Where Can I Get Thin Grips...

Shez.sheridan

After getting used to the feel of the thin grips on my monty, I love them & could never go back to thick ones..however, all this could come to an end as I have a problem - the first set were ripped & held on with insulation tape - so I bought a new pair, which ripped within 6 days (just 4 hours of riding & it's always the left one that wears out quickest?).

So, I need suggestions - I want a low thickness foam pair of grips offering good durability - any ideas?

Cheers boys & girls

Derv

After getting used to the feel of the thin grips on my monty, I love them & could never go back to thick ones..however, all this could come to an end as I have a problem - the first set were ripped & held on with insulation tape - so I bought a new pair, which ripped within 6 days (just 4 hours of riding & it's always the left one that wears out quickest?).

So, I need suggestions - I want a low thickness foam pair of grips offering good durability - any ideas?

Cheers boys & girls

Derv

ritchley are as good as it gets. Thicker than monty but still foam so you soon squeeze them down to size

i used to run roadie bar tape. its handy as you can make the grips as long or short as you like and its avaliable in different softness. a friend of mine still runs it and hes mental! also loads of wack ass colours and lasts aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages (Y)

i used to run roadie bar tape. its handy as you can make the grips as long or short as you like and its avaliable in different softness. a friend of mine still runs it and hes mental! also loads of wack ass colours and lasts aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages (Y)

Any links for geting some of that dude? Sounds good.

Anf.

(Y) Yep, bar tape foam is excellent! Much better feel for the bike, and come in all psychedelic colours :P , including camo etc...

Recently, i've put another layer, and it's incredible! and yea, it comes out cheaper, for longer lasting, tape it in the direction of your wrist pulling back.

IPB Image

Go to Halfords, they do like 4 long sticks of Foam for you to cut to your size you want. There fairly thin aswell, and for £5 you can't really moan.

Get about 4 pairs of grips out of them aswell.

Edit: Thats what you get, the halford ones are probbaly a tad longer

^^^^

Thats what you want.

Mat

I tore the arse out of those grips in about 2.3 seconds. All the many bits of grip I got out of that 4-pack. Plus, for the time I had them, they were so soft that they just felt like the grip was slipping, even though it wasn't.

Brahma grips are nice and thin, plus you get 4 grips for £5 too, but they last a decent length of time.

I tried 'real' roadie bar tape and it was terrible. It either unwound as soon as it got slightly wet, or it just pulled apart from me riding it. Wasn't impressed...

Currently got my purple dildo grips on that are made thin and last for ages. Plastiche Cassano or something like that.

Go to Halfords, they do like 4 long sticks of Foam for you to cut to your size you want. There fairly thin aswell, and for £5 you can't really moan.

Get about 4 pairs of grips out of them aswell.

Edit: Thats what you get, the halford ones are probbaly a tad longer

^^^^^ DO IT!

There 21/22cm, before you cut them! so plenty for a few grips!

Yeah, I did some research before about them, but the gaylords (for want of a better term :P) don't make the thin, ribbed grips any more :(

And what sig did I steal? :P

Having said that, these badboys look pretty slim. 19mm, which is about 3mm less than the Try-All sorta grips, judging from the Try-All grips specs they've got on the Progrip site there... I was refering to the 889s in case that doesn't come up, but the first ones on there have the same sorta grips I'm after.

I was refering to the 889s in case that doesn't come up, but the first ones on there have the same sorta grips I'm after.

http://www.progrip.com/default.asp?tip=8&ite=cyc#top

or these ones that are the same as the ribbed grips!!! yes!!

:P

Yeah, pity about the other random bits of grip on those. May have to try and get on to Off Road Only, 'cos I'm pretty sure they can get ProGrip stuff in.