Counter Strike Source!

Mr_Pitbull

I can't be as sad as you because i don't play it anymore! - I'd rather ride than watch tele or do uni work, and i bet i'd still pwn yo ass on it 1 on 1!

Playing the game is fine, getting a server is accpetable if your into it, getting a team website is quite geeky. It was the whole "we used to train delay" bit i meant was sad.

Edited by Krisboats

I used to play BF2 way too much, was in a semi-serious clan aswell, but I sucked so much at it I quit. Only thing I was good at was flying, and I wasn't great with the bombs.

I prefere CSS because it's much faster paced.

1.6 still has its merits, but source has superior graphics AND audio. Theres more players, and 1.6 just feels like an old game, where as source feels much more realistic. Yeah people may say theres differences with aiming and stuff like that, might even add the whole random headshots myth in for either game but then thats just an excuse to try and win a losing battle.

Only issues with the counter strike games are the latency and games mathematical position and update engine. But then this issue is true for all online shooters and is something we all have to live with.

The only actual differences are, theres loads of cheaters on 1.6, the graphics/sound is inferior, source has ragdoll physics (again helping to make it more realistic) and theres more players in source.

Things that are negligable are things like the abilities of players on a particular game, the mods and the maps.... as if you look in the right places you'll find good ones on both.

Only reason to play 1.6 is for competitions. That's why no pros play source.

CSS has major problems with lag, and how the server makes up for this lag, known as interpolation, between the hit boxes, and the character model.

See here for a demonstration.

On public servers, it's really just a case of knowing when/where to shoot.

I used to play 1.6, allthough no-where enar as much as Source, and I can't say I'm keen to go back to it.

• 4 months later...

i play some times im not very good i play more 1.6 than source as my pc sucks and lags a bit on css even with the graphics qualities as low as it will go i still only get like 50fps where as i get around 80 in 1.6.

The whole 1.6 source things should be sorted if the Americans ever get cs pro mod sorted out.

Add me jimyjoe@hotmail.co.uk

joe