Hs11 Or Hs33

Saracen Kid

The callipers are exactly the same as the hs33.

Yup, i've got them on my ashton. Did it as a bodge job about a year ago, just remembered about it, so you can't notice any difference braking wise except you don't have a tpa as said.

Really ought to change it now i remembered. :ermm:

I'm currently running both rear 33 on the back and a front 11 due to front 33 being shaged. Iv found the hs33 is a better break but i have also found that running the 11 on the front has helped because it is not as powerful you do not get as spongy a lever as if you where running a 33. In a front break you are not always wanting a on off break i prefer a bit of modulation with i get with the 11 and some cool stop pads but the bite when needed. I will how ever be running my front 33 as soon as i can fix the seized tpa and a rounded bleed bolt. Just because the levers feel nicer and you get the added comfort of the tpa.

Hope this helped

Joe

My friend had HS11's and they are poo :o

When you pull the lever too hard the lever body snaps at the pivot screw bit and the blade just falls off. (N)

The only good thing about them is that they are pretty cheap. (although they are still a waste of money imo)

No doubt HS33's are the best (Y)

the hs33 has a smaller piston and that makes it more power full from what i understand 25% more powerfull other than that its just the TPA and the sketchy plastic bodys. RB is the way though...better TPA more powerful nicer feel and lets be honest they look the sex hard to set up though but its worth it. truly is

ben

Same here...

There the same as the 05 maggys arn't they? 05 maggys suck, 06 maggys suck, and unless they change the design 07 maggys will suck.

In what way do the new maggies suck? Everyone keeps saying this but I never really have problems with mine.

Bob

• 1 month later...

the new lever on the hs33 might be kinda crap, but if you order one direct from magura, then you can choose which lever style you want, whether you want the old style or the new style, or last time i checked you could anyway!

HS11 - Plastic lever, and body. If i'm not mistaken.

Less power then the HS33 from what i've felt of them. Not as nice feeling on the lever. Feels spongier, and just horrible really.

Not a TPA like the HS33's, as said before, they have an allen key bolt to adjust lever pull.

The calipers (bits the pads are on) are the same on each brake. It's only the levers that are different on the two models. So whoever it was talking about needing new ones because of the 'bodge' job, no need to change.

You'll be replacing the exact same thing. ;)

HS33 04 - Again, same calipers, different lever. In my opinion (and many others ;) ) the 04 levers feel much nicer compared to the 05+ ones. The TPA's brake, but there's a simple bodge, that I have successfully used.

The lever blade feels nicer on the fingers, they feel 'rounder' than the 05 levers.

HS33 05 - As above. But a different lever. The TPA on these is in the lever blade (sorta :blink: ) than sitting on top like the 04s. I've seen a few people brake the clamps on the lever bodies, which isn't good.

On the plus side, Deng's got a load of colourful lever blades for these. :P

Umm..hope that answers any questions you may have on those..