What Is Better?

Big AC

ID say a grind because! 1. tar rubs of fast 2. dosent work in rain 3. pads wear down faster( i think) 3. somtimes your brakes lock, and you faceplant.

A grind gives as a good bite as tar, it dosent lock and you faceplant, it works in the rain, it dosent wear down as fast, the pads dont go so fast either(i think) and its less hastle, no need to keep rubing tar on, a grind lasts longer.

Grind. As you can use it in any weather, and its much more of a permanent fix.

Although if like me you don't want a grind, then carrying a little bit of tar can be nice, just so you can put a tiny bit on if your breaks having an off day and its dry. And some nice pads for a smooth rim (ie BT yellows) are essential.

what complete and utte monkey thinks that using tar wears down yuor pads faster then a grind!!! ahahahaha thats the funniest thing iv ever heard!!! ahhaha and by the way atr us absolute pants, get a nice sharp grind and some blue rock pads or cousts!! as good in dry as they are in wet :D

I use echo reds on smooth rim. No tar. They work great in the wet and dry.

I am not a fan of grinds because:

1) They eat the pads too fast. In my case I can't afford to keep replacing them.

2) The rim becomes weaker. After 8 or so grinds you'll end up having to get a new rim.

I am not a fan of tar because:

1) Wheel locks up randomly sometimes.

2) If it rains you're nackered! Tar is an oil based substance so when it gets wet you've got oil on your rim.

My opinion on it anyway.

Cheers, Josh.

ID say a grind because! 1. tar rubs of fast 2. dosent work in rain 3. pads wear down faster( i think) 3. somtimes your brakes lock, and you faceplant.

A grind gives as a good bite as tar, it dosent lock and you faceplant, it works in the rain, it dosent wear down as fast, the pads dont go so fast either(i think) and its less hastle, no need to keep rubing tar on, a grind lasts longer.

:lol::lol::lol: Grinds eat pads for dinner... i can't beleive you actually think that, though it seems the term "think" is applied too loosely. By the sounds of it you've never seen a grind before!

Hahahaha.... Nice

Of my experiance - Never had a grind on my own bike - but they are better than not having one.

Don't intend to get one as they put my wheel to too much fear :P

Grinds are better - but not for everyone I'd say. (Ontop of what all the others said)

A good grind can not be beaten (Y) . I won't wear out in five minutes like tar, it wont f**k your brake up in wet weather (which you need to consider this time of year). And, generally gives a much better braking performance.

Make sure you get good pads, though, or you might as well not have either a grind or tar. I recommend Plazmatic CRM's or Koxx Green's - both available from Tarty Bikes.

Hope this helps... :)

Cheers,

Joe.

what complete and utte monkey thinks that using tar wears down yuor pads faster then a grind!!! ahahahaha thats the funniest thing iv ever heard!!! ahhaha and by the way atr us absolute pants, get a nice sharp grind and some blue rock pads or cousts!! as good in dry as they are in wet :D

If you read my post after i said that i put (i think) so what utte monkey cant read, or spell?

:lol::lol::lol: Grinds eat pads for dinner... i can't beleive you actually think that, though it seems the term "think" is applied too loosely. By the sounds of it you've never seen a grind before!

I wrote (i think) unless you cannot read english im not sure what your problem, its just advice, you dont need to try and fault my words, adivce is better than no advice, i was just trying to help.

I feel sorry for you if someone making a mistake is the funniest thing you've ever heard, you must lead a very boring life. Oh and "Krisboats", don't be such a cock, he has seen a grind before, most riders here run one. Woopdy f**king doo if he thought tar wore out your pads quicker, people make mistakes all the time, you should learn that.

Edited by David20