Black Mumba, New Pics!

stiffnips

Ok so heres my bike, it's a Blackmumba. The frame was previously will arnolds, he done a great job spraying it ^_^ you may of seen this before but still... here it is!

Quick spec:

Black mumba frame

viz forks

viz rims

profile rear hub

hope front hub

magrua louise disk

zoo bars

zoo stem

magura hs33 rear brake - is now blue

try-all pants cranks - now has tensile 165mm cranks

try-all bb - now has echo bb

maxxis creepy crawler tyres

dmr v8 pedals - now has black ones ;)

IPB Image

IPB Image

A little modification :P

IPB Image

IPB Image

*Latest pictures*

New tyres, bashplate, rear brake, brake booster, cranks, pedals, bb, sprocket and tensioners!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Sorry pics are abit naff.

Let me know what you think guys... Be honest! :-

Cheers, Nick.

Edited by stiffnips

I do like the purple. Was thinking about it for my pitbull but went for blue in the end.

Why the chain tensioner?

You've got horizontal dropouts, you don't need one!

Our is it broken?

Looks nice though, hopefully you can ride it too lol.

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Where the second wheel on the jocky would have been, he's put the axle through it instead and then uses the the hub and the frame to pinch the tensioner tight into position. My mate does it too. Works well and if you land on it, it just moves up and doesn't usually break.

Don't know why he's running it though? he's got horizontal dropouts.

Where the second wheel on the jocky would have been, he's put the axle through it instead and then uses the the hub and the frame to pinch the tensioner tight into position. My mate does it too. Works well and if you land on it, it just moves up and doesn't usually break.

Don't know why he's running it though? he's got horizontal dropouts.

(Y) It just makes it easier to get my brake in line as well as my chain being tight, but i think i'm going to use normal chain tugs now.

I'm getting a load of new parts for this soon so i'll post the new pictures when it's built.

Now thats better looking, thank god you got tensioners :rolleyes:

i think you have the same problem as i did with mine, the chain rubbing on the seatstay <_< its the worst thing about that frame but it cant be helped.

try this trick though: cut up a can, coke red bull whatever make strips that will fit round the frame then duck tape them in place but let the metal go right round the frame so you can twist it round when it starts to wear out. This is sooo much more effective than tubes around the frame, and with this system you can actually run you chain at a decent tension (Y)