Weight Training... Thread Number 2...

downhill_rob2@hotmail.com

Hey people, its been over a year since the last weight training post was alive, so i thought i would restart a fresh one and see what peoples stats are to date...

Com'on people, get yo' stats up on here n lets see if you have improved!

When i say stats, i mean,

Body weight

size?

Weights lifting now on all the machines...

okay, was big into me training over the summer, but let it slip an got big into me drinkin, but now trying to get back into it. current stats sit at.

225lbs (hopin to be back down to 215 by new year, then 205 by the end of jan. or stay the same but lose the fat)

18% body fat (was 14% in august, and rose to 23% mid to late october)

6"5

37inch waist, unsure on the rest.

current weights after having 3 months off, and being back on for the last 2 weeks.

Bench press : 130lb (freeweights, and it suck i know)

EZ bar bicep curls : 55lb(freeweights,not includin EZ bar)

individual dumb bar curls : 32lb(freeweights)

pectoral fly : 84kg(machine)

leg press: 180kg+++( machine goes up to 168kg,can add 30lb of weight to it, still push 20 reps out-go thunder thighs)

note all weights, except leg press are for 10-12 set reps. trying to lay off the legs, let the upper body catch up.

Edited by trials_punk182

Not much changed with me really added 5kg on to my body weight lean so presumably muscle. Deadlift is up to 130, thats for 6 reps x 4 sets.

Squat 102.5 for 3 reps x 10 sets none of this down to parallel shit i go down till my arse is hitting my heels. Pisses me off when peopel say they can do more and only drop a inch.

Bench doing 70 6 reps x 4 sets.

Those are my compound exercises. The rest is just normal shit, but i dont ever touch machines, useless f**ks.

Oh yea my dips are going well. 8 reps x 3 sets body weight + 22.5kg dumbell. Monster

Currently doing chad waterburys: The waterbury method. Google it

Oh yea 5'8" 150lbs (light as f**k i kno) normal 32" waist is baggy lol ... Can eat what the f**k i want :)

Edited by Spacemunkee

Those dips are really impressive, nice one (Y)

Freeweights:

Bench: 12reps * 3 sets of 60

Arm curls: 12 reps * 3 sets of 42.5

thats all i really do freewiehgts, most of its on the mulitgym at school but you lads dont rate it. and 12 situps * 3 with 20kg on my stomach.

Those are my compound exercises. The rest is just normal shit, but i dont ever touch machines, useless f**ks.

same here, but has to be used on stuff like leg press.occasionally use the bench press with the bar in a guide with the ratchet thing on it, but thats purely due to going some nights and feeling like you want to push more than your comfortable with, and theres no one you know to spot you.

i dont get it though, no matter what i do, im useless on tricep based exercises. tricep dips,french tricep curls, bench press etc, all super low when compared to my bicep/pec strength.

same here, but has to be used on stuff like leg press.occasionally use the bench press with the bar in a guide with the ratchet thing on it, but thats purely due to going some nights and feeling like you want to push more than your comfortable with, and theres no one you know to spot you.

i dont get it though, no matter what i do, im useless on tricep based exercises. tricep dips,french tricep curls, bench press etc, all super low when compared to my bicep/pec strength.

My chest is by far my weakest. Dips are something you get used to really fast.. i was forced to use a 25kg the other day for 6reps 4sets and it just hurt too much on my shoulders. Gonna have to go down to 20kg i think due to the pains i get in my shoulders.

Same with chin ups, over summer i was doing them with 17.5kg added weight, now i struggle with any weight added. If you keep at them though you can load youself pretty fast.

Deadlift / Partial deadlift / Sumo Deadlift = best exercises ever invented .. nothing like trying to pick up the heaviest shit you can.

My chest is by far my weakest. Dips are something you get used to really fast.. i was forced to use a 25kg the other day for 6reps 4sets and it just hurt too much on my shoulders. Gonna have to go down to 20kg i think due to the pains i get in my shoulders.

Same with chin ups, over summer i was doing them with 17.5kg added weight, now i struggle with any weight added. If you keep at them though you can load youself pretty fast.

Deadlift / Partial deadlift / Sumo Deadlift = best exercises ever invented .. nothing like trying to pick up the heaviest shit you can.

Oh also ditch leg press and do squats!

Front squats and Back squats with full range of movement will get your legs huge.

Well, heres my stats recently...

Benchpress - 60kg 10 reps 3 sets

Squats - 120kg 6 reps 2 sets, then 130kg 5 reps (failure) 1 set

Shoulder press - 55kg 3 sets front and rear of head

Curling 20kg dumbells around 6-8 reps both arms, just depends on how many i can get lol

I really cant be arsd to write every single weight n reps ect... lol

Im weighin in at 12.3 stone now, diffrence from the original 10.3... lol

Body fat is alot higher than before, probs cause iv been bulking slightly.

iv gained ALOT of muscle since last time aswell...

