Why Did You Start?

monty_pr

i got into trials riding about a year ago when i went to the london bike show, and instantly fell in love, did i just say love?? but anyway about a week later i bought an onza t-rex of ebay nice speak echo rear wheel fsa power pro cranks. since then i have spent just over a grand on it and about two weeks ago i bought and 03-04 echo control of ebay aswell and love them both i ride everyday!!!

my mate got me into trials.. he got his first koxx levelboss and i was like O.M.G. so i when and bought a old school t-pro (2002).. and i never got the hang of if so i stoped (N) :$

when i with my mate when he rides i allways feel like y cant i do tricks like that so i bought his spare zoo off of him and now im starting to get somewhere just no one lives near me :(

cheers chris

i think me and a few mates just started to p#ss around on some crappy old bmx bikes, we went to our local bmx track and then progressed to mountain bikes, from there it just ended up being trials we rode, as there were a few people doing it at the time. (a long time ago) also one of my mates looked like ashton and had a red heavy tools, with yellow componants just like ashtons bike on chainspting. we were convinsed it was him untill we later found out HA HA HA :lol::lol:, but it was just a progressive thing.

however i do wish i never gave up for 3 years, but back for good now :):)

snapped a frame jumping and decided to take up a safer sport

built a frame up but never really got into it then found out a mate i work with was into it an i said that i wana build a bike up (sed £600) an 2mins later he got a txt saying one of his mates bikes for sale so i bought it for 200 an in total ive spent 480 an now im getting onto stuff i never thought id be able to do

im goin riding in a bit!....

snapped a frame jumping and decided to take up a safer sport

built a frame up but never really got into it then found out a mate i work with was into it an i said that i wana build a bike up (sed £600) an 2mins later he got a txt saying one of his mates bikes for sale so i bought it for 200 an in total ive spent 480 an now im getting onto stuff i never thought id be able to do

im goin riding in a bit!....

I started my 'career' in Poland after watching Ryan's Leech 'Manifesto'. Heh, I remember how much work

I need to spend to do one pedal kick ;-) After some time I meet other trial riders in my city and than we

started riding together. Now I'm here (Surbiton) and I'm looking for someone who wants to ride :)

cos i couldn't go fast enough on my pogo stick:P

lol, nah just seen local riders, videos etc, and had always been into the more technical and balance side of mountainbiking, so decided to buy a wee onza tvee (a bit crappy by most rider's standards, but a few brake mods and it does me fine)

never looked back!

I started trials when my best mate sead do you want a go on my bike n so i did. fell off a couple of times then caried on riding it. I am soon to be purchasing a t-lite which should be good. i currentley have a t-vee. have got some nice stuff on it though like a rear pink rim and pinkl gussett slim jims pedals and magura etc ... so just though i would write a comment to say how i started trials :lol:

i have not started yet, but going to start verry soon. asap.

and why i'm going to start?... because this seems like a verry big challenge to me and i'm watching it allready for a long time but never concidered to do it myself... atm i'm so hopeless to get some money so i'm selling my xbox, alsmost xmas almost my birthday etc ^^.

was doing nothing for a long period of time, just sitting behind my computer half of the day..

saw this guy trialing in my city and i was pretty much amazed.

told my friends about it and we decided that we should all make a new start and pick a hobby, mine was biketrials.

enjoying it alot now :D

When I started, I used to watch the Hans Rey videos like Level Vibes and Monkey See, Monkey Do. What he did always seemed amazing, but it was trials instead of just trick riding like Jez Avery and Paul Hudson.

I started going out riding with a mountain bike club, and one of the things people would do would be to sidehop off things, and generally try trials moves on full on XC bikes with triple chainrings - you have to remember this was 94/95. I realised I became more interested in the mucking about doing tricks bit, than the four or five hour XC rides.

As I came to realise this, the Martins appeared in MBUK and suddenly trials wasn't just something Hans Rey did. The Martins were really responsible for me getting into trials in such a big way. I even remember in '98 at The Bike Show when it first moved to the NEC, talking to Martyn and asking how you get the bike on the back wheel from a trackstand. In fact, I've still got the photo I took of him then laying around somewhere...

Really from '95 onwards my 19" XC bike gained a bashring, flat pedals, heftier rims until I splashed out and built a trials bike from a 17" Specialized Rockhopper A1, and that's how I got started.

When I started, I used to watch the Hans Rey videos like Level Vibes and Monkey See, Monkey Do. What he did always seemed amazing, but it was trials instead of just trick riding like Jez Avery and Paul Hudson.

I started going out riding with a mountain bike club, and one of the things people would do would be to sidehop off things, and generally try trials moves on full on XC bikes with triple chainrings - you have to remember this was 94/95. I realised I became more interested in the mucking about doing tricks bit, than the four or five hour XC rides.

As I came to realise this, the Martins appeared in MBUK and suddenly trials wasn't just something Hans Rey did. The Martins were really responsible for me getting into trials in such a big way. I even remember in '98 at The Bike Show when it first moved to the NEC, talking to Martyn and asking how you get the bike on the back wheel from a trackstand. In fact, I've still got the photo I took of him then laying around somewhere...

Really from '95 onwards my 19" XC bike gained a bashring, flat pedals, heftier rims until I splashed out and built a trials bike from a 17" Specialized Rockhopper A1, and that's how I got started.

thanks you guys just woundering if hans rey still rides trials last time i saw a vid of him he was on a GT :blink: but still really good :D