New Team Mad 07

liam-pantera

As people have said mad are not with saracen, i think they may have/had some issue with the stickers... saracen still have some of the 05 modles with the mad brand on them and they cant do anything about that so i guess thats why you still see some of the saracen trials frames with mad on them..

i have actually seen mads frame design on one a4 bit of paper with all the design mesuments e.t.c i think they are most likly still working on tweeking them for the best angles.e.t.c as they want it a good alround bike for all levels.

To be honest tom i dont see why you should have an opinion as u havnt rode it / seen it the only bike u think is nice is your t lite wich u complain about all the time with little stuff like ohhh the cranks are creaking.

it has a nice spec but its still gash the end .

OOH throwin insults around i derserve as much opinion as anyone on this forum after all thats what it is a forum and i preferably dont want my bike to be making horrible sounds that put me off when im trying to ride after all i havnt got a common as owt python nothing against them to anyone else but i dont think its fair to be insulting people and their problems with cranks but after all " fighting on the internet it like running the special olympics...even if you win your still retarded" and by the looks of that pic i dont think you wer doing alot of riding on that bike (room)

And i am retarded (N)

Sorry for the neg attitude :(

sarcen went bust, enough said

Kinda had it coming didn't they

no offence to anyone but they just keep making useless products that disapoint the customer. I mean, who specks a sun ditch as the rear rim on a £1250 trials bike? I mean there good rims, I just ordered one for the front of my 24", but come on.

Also regarding truvative cranks, there great cranks, but the problem is that they use a 4 arm spider, so you can't go any smaller than a 22t on the front, whick isnt anywhere near as practical as other things you could spec on a £1250 trials bike. Could easily of whacked on a cheep mech/shifter and put on a really nice crankset and rear wheel.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

As many have already said, there is no Saracen Mad 07. MAD are no longer with saracen as they've gone into recievership. MAD will be riding the new "PHASE" for 07 and I'm very excited to recieve mine.

As we now longer have any ties with Saracen I can give a 100% unbiased opinion of them. I think for the price, there is very little on the market that can beat it, or even match it for that matter. We've been given free reign at the minute and have the choice of what we ride whist we wait for the new Phase. I kept my saracen, and im still riding it today. I'm aware that there have been some strength issues with the earlier frames but the frame I'm currently riding is the exact one I recieved at NASS 05 and its had far from an easy life.

So, to sum it up - They're good frames, but this bike has been out for a long while and by no means is it a MAD 07.

The Phase will be released very soon. Expect pictures as soon as I get mine.

Andy P

Also regarding truvative cranks, there great cranks, but the problem is that they use a 4 arm spider, so you can't go any smaller than a 22t on the front, whick isnt anywhere near as practical as other things you could spec on a £1250 trials bike. Could easily of whacked on a cheep mech/shifter and put on a really nice crankset and rear wheel.

Exactly. Hussefelts aren't that great, which is probably why no-one here really runs them? They're just not particularly good cranks, and if you're blowing over a grand on a bike, you'd expect a decent crankset, good back wheel, sound frame + forks, and so on. Even the finishing kit looks a bit wanky? Those pedals don't look great (unless they're the Holzfellers but have just come out shit, but either way, why not just blow £5 trade or whatever it'd be for some VP double cages? Leaves you more money for stuff which matters...).

They just aren't really going to sell any of them. The only reason people bought Saracens ever was that they were a cheap entry into the sport - Saracen aim all their bikes at beginners at any discipline pretty much. From our shop, it also generally relies on the parents buying the bike for their kids, and no-one's going to lay over £1K on a bike unless they know they like the sport, and if they know they like the sport they probably have some product knowledge and they'd know that spec and bike in general was shit.

• 2 months later...

Bit of a bump and sorry if anyones already posted this, but im quite tired and i cant be bothered to search, but i just checked out evans cycles and i found some new saracen trials bikes?

http://www.evanscycles.com/dept.jsp?dept_i...subdept_id=4092

The saracen Flea bikes are the ones i noticed? Whats going on with them?

Exactly. Hussefelts aren't that great, which is probably why no-one here really runs them? They're just not particularly good cranks

I have been running Truvativ Hussefelts for 1 and a half years on the same Truvativ bottom bracket and its still perfectly fine, just a mashed up crank arm and bashgaurd from getting up walls. There is nothing wrong with them at all and for £50 i think they are pretty good value for money.

What the?? They made the 24" seatless but two of the 26" bikes have seats?? And again, the 24" has gears, while a 26" is singlespeed? If the Flea 3 had the Flea 1 frame but 24" and singlespeed they'd have had a really sweet bike.

Gotta say, That Flea 1 for £250! hell yeah, best thing I've ever seen saracen pull off!

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...