazingly prepped and this was in an event with nearly 40 cars!

They all have the advantages and disadvantages, to much power in a rear wheel drive car can be hard to drive in a straight line :- four wheel drive cars don't coner amazingly unless they have very expesive and high tech diffs to balance the power and FWD cars suffer from fast starts.

Like I said all have a disadvantage but at these kind of events it really comes down to drive technique. (Y)