24" Rim+tyre Recommendations

Frenchman

Well i'm halfway through building up my 24" rig and its time to start thinking of rim + tyre combos.

I'm really keen on the tioda dh rims, they're not too heavy either. Was just wondering if they're any good.

i know there is the option of the rhyno lites aswell.

Whats everyone running tyre wise. For street use mainly. I'm looking at tioga comp x's or dmr moto diggers.

Any help/ recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the middle of building my 24", Just weighting for my Iolo frame :D .

I've just got an Alex DX32 (well a Planet X BMF) for the rear, and a rhino Light for the front, and a Tioga Factory DH 2.3 rear tyre, and Tioga Blue Dragon 2.1 for the front. I'm hoping its all gunna be good, Tyres were just a case of what I could get hold of that seem'd good. Rims wise I know the Alex is good because I've used a couple of em in 26", and the rhino light is really highly recomended.

Well i'm halfway through building up my 24" rig and its time to start thinking of rim + tyre combos.

I'm really keen on the tioda dh rims, they're not too heavy either. Was just wondering if they're any good.

i know there is the option of the rhyno lites aswell.

Whats everyone running tyre wise. For street use mainly. I'm looking at tioga comp x's or dmr moto diggers.

Any help/ recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

You know that I'm going to recommend the Tioga DH rims, but if not then a set of Rhyno Lites would do the job nicely bud.

Oh, and don't worry about the Tiogas being "disc-only" either, it's a load of carp... :-

As for tyres, I'm running those Moto Diggers still and apart from the sidewall being thin like we spoke about they are lovely for street, although if you were going to take it on the natty from time to time (hmm...) then perhaps Tioga or Maxxis would be a better option

You can’t go wrong with any of the following rims and they are all fairly similar too

Tioga DH

Ryhno Lite XL

Alex DM24

tioga comp x or maxxis holy roller tyres

I use the Holyroller because it’s a bit bigger than the comp x, which is a bit better for trialsy stuff (and it perfectly fine for natty, except in mega wet or muddy conditions).

just to add some confusion, check out spank rims (wiggle do them).

They aint cheap, but I got mine today and I am well impressed! 40mm wide, 720g, possibly the siffest rim out, nice hard alloy, deep profile so no flat spots and they come in 24"

I'm running Ryhno Lites with DMR Motos

Alot of people have said bad things about motos in the wet, I've never had a problem with mine. Plenty of grip for street but you would probably need something more knobby for oh'naturel.

Rhyno lites are really good rims, mines still true after the build. No dents as yet.