Post Your Favourite Car.

Alan

It wouldn't beat that Pulsar, no. That particular one is running just shy of 500bhp. Standard Pulsars (220bhp, roughly 4 grand) hit 60 in 5.5, 300/310bhp sees you 3.9.

Are the 220's AWD?

Would be interesting to compare a similar engined VX220 turbo tuned to 500bhp too...

Especially considering for around £3-4k you can very easily tune one to 300bhp (which gives you 0-60 times of around 4 seconds, maybe less)

But its not all about drag races from the lights and stuff, point to point through a good strip of welsh highway is far more enjoyable (Y)

VX220 are mid-engined rwd and are one of the best handling cars money can buy, so for its purposes doesnt need the weight and power loss of an AWD system.

I think we should settle on taste differences and different preferences on what we want from our cars!

Obviously some peoples opinions are more right than others :shifty:

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Ur joking right...? :lol:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Either of those are my next car when back from Australia next april/may. Much as I love the 306, will be going before I travel then one of those 2 are going to replace when back :D

Civic Type-R's are a lil pricey, but Im thinkin it'll b worth it!

M@

Edited by MadChikken

VX220 turbo... 0-60 in 4.6 seconds... easily tunaeble to 300bhp... id say that was faster than that Pulsar, no?

Even the VX220 NA would leave a standard Pulsar for dead point to point...

And just cos the VX220 isnt shaped like a childs drawing of a car (read: a box) doesnt make it a girls car...

And lastly, the price difference between Exige and VX220 is huge second hand... and we are talking about cars we are actually going to be buying here are we not?

Personally, I think the VX looks gorgeous and the Pulsar looks like a dogs dinner, but it is only opinion after all (Y)

lets be honest, its a vauxhall at the end of the day, they are just ugly elises in my opinion, and having been in plenty a pulsar and driven one with 300 bhp not many things will touch them off the mark. and for cross country pace it would piss all over a vx220. personally id love an old skool ford to play with, mark 2 rs2000 or mexico please! or one of my fav's right now fiesta rs turbo...mmmmmm

After weighing up some pro's and con's I think I'd rather have one of these:

IPB Image

Mazda 323 GT-R;

- 1.8 turbo

- Forged internals as standard

- AWD

- More potential for greater BHP

Only problems being they're more expensive and parts are hard to come by.

I dont understand why everyone loves the newer civic type R, the ek9 is so much nicer and its faster.

the new type R isnt even very quick, I know a few people that have bought them and been v disapointed.

I'd take the ek9 anyday..

I dont understand why everyone loves the newer civic type R, the ek9 is so much nicer and its faster.

the new type R isnt even very quick, I know a few people that have bought them and been v disapointed.

I'd take the ek9 anyday..

Me too mate, the EK9 is 160bhp standard right? For a 1.6 that's really rather impressive. Plus they're gorgeous too.

Me too mate, the EK9 is 160bhp standard right? For a 1.6 that's really rather impressive. Plus they're gorgeous too.

But the newer type-r is a 2.0l and has 197bhp... So thats perfectly comparrable to the 1.6 with 160 brake, so thats kinda silly argument!

From everything Ive read of the newer ones, they handle like a dream and the 6spd 'boxes are flawless :)

The EK9 actually had almost 190bhp from a stupidly tuned 1.6, the EK4 like the one I own is the 160bhp 1.6, both weighing in at just over a tonne. And the looks imo cannot be beaten.

But the newer type-r is a 2.0l and has 197bhp... So thats perfectly comparrable to the 1.6 with 160 brake, so thats kinda silly argument!

From everything Ive read of the newer ones, they handle like a dream and the 6spd 'boxes are flawless smile.gif

Yes they have more horsepower but also weigh close to 1400kg!!! That means that my EK4 can easily keep up to about 70mph then the extra torque and lower gearing let the EP3 disappear. The new ones do handle well but the electric steering takes away all of the feel and you don't feel part of the car when you drive it, which imo defeats the point of a hot hatch. On a back road blast there's very little between my car and a new Type R but one of the old ones would annihilate both.

Oh, and as for my favourite buyable car, either a TVR T350 or Chimaera - i've promised myself one for before i'm 30

IPB Image

or

IPB Image

Edited by djb

lets be honest, its a vauxhall at the end of the day, they are just ugly elises in my opinion, and having been in plenty a pulsar and driven one with 300 bhp not many things will touch them off the mark. and for cross country pace it would piss all over a vx220.

Whats your point? A pulsar is just a Nissan and is far far far uglier than a vx220, which in MY opinion, is gorgeous.

Do you REALLY think that two cars, one known as THE best road car chassis for handling short of a caterham, running similar power/torque figures, one lighter than the other, you think the heavier, less nimble car would win point to point? In which case, why does Nissan no longer make such cars? And why do Lotus continue building track focused cars like the exige/vx220 turbo?

Oh yeah, theyre wrong; and youre right <_<

Edited by andyroo

Haha, Love it, my sister just brought a new Civic type R and the day after I come on here and you lot are slating them, Quality (Y) An I dont see why half of you are slagging them off, I would like to see you go out and buy any of the car your putting them down to.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

160 bhp, twin cam twin webber monster! 30 mph - 50 mph in 1.7 seconds. Rediculous.

From everything Ive read of the newer ones, they handle like a dream and the 6spd 'boxes are flawless :)

I wasn't arguing about anything.

In which case, why does Nissan no longer make such cars? And why do Lotus continue building track focused cars like the exige/vx220 turbo?

Oh yeah, theyre wrong; and youre right <_<

So they could enter it into Rallies.

T-MAGura - you forgot the nicest astra van - 274bhp ZLET'd van -

[-img]

I'd probably go for something like a well specced vauxhall or ford, but audis are a bit nice if my wages will ever allow it!

I think I'm in love with that van! I want something like that. It's amazing.

Anyone know the spec on something like that? How much does a nice looking van cost for that, and insurance?