What Is A Good Starter Trick?

the_source

Aup mate

The first thing to do is when you get your bike is get used to it and then try a do the tricks. but i would thirst start by do a track stand which you do by staying still on your bike and just move the bars to balance your self and then try and do a back hop by endowing and then bouncing on the back wheel, then when you are confident with back hopping put i kick in which will make your bike move forward, but don't worry if you carn't do it first time its is just practise and a lot of it.

hope this helps. sam

Edited by samo

Im goin to borrow a friends bike which i might buy on saturday and sunday. What would be a good move to learn as i am a beginner? cheers

First of why are you goin to buy it on saturday and sunday im sure you'l save money buying once ! :P

As for a starter move learn how to track stand! Start with the basic moves first!

i would just start doing bunny hops then try moving on to pedal kicks they are not to hard to learn it took me a day to learn them try all week end and by sunday you should be able to pedal kick up a curb.

the trick is kick the drive chain compres your self over the backwheel then realise all of your body that you have comresed forward whilst giving the drive chain a hard kick.

over people may do them diffrent like maybey endo into a backhop possition then compess and kick or just lean back compress and kic try diffrent ways ans see what you find more comfty.

hope i helped

dan

also spend a hour or so a day practising your strack stands dont spend all day though because they just get borring, they may be borring but they are you most important skill.

Edited by dan the trials man

Get practising the track-stand! Not only is it really useful as a foundation for your balance, but you are more likely to make real progress with it quicker than other moves. Getting good at that in a variety of situations will serve as a confidence boost as you work on other moves which take more perserverence like the back hop and pedal hop. Took me alot of time to manage pedal hopping, but I kept telling myself that I'd got the backhops dialled and the trackstand too so it was only a matter of sticking at it.

Types of trackstands to practise:

• Front wheel up slope (balancing back and forth using bike weight - pedal pressure)
  • Front wheel down slope (balancing back and forth using front brake to compress front tyre - pull back of bars)
Then you can extend the front wheel up a slope to resting the wheel on an obstacle!

Also, the Front wheel down a slope (using the tyre compression to boost you backwards) is the starting point for rolling backwards type moves :)

To keep things interesting why not try a whole mix of moves as well like bunny hopping, endoing (leading to rockwalking). There are plenty of moves to keep you from getting bored :)

Steve