What Did You Learn On?

trials boi 06

I was so desperate to do trials I tried to do it on my downhill bike (bad idea), so I purchased an old Pashley 26mhz. It was great to learn things on. Then I moved on to a Brisa b26d and that was great until it cracked. So now I'm riding a Koxx levelboss. I liked the Pashley because it was short and was like a proper street bike but just rigid. It was very easy to learn things on.

Edited by Andy J

i started on a monty 221 x lite, its still my bike right now but i don't ride that much any more. it's a lovely bike and i wouldn't want anything else. it's also vintage its over 10 years old lol and i still have the original front tyre and rims lol most of it is stock to be honest but she rides like a dream.

I started on a GT Avalanche

it made a crappy trials bike, it had an 18" frame, triple chainrings, flat 24" wide bar, cantilever brakes, 1.9" tyres. I did a year of comps on it though and came 3rd overall in novice at the tykes.

It was good for xc rides too.

after that I got a pashley

i started on a mission prodigy i loved it when i first got it but after a while it begain to anoy me as when i wanted to up grade the parts everything was over sized so if i wanted to get something new i would have to get a whole new bike so then i got my zona zip and i love that too.

Joel :D

A Saracen. Can't remmember the name of it but it cost £200 and i thought it was amazing. Upgraded to D521's front and back with Avid Arch Rival vee brakes.

I then bought a Monty x-alp.

Then finally a DDG shooter.

And a Monty X-Hydra.

Then i quit. And took up bmx.

Now i'm back 3 years later.

I first started on a saracen x-cell jump bike which i converted with rigid forks and onza bars etc. i didnt like this one bit because it must of had like -30mm bb drop i learnt on it so it was alright

I then brought a t-raptor that was a lot better to ride and learnt a lot on it but i kept snapping bottom brackets i got a bit annoyed in doing this so i know ride

a bionic its a copy of a t-rex or 04 pitbull this is a lot better it is quite long a 1085 and ive learnt so much on it

I first started trials properly on an onza t-pro which i had for around 7 months,

I then moved onto a onza t-master which i hated and only kept for about 3 months,

Then i gave 26" a try using a saracen mad but after 2 months i decided that mods are more my thing,

So i Brought a GU Typhoon mod which i have now had for around 2 months and she's a beauty :D

i started on a mission prodigy i loved it when i first got it but after a while it begain to anoy me as when i wanted to up grade the parts everything was over sized so if i wanted to get something new i would have to get a whole new bike so then i got my zona zip and i love that too.

Joel :D

MISSIONS YEAH thats what i started on as well and i even have a zona zip as well. :S

I started on a mission prodigy, i thought it was crap so then moved on to a onza t-mag, it was great to ride and the after having that for 2 years finally decided to get myself a propa bike a monty 221pr and it is the best thing i have ever rode!!!!!! :D:D:D

old skool merlin with hs33s an d521s and a 9 speed road block. was shit at trials, just wheelied about a lot. then 2 years later got a car and stopped riding for 2 years.

now im on a highly upgraded t-rex an now im gettin pretty good

I started on a t-bird and it was great for learning. Then i managed to pick up a cheap t-rex 03, and i used that until recently it was stolen. Now i'm getting a brand new t-rex spec 2 from the insurance and a bit of my own money :D

Can't wait until it gets here.

:lol: i had a sarecen x-ile.......with v-brakes which needed 2-3 fingers :lol: it was so funny to ride on, then i got a dmr trailstar, then a basebike ta26, and now my zoo!

i only really learnt how to wheelie with the brake on the x-ile, but kept falling off the back. and also learnt to do some sketchy 2 finger pedal hops.