These Deng Rear Hubs

TheMunn

I think we all know they've been out for a little while now, I just wondered if anyone has been buying them up and if they are any good.

They have pretty much the same internals as profile/hope hubs with the same engagement etc.

So...are they any good ? Anyone broke one ? etc.

Comment away... :turned:

I think we all know they've been out for a little while now, I just wondered if anyone has been buying them up and if they are any good.

They have pretty much the same internals as profile/hope hubs with the same engagement etc.

So...are they any good ? Anyone broke one ? etc.

Comment away... :turned:

From what i have heard, They are better than a profile.

I am afraid thats all i know.

Dan.

According to the guys at Tarty, they're basically Profile hubs but with quality bearings throughout. I know Tarty sell them so they're going to be a bit biased, but having read some of the reviews Ad and Dave have put up on here, they're still pretty genuine and honest about stuff, so I'd have thought these hubs would've been OK...?

Damon got a GU one a couple of weeks ago and it lasted about 3 hours i think, and from the looks of it the thing was had just cracked straight across the shell and most of the engagements where nackered so he only had about 2 working engagements :S but nigel@hull_trials on here has had one for the same amount of time and all appears to be well except all i have to say is gu hub and hes shit scared :lol:

I'm sure there quite good, but I am put off by the fact that there sold under so many different names, but are all basicly the same hub. But hey, thats deng for you.

Edit: its also kinda cheep the way that the stock hubs just have wider axel spacers rather than a wider body, I mean it cocks up the chainline, doesn't provide as wide base for the spokes and gives an unsupported length of axel at each end, just because they didnt want to make another hub body, there all CNC'd anyway, all it would mean in changing a few measurments on a parametric modeler.

Sorry, they seem to be good products for a mod, its just on a stock I think its stupid not to just spend the extra £15 on a hope.

(sorry, spell check doesnt work at college and I'm a dyslexic little tard.)

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

Ive heard that there wank

Towler@scotland on here says his is never done but skipping and such like

Also heard that Ben Travis has had trouble with his

mine has been fine thankyou.....its good alround and its no different in engagements to the hopehub.

i havent had any problems whatsoever.

towler has had a few skips, but he never cleans his bike or his hub, so im going to take a look at it. i guarantee it will be gritty and shit inside.

so to clear that up MINE HAS BEEN FINE thanks,

mine has been fine thankyou.....its good alround and its no different in engagements to the hopehub.

i havent had any problems whatsoever.

towler has had a few skips, but he never cleans his bike or his hub, so im going to take a look at it. i guarantee it will be gritty and shit inside.

so to clear that up MINE HAS BEEN FINE thanks,

Sorry, was greg that told me yours had been crap

Hey i was also looking at one of these.

Only thing i thought of will you easily be able to get spares for them.

Because if i had a profile i could get the spares but can Deng supply the spares?

Cheers

EDIT: Spook to soon had a look on tarty and you can get spares.

Edited by RealRiding

Edit: its also kinda cheep the way that the stock hubs just have wider axel spacers rather than a wider body, I mean it cocks up the chainline, doesn't provide as wide base for the spokes and gives an unsupported length of axel at each end, just because they didnt want to make another hub body, there all CNC'd anyway, all it would mean in changing a few measurments on a parametric modeler.

The king bmx hub and the king classic both have the same hub shell :ermm:

Edited by medwaytrials

The king bmx hub and the king classic both have the same hub shell :ermm:

Yeah, but that's because the classic is a geared hub, so needs a narrower body to accommodate the wider cassette, and because of that the axle is supported just as well, and the flanges are as wide as they can be, but with the Deng hubs because of them both being single-speed, it would be more appropriate to compare a Chris King BMX and a Chris King Single-speed hub, rather than the classic, and these two hubs have different width body's.

Yeah, but that's because the classic is a geared hub, so needs a narrower body to accommodate the wider cassette, and because of that the axle is supported just as well, and the flanges are as wide as they can be, but with the Deng hubs because of them both being single-speed, it would be more appropriate to compare a Chris King BMX and a Chris King Single-speed hub, rather than the classic, and these two hubs have different width body's.

I got owned :mellow:

Damon went through about 3/4 a few months back. I don't know if they have changed the design since, or not. But, even if they have i wouldn't trust one. I would just go for a Profile (Y) ; sure, some peoples may have buggered but no way near as many as the Deng hubs...

Cheers,

Joe.