Ur Skillz/level Of Ridin Trials

Ben Beckett

all in inches

wat is the highest wheelie hop/tap u can do???? i can do 42 inches

shifty/pedal kick????? i can do bout 38

front to back/wheel swap????? i do bout 38

in feet

flat gap????????? me seven foot

down gap(height and length)????? me bout 6foot high 2 10 ft <<<<(its in the pic)

up gap??????????i ent measured it :(

sidehop?????i done 42 inches.

the point 2 these q's is 2 compare ourselves 2 each over!!!!!!!

cheers 4 takin part (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

ben B)

There is still much for me to do and learn as i have been riding for only three weeks now.

I already droped off of ten bricks.

Were as my flat to flat gap is now coming on to about only 3ft not much.

It was infact to day that i managed my first up gap equivalent to two crates.(expect for curbs)

I still got to learn how to side hop yet along with front to back wheel swaping.

In comparison i dont sound that good to you but im practicing and can do most of basics now.

By the way how long have you been riding now.

DARREN

What an utterly NMC topic. What's the point of comparing ourselves to each other? I guess that the majority of the people on this forum couldn't care less about how high somebody can tap/gap/drop or how fast they can eat a hamburger while watching a new video from Wales (or if they can eat it at all). More important is that they can type properly and don't have to use digits instead of words.

What an utterly NMC topic. What's the point of comparing ourselves to each other? I guess that the majority of the people on this forum couldn't care less about how high somebody can tap/gap/drop or how fast they can eat a hamburger while watching a new video from Wales (or if they can eat it at all). More important is that they can type properly and don't have to use digits instead of words.

Atleast its better than a "hey im new" or "what brake pads...".

He's just letting us know what he can do, not that much of a biggie is it (N)

all in inches

wat is the highest wheelie hop/tap u can do???? i can do 42 inches

shifty/pedal kick????? i can do bout 38

front to back/wheel swap????? i do bout 38

in feet

flat gap????????? me seven foot

down gap(height and length)????? me bout 6foot high 2 10 ft <<<<(its in the pic)

up gap??????????i ent measured it :(

sidehop?????i done 42 inches.

the point 2 these q's is 2 compare ourselves 2 each over!!!!!!!

cheers 4 takin part (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

ben B)

semms pretty cool.good stuff

QUOTE(Inur @ Aug 27 2006, 11:39 PM)

haha nice comment inur (Y):P

max...

I think it's rude to go asking each other how high, big, far they can ride. It can lead to dispute, confrontation etc.

You keep what you do to yourself because obviously your chuffed with your ability and nobody like's a big head, and nobody likes to feel inadequate. I think this thread is a bad idea :(

I would say im sorry if you disagree but im not.

:o sorry bout that guys, the reason i done it is 2 c how well i am doin cuz there isnt many riders near me n i wanted 2 no if i was doin average 4 how long i bin ridin. sorry bout that guys, the reason i done it is 2 c how well i am doin cuz there isnt many riders near me n i wanted 2 no if i was doin average 4 how long i bin ridin.

once again sorry fellers if i upset :$

ben

:o sorry bout that guys, the reason i done it is 2 c how well i am doin cuz there isnt many riders near me n i wanted 2 no if i was doin average 4 how long i bin ridin. sorry bout that guys, the reason i done it is 2 c how well i am doin cuz there isnt many riders near me n i wanted 2 no if i was doin average 4 how long i bin ridin.

ben

Take it you didnt read what I put up there...

Only thing letting it down matey is text language, other than that top notch (Y)

ben

i did...cheers buddy (Y):D(Y):D

ben

No you didn't...

Um, he means the "I wnt 2 no how gd u r" language - rather than what some people seem to be calling boasting.

Unless I read your post wrong and you didn't know wether you were supposed to talk like that or not :S

Either way - you're better than me at biking, so you can be chuffed with that ^_^ - and don't talk in textese, it's evil y'know :blink:

Hehehe

Flipp

Edited by Flipp

For me trials riding isn't really about how big/far you can do the things you can do. I get more enjoyment and inspiration out of learning new moves, combining them in different ways etc

But I don't think there's anything wrong with other people comparing their distances and whatnot, I don't think many people would really get nasty about it, I think we just accept that the longer you ride, the bigger you will get, up to a point.

In my opinion this is the one thing that is wrong with trials of recent.

People have become far too obsessed about how high they can go and if they can get that extra inch from tucking that tiny bit more. Yes i know it is a good feeling when you get your highest at a sidehop or tap etc, we all do, but sometimes it just seems people are getting too obsessed about it, rather than trying to ride smoother or more flowing or trying more technical moves, and testing your bike control over different terrain in a variety of ways.

I suppose it is good in a way to be able to compare yourself to someone else, but the best way to do that is go and ride a competition then the truth will tell, and you will be able to see how you compare to others.

I think if you get too obsessed about whats your highest sidehop or biggest gap, it will hinder your riding as you feel a pressure to to get that extra inch than someone else you know, instead of enjoying riding and being creative with the way you ride.

Maybe it is just me who feels like that, but i do think if people thought less about inches and more about creative lines and trying different approaches at things it would help. I'm not saying you should never push yourself or try to go bigger as you would never improve, but just don't let it be the only thing you ride for.

Like i say though maybe it's just me who thinks this :ermm: , and i'm just too old school at heart :P

People have become far too obsessed about how high they can go and if they can get that extra inch from tucking that tiny bit more. Yes i know it is a good feeling when you get your highest at a sidehop or tap etc, we all do, but sometimes it just seems people are getting too obsessed about it, rather than trying to ride smoother or more flowing or trying more technical moves, and testing your bike control over different terrain in a variety of ways.

I suppose it is good in a way to be able to compare yourself to someone else, but the best way to do that is go and ride a competition then the truth will tell, and you will be able to see how you compare to others.

I think if you get too obsessed about whats your highest sidehop or biggest gap, it will hinder your riding as you feel a pressure to to get that extra inch than someone else you know, instead of enjoying riding and being creative with the way you ride.

Maybe it is just me who feels like that, but i do think if people thought less about inches and more about creative lines and trying different approaches at things it would help. I'm not saying you should never push yourself or try to go bigger as you would never improve, but just don't let it be the only thing you ride for.

Like i say though maybe it's just me who thinks this :ermm: , and i'm just too old school at heart :P

the boys got it ryt (Y)

max...

somebody validate that mo fo (Y)

Edited by MikeCottTrials

No idea if that's really true but it sure made me laugh :lol:

Well i'm guessing in many cases it must be, if people can give inches on every recent move they can do, and in some cases i spose that is pretty worrying haha. :-

i can gap 11 foot, tap 7foot high on a mod. front wheel gap 12 foot and side hope 60inchs and rolling gap 150 feet :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i have only been riding 4 months which i think is pritty good im hoping to gap 13 feet soon :lol::lol::lol:

sorry but it had to be done. it is a bad topic in some ways because it can make people feel a shit rider if someone who has been riding the same amount of time as someone else isn't as good as them.

but i supose it is always nice to no how your doing as a rider by comparing your self to someone who has been riding the same amount of time.

but no one should give the lad stick who started the topic because he didn't no that so many people wouldn't like the topic and if you don't like the topic you just don't reply.