3rd Edition Of The Cambridge Ride Hehe

Joe Papasnap Maher

Good Photos, Joe Really liked the first one of the guy on the mod toxsin :) .

How long have you had that site Joe?

About a week. The whole site is soon gonna be uploaded. Where photos of celebritys...musicians..sportsman/women will all be on there..and then intend to sell prints of the pics. :)

There are some nice shots there! Yours are better than mine Joe!

I've definately got to pull my socks up with photo taking. Looking at all the photos so far from the Cambridge ride I've come up with some tips. Maybe this would be a good place to ask you what you think of these suggestions (not directed at your photos Joe!):

• To make moves look bigger, take shots from the crouching position
  • For more interesting shots where the rider fills the composition more, turn the camera to suit the angle that rider and bike make. For example ignoring the angle of the ground and instead going for having the usually vertical side of the shot approximately parallel with the bike/rider upright form.
  • For better lit shots be aware of where the sun is shining from and try and get shots with it mostly shining from behind you (as long as you shadow doesn't obscure the shot!).
  • To avoid big moves looking small, show the full size of the obstacle by getting its base in shot. You can make them look bigger if there is a near edge that you can catch in the shot since this height in the foreground will appear bigger
  • For a more interesting shot, spy an interesting background and work it in: Impressed spectators, interesting building, No cycling road sign.
  • For a more interesting shot, be sure to catch the riders face and expression (Joe will never dissappoint!)
  • For a more interesting shot, change your usual moment of capture. For example try rather than getting every shot on the moment of landing, maybe catch the moment of most extreme body position mid move, or the moment when the tyre is just inches from landing.
  • For a better framed photo, if riders are sessioning an obstacle, take the opportunity to do a practise shot to be sure you get the angle you want right and everything in.
You combined lots of these ideas in some of your photos Joe! Julien dropping in, Wing mid flight, Jonny bunnyhopping (Y)

Steve