Emo...

Si-man

I'm trying to think of a 'emo' who I havent seen have scars on their wrist.

Maybe these sothern 'emos' are of a harder style than others :S

Seriously though I know plenty and plenty of people in the 'emo' culture that have come into college or school or seen them out with marks all up their arms. Okay I guess this is a minority of people and I feel happy that they try to commit suicide because frankly if they are that stupid they dont deserve to be alive. If you like the 'emo' music and you aren't immature or attention seeking then good luck to you. (Y)

f**kING HELL IM SICK OF THIS emo bullshit people have not got a clue.

oh and

Isnt sam wheeler emo. if so hes the safest emo i know.

LMFAO HAHahahahahahahahahahahaha oh sammy boy hes got to see that.

Edited by mavic

I hear that Dan.

Its just getting old now.

People have heard this new Buzz word and now want to use it, all the time.

Seems to me they will call anyone who has anything black on the emo.

Get a clue or f**k off......

And Sam Wheeler, Emo??

Dont Make me Laugh. If Anything Hes Punk

you guys are getting emos mixed up with scene kids.

the people who are saying 'I know loads of emos and non of them self harm' are wrong. You don't know EMOS you know wannabes who dress like emos but like panic at the disco.

Emos are the people who write blogs about how much their life sucks and how much their mother is a whore, these are not the same as your mates who thought they looked good in tight pants.

Stop sticking up for those people, becasue scene kids are about the most self rightious, wannabe, posers i've ever met. On the whole they slag off everyone a lot more than they get put down, they deserve everything they get. They aren't 'nice' people, they certainly aren't 'genuine', most of them wouldn't die for their mates, or be willing to help complete strangers. All they care about is being 'random' and seeing who can cut off the circulation to their feet most effectivly.

They are the skaters who could never skate, they are the band mates who could never play, they suck at sport, they suck at school, in general they suck at everything except going to gigs and taking photos in the mirror.

Emo is a clique that stretches right back to the 80's. You're wannabe mates aren't emos.

Hahaha.......why has a newspaper done an article on that :turned: they need to find more stuff to write about. i dont personally care about how people dress or listen to or whatever, sometimes ill laugh at them but thats only the really bad ones.

you lot down south are reet weirdos :P

We dont really have any EMO people at all up here :S well, i havnt seen any!

Theres one lad, probably cause he still shits himself, which is kinda emo, kinda stinks though.

I was in the lanes in Carlise and there was a group of about 10, goths/emo! One lad looked about 12, had skinny fit jeans on and tarton shoes. and he looked really camp!

I hear that Dan.

Its just getting old now.

People have heard this new Buzz word and now want to use it, all the time.

Seems to me they will call anyone who has anything black on the emo.

Get a clue or f**k off......

And Sam Wheeler, Emo??

Dont Make me Laugh. If Anything Hes Punk

lol shhhhhhhhhhhh haha. Theres nothing to see here. LOL I dont know i thorught he was,. Why dont we set a trend lets go riding in suits all the time see if it catches on.

you guys are getting emos mixed up with scene kids.

the people who are saying 'I know loads of emos and non of them self harm' are wrong. You don't know EMOS you know wannabes who dress like emos but like panic at the disco.

Emos are the people who write blogs about how much their life sucks and how much their mother is a whore, these are not the same as your mates who thought they looked good in tight pants.

Stop sticking up for those people, becasue scene kids are about the most self rightious, wannabe, posers i've ever met. On the whole they slag off everyone a lot more than they get put down, they deserve everything they get. They aren't 'nice' people, they certainly aren't 'genuine', most of them wouldn't die for their mates, or be willing to help complete strangers. All they care about is being 'random' and seeing who can cut off the circulation to their feet most effectivly.

They are the skaters who could never skate, they are the band mates who could never play, they suck at sport, they suck at school, in general they suck at everything except going to gigs and taking photos in the mirror.

Emo is a clique that stretches right back to the 80's. You're wannabe mates aren't emos.