Edited by terror-error

• 6 months later...

Bumpage...

Right as I'm sick of being 9stone just.. and playing rugby where I'm completely out classed weight wise I really want to put weight on.

I've got my routine sorted so I don't need to worry about that but I need help on my diet. The only way I see I'm going to get enough protein into me is if I start drinking/eating Protein shakes/ bars, So what would you recomend? I've had a look at the maximuscle range but the price you pay is insane considering you get about 10 days per tub if I'm correct. So what brand would you suggest I look at or could you give me some recipes of shakes you'd advise with out any protein powders so I can make them myself? :)

It's not that cheap and its not that pretty but its a lazy supplement Link

And it'll last a pretty long time being 3kg. It's obviously best to try and eat as much chicken, eggs and fish as possible but if you want a easy supplement then that'll do.

I've recently acquired some dumbells (only small weights, can't remember what they are off hand), so has anyone got any suggestions as to how best to go about using them? Apart from as fancy bookends, paperweights, doorstoppers, etc.?

I've recently acquired some dumbells (only small weights, can't remember what they are off hand), so has anyone got any suggestions as to how best to go about using them? Apart from as fancy bookends, paperweights, doorstoppers, etc.?

Curls, sit down, straighten your arm and then lift it until the dumbel is curled to your shoulder, then lower it, and repeat. Do it 10 times. then have a break for 2min then another 10 times. another break. then another 10 times (Y)

Edited by Gaz M

do most people find they can retain muscle quite esily with minnimal excercise?

at most i do a short drunken jog back from town once or twice a week lol, and pressups now and then, would like to build muscle around my lower abs and pectoral areas, what would you lot reccomend ? prefferably lifting my own body weight etc?

I've got my routine sorted so I don't need to worry about that but I need help on my diet. The only way I see I'm going to get enough protein into me is if I start drinking/eating Protein shakes/ bars, So what would you recomend? I've had a look at the maximuscle range but the price you pay is insane considering you get about 10 days per tub if I'm correct. So what brand would you suggest I look at or could you give me some recipes of shakes you'd advise with out any protein powders so I can make them myself? :)

I use http://www.myprotein.co.uk i get the chocolate whey and it tastes good and it's a lot cheaper than most places.

If you use this code MP25197 when buying you get 5% (or might be 10) on your first order.

i dont know what all the machines are but owell lol.

in my gym we have a thing you lean on and pull towards you ive do 3 reps of 10 on 90 kg.

pull downs usualy 50 plus but usually do the pull ups because its your own body weight,

bench press usualy 3 ses of 10 on 75 kg but 1 rep maxd 110

weigh about 12stone 3 5ft8 and body fat is 11% but should be 13

I dont care what anyone says, all of the protein shakes taste horrid. Tuna eggs and meat are the way forwards (Y)

Havent seen what i can do yet cos ive only just started again after an injury, but im almost 6 ft and 17% body fat and 13 st 4lbs.

Don't go to the gym so don't know what all these fancy things are. I'm 6'5", 36 waist, 16.5 stone (thin, not belly flab) and just have random weights lying around.

I can do 3 sets of 12 reps with 36kg on the dumbells, and can JUST lift the 55kg monster dumbell once with no reps and a lot of sturggling :lol:

Had a go with a benchpress at my mates house, ran out of weights for it at 65kg, then we went unbreakable (bruce willis film) stylee and stuck some paint cans and things on too, did pretty well with that, all i know is it was damn heavy.

I go jogging round the football field a couple of times with 35kg of weights in my backpack.

'Might' get round to joining a gym/getting actual weights someday soon.

Edited by Krisboats

Does all this working out affect your lot's riding much? Would it be worth buying some weights for at home and start working out off of the bike do you think?

It did with me yeah, kickstarted my rise from lazyness and i found i had more force to put behind my gaps and things. For some reason i suddenly had more TRA bouncyness too :S

No idea about bench press etc. But i was really surprised when i counted the weight on my dumbbells and im doing same as that 6 Foot '5, 16 stone geeza

Dumbbells are 22.5 kg each, (like 50 lbs) And i do 3 sets of 15 with them. About twice a week, Im not struggling no more like i did a while ago so im gonna buy some more soon and move up to 25kg cause ive ran out of weights.

I'm not really seriously into it cause i have a fair bit of muscle naturally, which is why i only do twice a week not sure about them affecting my riding to be honest, I just do them to make sure i don't get weaker.

I am 5'11 also, weigh 172 pounds :)

Edited by Gaz M