Emo...

Si-man

Actually what I'm getting at is that it's not attention-seeking behaviour. It happens that quite a lot of people who have felt shitty enough to go there deal with the shame attached to it by being quite open about it, I know I did. So, in other words, try some empathy on for size, and quit pretending like your some hard-man-emo-slayer, it's a pathetic and hollow statement.

Joe x

lol emo slayer i like it. ps no i aint hard lol. i just hate them. around my area there always in you face, tehre just idiots. its not pathetic because most of them do do it for attention and make up shit. so simple as really they wnat attention get someone to slit there throat and they will get it. Im not hard or emo slayer i just hate them and would do it to them becasue there so stupid. you come down my area on a wednesday its like being in a land where to get along you have to slit your wrist they come from miles away to rock cafe and it makes you feel wierd in your own town. s

sorry but i hate them and always will same as i hate chavs.

Edited by Monkey_style

you guys are getting emos mixed up with scene kids.

the people who are saying 'I know loads of emos and non of them self harm' are wrong. You don't know EMOS you know wannabes who dress like emos but like panic at the disco.

Emos are the people who write blogs about how much their life sucks and how much their mother is a whore, these are not the same as your mates who thought they looked good in tight pants.

Stop sticking up for those people, becasue scene kids are about the most self rightious, wannabe, posers i've ever met. On the whole they slag off everyone a lot more than they get put down, they deserve everything they get. They aren't 'nice' people, they certainly aren't 'genuine', most of them wouldn't die for their mates, or be willing to help complete strangers. All they care about is being 'random' and seeing who can cut off the circulation to their feet most effectivly.

They are the skaters who could never skate, they are the band mates who could never play, they suck at sport, they suck at school, in general they suck at everything except going to gigs and taking photos in the mirror.

Emo is a clique that stretches right back to the 80's. You're wannabe mates aren't emos.

Im short, WERD

Scene kids are giving emos a worse reputation.

Isnt sam wheeler emo. if so hes the safest emo i know. Emos in away are just twats they just want atention. I mean the bmxers round my area are absolute gimps there msn has all crap abiut slitting rists etc and stupid pics that takes you a while to work out what they are. Also one of the bmxers who i recently had a fight with in waitrose while my mom was working there lol he wears girls jeans. How do they ride in them without ripping really. Also go ride brum and come out of snow hill station and walk up past the bus stops and where that feild with that memrial thing is its emo heaven and they asct liek 3 year olds an then they shout abuse to you. They follow each otehr and do f**k all all day long. They make me angry to lol. dont ask me why hehe.

Basically the [oint is they slit there wrists because they think there cool and then compare scares. Its a bit like chavs and smoking. I dont know what point im trying to make they just piss me off.

edit. i listen to alot of there music its great. i dress a tad emo but jeans tight as f**k slitting your wrist writing poetry crying over chik fliks sorrybut they shpuld be shot

Beau that statement was outrageous!

You think im emo for god sake! how much do u know? u know i love u long time, but seriously dude!

SCENE KIDS AREN'T EMOS! thats the moral of this story.

Im not even bothered, im not emo or scene and i never will be.

The real emo kids who do cut themselves, shouldn't be ridiculed on a forum an in the newspaper but should be given help like any other self-harming individual! No matter what reason they are doing it for, they need help not public embarrassment.

The fact they can even label cutting themselves with people who wear black clothing an listen to bands with heartbroken lyrics just makes my head spin! There are some seriously judgemental people around.

Rant over!

x

I don't know any 'emo' kid who has slit their wrists for attention. This whole thing about slitting of wrists as attention seeking pisses me off, it's pretty damned far from the truth. You have to be in a pretty dark place mentally to think it's a good idea. It's also addictive behaviour, I know if you get into a habit of it it becomes something to do when you're bored, which is pretty horrible in retrospect.

Joe x

My bro cuts himself, he listens to the music but isnt an emo whatsoever!!

Hes 15, and has been doing it for about 9 months, only found out about 2 months ago!

