Where Do You Keep Your Bike?

yoyoyo

Really, i'm just curious where people keep their bikes.

I've heard of people who say they just leave their bike in a shed overnight, others that keep them in their rooms. And in this day and age there is an increasing amount of bikes that keep being reported stolen, although most are where people have just been careless and left it somewhere.

Just wondered how safe people think their bikes are. Personally i keep in a garage with two locks on the door and a mahoosive chain for all the bikes thats connected to the floor. Bit too much maybe, but it's well worth it.

In the Garage... but some times I've forgotten to put it back in there after a ride and left it out all nite, done that a few times :blink:

Lucky b*****d. I couldn't leave my Kona out for 30 seconds...

My bike/s(when I get another again) are kept in a shed on the side of the house with a proper door and lock and chained to a floor anchor. Since having another bike stolen me and my dad have talked about an alarm system to go in there too as some c**ts must know I have nice bikes and we're worried they might step it up from taking advantage of brief stupidity.

Thats a bit over the top aint it. Putting it in the house, fair enough, but locking it up aswell :S

Its not over the top, i don't want my bike stolen. If someone broke into my house (could happen fairly easily) atleast my bike isn't just there ready to be ridden off, as it is usually lnked to a couple of other bikes or a ladder or something else thats large, cumbersome and noisy to move, takes 2 minutes to put a lock on and it could save my bike.

Mine Lives under the stairs in the house, only because there's space and its less hassle than carrying it through the house to the shed.

My freeride bikes currently in the kitchen.

At least my freeride bike, but maybe both will go in the shed when I get around to fitting a better lock, there bloody secure in there, to steel then you'd have to jump a spiked 5 foot fence, then a plain 6 foot fence, then break past one normal barrel lock and one bolt and padlock, then take the bikes back over the fences as at least one of them always has a padlocked bolt.

In my kitchen with loads of bike bits. It's ok as long as I don't confuse cooking oil with brake fluid :D

Does anyone have any tips on keeping bikes secure while you travel. I have a hatchback car with a bike rack on the boot.

I'd love to take my freeride bike and my trials bike on trips but I just don't dare leave one on the rack while I ride the other.

(Y)

In the Garage... but some times I've forgotten to put it back in there after a ride and left it out all nite, done that a few times :blink:

same, Or i will forget to go and lock the garage, i leave it unlocked most of the day aswell. I have a big doggy guarding it usually though