LMFAO I know, I dont get the whole skinny jeans thing....just look stupid to be honest. Its a fair point that the majority of people arent emo, just following the heard and being part of the "scene". The people you see who wander round with cuts on their arms and legs on display are the ones who do it not to hurt themselves but for the attention. Its become such a joke now, everybody seems to think its cool cos they've "self-harmed". The truth is though that the people that feel so down and unhappy with themselves dont brag about it or show people, they hide away sad and ashamed of it. Its done as a way out, a way of taking the pain away from other places or because they feel they deserve it - not cos some fookin blog on myspace mentions how everybody is doing it <_<

Its the stupid mouth "scene kids" who cause all the problems, the true "emo" is just appreciation of emotional music... stupid how things can get branded so easily <_<

M@

unfortunately, this article is just out to get a reaction from the "emo" kids. which it seems to be doing. Those of you that claim you are emo, or dress emo, are just playing up to a bit of banter.

thats how i see it, just banter between folk, and many of you 'emos' seem to get all "emotional" about it, getting annoyed about it, the only time i can see reason to get annoyed about it is if someone said similar to -

" I f**kING HATE ALL YOU EMO'S I WISH YOU WOULD ALL f**k OF AND DIE IN YOUR SLEEP AND GET OFF MY PLANET"

see that would be uber out of order, but generally i think you emo's get too emo by getting angry with young kids who say something.

meh

So who on here is 'Emo'? Erm, no-one, most people are just pointing out how bullshit this article is, not taking it as offence. :huh:

^^

Im not emo, I certainly wouldnt class myself as emo, and Im sure anybody who's met me wouldnt. I may listen to some "emo" music, but big deal, its about the music and always has been!

It may have been written to spark a reaction from the alternative community, but its a stupid way of doing it.

If an article like that, written about a religion or nationality, was written that poorly with so little background research, it would cause public uproar! Dont get me wrong, Im not trying to compare the emo/scene kid persuasion to a religion or nationality, it just concerns me how a writer for a national newpaper can write something like that and have absolutely no clue whatsoever about it :ermm:

I guess there's always going to be people who disagree with the way somebody acts, it doesnt help with people being childish and misinformed fueling the problem.

M@

I don't understand emo's, what is the point of looking sad all the time etc. It's nothing to do with what they wear for me it's how they act, take for instance me, i dress like a chav most of the time but i am not a chav at all, i listen to emo music and all that 'rocky' kind of thing but i still get classed as a chav on first impressions. I don't see whats so appealing about the colour black but i don't hate emos because they like to dress up like that. It's that they have such a crap view on life and hate everyone that doesn't that gets me.

lol im not fussed really. One day an emo will slit his rist for attention n slit it to far n die. Then no one will be emo i bet. I just dont like people who are idiots and imature like they are. I saw some in brum and 1 shouted look a pigion can i take it home and chased it i mean wtf. And then fake cried. There twats if anyone has ago i couldnt care less. There like chavs

I don't know any 'emo' kid who has slit their wrists for attention. This whole thing about slitting of wrists as attention seeking pisses me off, it's pretty damned far from the truth. You have to be in a pretty dark place mentally to think it's a good idea. It's also addictive behaviour, I know if you get into a habit of it it becomes something to do when you're bored, which is pretty horrible in retrospect.

Joe x

I sent them this comment:

hahaha, You have no idea what's what with the younger generation.

1. Green Day not Emo, have you even listened to their songs?

Their pop-punk, not emo.

2. There are plenty of people that dress in that fashion, listen to that kind of music, but they don't want to kill themselves, they don't self harm or anything that you've mentioned.

3. You're telling parents to not let their kids dress/be emo? What about being a chav?

Would you rather they didn't listen to any music, did nothing all the time, just sat around at home all day?

4. Did you even think of that? ^^

5. I listen to some 'emo' music, I don't wear black all the time, it gets too hot. I don't want to self harm, that's just silly. etc.

6. I have chocolate, you don't! Haha!

7. Gutted.

:P

yes but thats what alot of them do it for. so if the ywnat the attention that bad come to me ill sort them out

Actually what I'm getting at is that it's not attention-seeking behaviour. It happens that quite a lot of people who have felt shitty enough to go there deal with the shame attached to it by being quite open about it, I know I did. So, in other words, try some empathy on for size, and quit pretending like your some hard-man-emo-slayer, it's a pathetic and hollow statement.

Joe x