He doesnt do it for attention, calms him down.

of reading some of the post so is there some things that is for sure, you dont need to be emo to cut your wrists!

I had a friend she cut her wrists and stuff she wasnt emo but she was deep mentally depressed, Im getting pissed off on the girls/boys who cuts their wrist to get attention, cause its so hard to see the people who really need help!!!

She tryied take her life, noone cared about that girl cause they thought she was an "attention seeker", thank god she got help in time and she is alive today!!

It shouldnt be allowed to write an articel like that cause its sending wrong view of different styles!

//suss

IPB Image

Why did phil williams do this :(

Ah, the naiviety of youth. I realised many years ago that the Daily Mail is just a right wing, conservative shit rag that has nothing to do with real life. It's just for people who sit in their mansions after 30 years on the board of multinational banks and oil companies wondering when the Government will stop giving people an easy ride, stop benefits (because the unemployed just don't want to work), deport everyone who can't trace their ancestry back to the 13th century, and kill all single mothers since they're the cause of global warming.

My god!.. ill be so f**king happy when all of that happens ill keep on reading the daily mail then. Screw all the people that feed off everyone elses earned money.

Edited by Spacemunkee

Beau that statement was outrageous!

You think im emo for god sake! how much do u know? u know i love u long time, but seriously dude!

SCENE KIDS AREN'T EMOS! thats the moral of this story.

Im not even bothered, im not emo or scene and i never will be.

The real emo kids who do cut themselves, shouldn't be ridiculed on a forum an in the newspaper but should be given help like any other self-harming individual! No matter what reason they are doing it for, they need help not public embarrassment.

The fact they can even label cutting themselves with people who wear black clothing an listen to bands with heartbroken lyrics just makes my head spin! There are some seriously judgemental people around.

Rant over!

x

Well said, sir :)

Ah, the naiviety of youth. I realised many years ago that the Daily Mail is just a right wing, conservative shit rag that has nothing to do with real life. It's just for people who sit in their mansions after 30 years on the board of multinational banks and oil companies wondering when the Government will stop giving people an easy ride, stop benefits (because the unemployed just don't want to work), deport everyone who can't trace their ancestry back to the 13th century, and kill all single mothers since they're the cause of global warming.

All throughout history adults have be sceptical or worried of youth movements they don't understand. In the 70s it was long hair, 45 minute prog rock concept albums and soft drugs. In the 50s it was the 'rock and roll' kids, with young girls screaming at the Beatles. Heck, go back far enough and I'm sure parents were worried about how the young people were starting to follow this 'Moses' chap who had a boat or something to going to sea...

As above. The moral of this story is nothing to do with emos.... never read the Daily Mail.

Emo kids need to grow up the most anoying thing about them is that they cry and wine and say there life is so bad because they got dumped ounce there are people in the world homless , jobless and widowed in diere need than some spoilt brats.

I hate it when im all gothed up and im walkin down the street and somone will shout u f*%kin emo , I find this offenceive as i hate emo and all they stand for they say there nonconformist ( individule ) but they all look the same.

As for cuttin yourself ive done it im not proud but i did it at a time of need and anger but ive found away around it now , and instead of labeling people emo we should help them as it is a serious mental illness

and they need help. As for sam wheeler leave him out of this no one has anyright to call anyone on forum for beleife religion dress sence or other.

as for the article iam very anoyed at that because they have done sodall research into what a emo actully is wich is to be "emotional" no rist slitting what so ever.

lets all live in harmony grebs ,goths ,mods ,chavs ,emo's ,punks ,the comonwellth ,the pritty boys and the elderly .

Emo kids need to grow up the most anoying thing about them is that they cry and wine and say there life is so bad because they got dumped ounce there are people in the world homless , jobless and widowed in diere need than some spoilt brats.

I hate it when im all gothed up and im walkin down the street and somone will shout u f*%kin emo , I find this offenceive as i hate emo and all they stand for they say there nonconformist ( individule ) but they all look the same.

Thats not an emo, thats just a generic "scene kid" like has been discribed numerous times in this thread....

