New Hope Brakes..

Davetrials

Chain reaction are showing them, but no description, no picture, and no stock.

They are listing a Hope Mono Mini Moto, Hope Moto M6, Hope Moto V2.

Interesting that they are already being supplied as OEM fit.

Do you know which model it was you saw? whats the new lever like? did it have the vented rotor?

Looks like there replacing the mono range, bringing out a new lever, and the M4 is replaced with the V2- which is the proto thats been shown. Available with vented rotor.

New Lever:

IPB Image

Proto V2:

IPB Image

Due to be launched officially in October at ‘The Cycle Show’ in London, ‘Eurobike’ in Germany and ‘Interbike’- the new (as yet un-named) ‘Freeride’ brake has been causing a lot of interest.

A 2 piston caliper with a totally new redesigned lever, bite point control for lever feel and rotor options - including our new patented ‘Vented’ rotor. Most journo’s and riders seem to be interested in what the ‘vented’ rotor was all about - what we can tell you is that it stays 15% cooler than a standard rotor.

Combine this with the big 2 piston design, burly looks and a new colour finish (not the ‘toilet block’ yellow as seen previously on the web - it will be a steel blue colour) and your looking at perhaps the hottest brake of the year.

Don’t ring now and order! Some specs are still being finalised and production won’t start until then - but we will be ready for ordering in November. The brake won’t replace anything in the range, but will sit between a MM4 and a Mono 6. It will be Post mount caliper only, working with the bracket system - and only on 203mm rotors.

This could be the most powerful brake you’ve ever used.

Thats what it still says on the Hope web site, ive made an assumtion that the brake in the picture has now been called a V2 judging by whats listed on CRC.

Edited by nmt_oli

Ive also got a prototype Mono Trial with the new mini lever. So far its ace, the new lever is alot comfier than the old one as the lever blade is more round and just very well designed. The new looks of the brake are very very pimp indeed.

Adam and Dave at TartyBikes also have the same brakes but a couple of them have the new Moto lever.

Ive also got a prototype Mono Trial with the new mini lever. So far its ace, the new lever is alot comfier than the old one as the lever blade is more round and just very well designed. The new looks of the brake are very very pimp indeed.

Adam and Dave at TartyBikes also have the same brakes but a couple of them have the new Moto lever.

Is there a chance of any piccys? or is that not allowed?

By your post, you seem to be saying there are two new levers, is this correct? if so which is the one i have shown, and what are the differences between them and compared to the old mini lever?

Some in stock now on crc.

The mini moto appears to be in stock, but the others don't.

Edited by nmt_oli

Most journo's and riders seem to be interested in what the 'vented' rotor was all about - what we can tell you is that it stays 15% cooler than a standard rotor.

Combine this with the big 2 piston design, burly looks and a new colour finish (not the 'toilet block' yellow as seen previously on the web - it will be a steel blue colour) and your looking at perhaps the hottest brake of the year.

So is that hot or cool, I'm confused now :P

Some more pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

motos.... be they closed? looks like you get a tpa style thing.

oh my god!!!1111 just seen the vented rotor design. Now I dont particulary want to sound like some person we know well in this forum, but I had that idea years ago and tried to get USE to make one! Hope you motherhubbards, I've lost my chance to make millions now. :angry:

motos.... be they closed? looks like you get a tpa style thing.

oh my god!!!1111 just seen the vented rotor design. Now I dont particulary want to sound like some person we know well in this forum, but I had that idea years ago and tried to get USE to make one! Hope you motherhubbards, I've lost my chance to make millions now. :angry:

They are still an open system (has a resivoir on the lever)

Supposedly (i have heard) they are coming up with a new closed system for trials but nothing confirmed.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Awesome brakes

x x hope x x