Echo Pure 06

T-Limburn

ok i did a search and found one review from stevecoust about the 06 pure frame but i wondered what other people thought of them too, so what experiences have people had with the new pure and what do you generally think of them?

are they as strong as the controls?

any feedback is much appreciated.

cheers,

Tom

he's got a control mate!

joE!

Its a pure.

I've had the new pure since April 06, previously having an ashton and toxsin 2, it's a big improvment.

Everyone that's had a ride will agree that it is really light to ride, feels comfortable on the back wheel. Although at the moment I'm finding it to be a bit short (1075 I think), so I'm riding with the onza pazzaz stem to give myself more room, which has helped. Thats just a personal opinion though.

As for strength, I've landed a few times on the downtube and it's basically just laughed it off, hard as a coffin nail. The back end isn't as nearly as stiff as the control so I'd recommend a brake booster to avoid flexing the frame :)

To sum up it's worth a buy as it's basically the best value for money frame there is, considering that it'll last aaaaaaages and it costs less than most.

Think I have a pic of mine somewhere, I'll upload later.

From NMC dude, Preety helpfull. (Y)

My older brother has one. It is very nice (Y) quite light, easy on the backwheel and looks great

Only fault is that there isnt a built in brake booster so i would recommend buying one (Y)

Quite strong too as he has landed on the frame lots but hasnt's put dents in it

New 06 pure *** they just look so pimped the old ones were good frames but just look to dated nowadays

I wouldn't say so, the new Pures are a watered down version of the original amazing Pures. The new Pures are now 6061 alu with small tubing in general compared to the 04 Pure (downtube for example) and Pures have already broken in China, especially the chainstays are thin which get crushed by sidehops easily. Headtubes snapped off a few of the new Pures too in China.

It'd be so much better to bring back the 04 Pure in its original saddle-able and U6 version, and have it in a polished chrome look like the rest of the Echo frames. This new 'Pure' isn't really the same as the old one at all. :ermm:

But yeah, aside from the downpoints, the new Pure's still a good bike to ride, just don't treat it as harshly as you can treat Controls, but I will always prefer an older Pure.

From what I learned in China, the Pure 06's have snapped headtubes off and 2 of the riders I rode with had Pures with crisp thin dented chainstays. :sick:

Old Pures for the win

obviousely your friends in china and me are riding a different frame :huh: , ive gave mine some stupid hammer hooks taps the works and im sidehopping every 2 minutes slipping to chainstay harsh as fook and theres not one dent in it, the only dent i put in my frame was on a dropdown to a rail that went wrong and its a tiny one at that, the old pures are crap to be fair you do a sidehop and you land with a seat up your arse, theyre shorter and i personally dont think theyre any stronger, really putting the one i have to the test and its took everything so far, destroyed 2 rims already :S

obviousely your friends in china and me are riding a different frame :huh: , ive gave mine some stupid hammer hooks taps the works and im sidehopping every 2 minutes slipping to chainstay harsh as fook and theres not one dent in it, the only dent i put in my frame was on a dropdown to a rail that went wrong and its a tiny one at that, the old pures are crap to be fair you do a sidehop and you land with a seat up your arse, theyre shorter and i personally dont think theyre any stronger, really putting the one i have to the test and its took everything so far, destroyed 2 rims already :S

Lmao.

:lol:

Mat