U cant say ur a goth and say u dispise emo's when u clearly dont see to grasp what an "emo" person is....even though the whole stereotyping is utter bullshit!

If people call u emo then they're clearly just as misguided, but you can expect that and it's only going to be worse with stupid bloody national articles like the one in the daily mail =/

M@

Firstly that has nothing to do with emo, thats called attention seeking. If you get offended by someone shouting " you f**king emo" at you then thats pretty weak.

Secondly how can you hate something you know NOTHING about. emotive hardcore is NOT about cutting yourself, and whining about your life.

Most people have a horribly limited idea of what emo is. How can so many people on here say how much they hate it when iam sure 99% of you have never heard it.

And people who say that it will die out, its not a phase it been around since the eighties.

Rites of spring, possibly the most heard of emo band formed in like 1984. their infulences still carry on in more modern emo bands.

Moss icon been about since the same sorta time, these bands all helped the "emo" movement for more modern Bands like:

City of caterpillar

Saetia

Pg.99

amanda woodward

louise cypher

Daitro

La Quite

Suis La Lune

etc etc

you dont know a single thing about emo because most of you are to naive to hear it because most people have the wrong view on what it is.its rather saddening that people have all these comments and views on "emo" when they dont know what it is..........

La Bear

Firstly that has nothing to do with emo, thats called attention seeking. If you get offended by someone shouting " you f**king emo" at you then thats pretty weak.

Secondly how can you hate something you know NOTHING about. emotive hardcore is NOT about cutting yourself, and whining about your life.

Most people have a horribly limited idea of what emo is. How can so many people on here say how much they hate it when iam sure 99% of you have never heard it.

And people who say that it will die out, its not a phase it been around since the eighties.

Rites of spring, possibly the most heard of emo band formed in like 1984. their infulences still carry on in more modern emo bands.

Moss icon been about since the same sorta time, these bands all helped the "emo" movement for more modern Bands like:

City of caterpillar

Saetia

Pg.99

amanda woodward

louise cypher

Daitro

La Quite

Suis La Lune

etc etc

you dont know a single thing about emo because most of you are to naive to hear it because most people have the wrong view on what it is.its rather saddening that people have all these comments and views on "emo" when they dont know what it is..........

La Bear

^^

Well bloody said.... maybe that will hush up all the whining kids now

Did you post the same comment on the daily mail website? You really should...

M@

City of caterpillar

Saetia

Pg.99

amanda woodward

louise cypher

Daitro

La Quite

Suis La Lune

etc etc

La Bear

Vell done Nicky boy, you show 'em.

I havent heard the mojority of those bands, only Pg.99 and Daitro I shall have to aqquire the rest.

this isnt a discussion, its a bunch of people moaning about something they dont know about

>_< You don't have to go generalising against everyone because you're feeling defensive.

In this thread there have been people I agree with, people I don't (namely the guy who my bro called an emo-slayer or something), and people I just plain didn't understand. I'm sure you're in a similar position! Doesn't sound good to just put yourself on a pedestal as the only guy who knows anything.

Surely emos (and by this I'm referring to people who listen to emo music) could have learnt to accept that not everyone knows exactly what is and isn't 'real emo'? To be honest most people who get onto this subject come across as snobbish and a bit childish.

>_< You don't have to go generalising against everyone because you're feeling defensive.

In this thread there have been people I agree with, people I don't (namely the guy who my bro called an emo-slayer or something), and people I just plain didn't understand. I'm sure you're in a similar position! Doesn't sound good to just put yourself on a pedestal as the only guy who knows anything.

Surely emos (and by this I'm referring to people who listen to emo music) could have learnt to accept that not everyone knows exactly what is and isn't 'real emo'? To be honest most people who get onto this subject come across as snobbish and a bit childish.

im not putting myself on a pedestal, so your telling me if someone was jabbering on about something you know about yet they have no idea on what they are on about, you wouldn`t correct them? thats rubbish. no-one actually cares if they know what emotive hardcore is, its the fact people go on about it when they dont know what it is that annoying.