Help On Decision

marklim

Hi Guys,

Im extremely new to biketrial and i will be getting a mod bike to start out with. I will be getting a second hand trial bike. However, im caught in between 2 bikes. And i would really appreaciate if you guys could help me see which is a better bike as im not sure about parts for trial bikes.

1) Echo Bike

IPB Image

-Echo Frame & Fork.

-Try All Stem (Black).

-Try All Carbon Handlebar (Black).

-Try All Stiky Front Tyre.

-Try All Stiky Rear Tyre.

-Echo Bashguards.

-Echo Crank.

-Echo Rear Hub.

-Echo Front & Back Rim.

-Echo Brake Booster.

-Shimano Front Hub.

-Monty Grips.

-Magura Front & Rear Hydraulic Brakes.

2) Zoo Bike

IPB Image

Zoo! Python frame

- Brisa disc 20" fork

- HS-33 rear and disc front (Avid rotor)

- Monty cranks

- Zoo! stem and bar

- Pink pads

- VP pedals

- Monty Chain

- White Industry FreeWheel (72 engagement for specially trials)

- Monty front and Try-all rear tyre

- Monty hub + Alex rim rear wheel

Thanks Alot,

Mark

I would also say the Echo. It looks in good condition (better than the zoo), and i think it is a nicer looking frame in general.

The Echo would be a good first bike because having a disk when just starting trials is asking for trouble as you will end up catching it and bending the rotor. So using front and rear maguras would be a better idea. The Echo frames are strong as well so they will take the knocks and bangs.

The Zoo does come with an eno freewheel which is a good thing, but they do take looking after and maintaining to keep them running smooth, so you would have to be prepared for cleaning it out every so often.

Overall though i would say the Echo as it looks a better condition and it's a strong frame. In my opinion it isn't a good idea to get a disk when starting, so the Echo would be better as it comes with maguras. Also the Echo's geometry is nice and it's not too extreme so it will be easier to get started on. (Y)

whats the logic/pro and cons when you define a bike as

better to start on?

ok well the zoo python is quite a long bike generally so what happens if he is a short bike rider? he is stuck until he gets a new frame least with the echo being a bit smaller its more in the middle.

also id say starting of with a pair of maggies is better than a maggy n a disc incase u bend disc as said trying t learn new stuff.

Well both are good bikes.. Just maybe the zoo is too good for you?

Like.. The parts are good on the echo and should not need alot of maintaining.. (well just the basics)

But with the python the Eno Would need a regular service, and you'd have to be careful with the disk if you don't know what you're doing, and little things like that really..

Plus the Echo can really take a beating!

Jay

To sum up:

8 votes to Echo (9 including mine)

4 votes to Zoo.

I say Echo aswell because of most of the reasons about there...:

- Don't have to worry about bending disk,

- Stronger for the bails you're bound to get while learning,

- More medium length, so you're not totaly stuffed if you prefer short [but you don't know yet],

- Looks in better nick,

- (I don't know if it's got an inbuilt one, but) The Zoo! has no booster on the rear brake,

- Less maintenance, and finally,

- Loads of people these days have Zoo!'s, push the boat out, be adventurous and get the Echo; they've got a very good reputation too y'know! ^_^

My advice would be get the Echo - if you didn't pick up on that :P

Flipp

I would also say the Echo. It looks in good condition (better than the zoo), and i think it is a nicer looking frame in general.

The Echo would be a good first bike because having a disk when just starting trials is asking for trouble as you will end up catching it and bending the rotor. So using front and rear maguras would be a better idea. The Echo frames are strong as well so they will take the knocks and bangs.

The Zoo does come with an eno freewheel which is a good thing, but they do take looking after and maintaining to keep them running smooth, so you would have to be prepared for cleaning it out every so often.

Overall though i would say the Echo as it looks a better condition and it's a strong frame. In my opinion it isn't a good idea to get a disk when starting, so the Echo would be better as it comes with maguras. Also the Echo's geometry is nice and it's not too extreme so it will be easier to get started on. (Y)

Theres nothing wrong with having a dick upfront when starting or whenever, back is abit dodgey but front disk if fine and my vote goes for the zoo better spec.

Edited by bhups

hi guys,

i've compiled the results together with what i've posted on other

forums and the results are,

echo --> 13 votes

zoo ---> 8 votes

meanwhile, kindly keep the comments going on as i've not yet

decided on which bike to go with.

lastly, thanks alot guys. u guys have helped me alot.

rgds,

mark :)