Anyone Here Do Weights To Increase Performance?

John planet x

Hey people,

Just wondering who all here does weights to increase there perfomance. What sorta routines you do, what you can lift etc and have you found a huge difference in power?

Ive been doing weights since last easter but never done any leg weights, but recently started to see if i can get more power in my riding.

Having huge trouble gaining weight, but i dont wanna take supplements. Still 11 and half stone!

hopefully noones had this topic before!

pure bulk in trials is not what you need. a good stamina i find is better (specially if you do comps) but each to their own.

i only do weights basic stuff, just to keep my self kinda toned.....although not ridden or done weights in weeks. f**kING UNIVERSITY DISSERTATION

baaa

Hey,

Yeah, well I dont actually do weights but I try to do short bursts of workout. Like 40 pressups quick to tear up my arms, hopefully when they repair they'll be stronger and more used to doing quick bursts of exercise (for trials).

I also have mega trouble gaining weight, it just wont go on. I weigh about 10 stone, I'm 17 years old and just over 6 foot tall. Literally no fat on me. (N) Anyone got any ideas on how I can bulk it up? I try drinking milk (protein) and eating chicken just because apparently they help repair muscle, but It really is the gashest thing being stuck at this weight. :(

any help appreciated

mat x

if your eating alot of protein you'll need to do alot of weights mate. protein can encourage weight loss you see. So you need to be working out well to put it on as muscle. You will also need to eat like a horse :)

Also, pressups wont help you bulk up, you need to be lifting heavy weights, you could try buying some or joining a gym, but pressups etc only help toning and keep a basic strength.

Am not trying to become huge tank, but i wouldnt mind being a bit stronger and powerful. Im off work at the minute so trying to eat alot more and going to the gym loads!

(excuse my editing)

Edited by John planet x

Hey,

Yeah, well I dont actually do weights but I try to do short bursts of workout. Like 40 pressups quick to tear up my arms, hopefully when they repair they'll be stronger and more used to doing quick bursts of exercise (for trials).

I also have mega trouble gaining weight, it just wont go on. I weigh about 10 stone, I'm 17 years old and just over 6 foot tall. Literally no fat on me. (N) Anyone got any ideas on how I can bulk it up? I try drinking milk (protein) and eating chicken just because apparently they help repair muscle, but It really is the gashest thing being stuck at this weight. :(

any help appreciated

mat x

protein shakes? a quick way of adding weight, but they are horrid taste.....

just a wee thought. oh and remember to work out if ur drinkin them, or u will just get fat

Thanks chaps your all stars, worth asking for some dumbells for xmas? Heard you can get some from argos pretty cheap. That and some protein shake with alot of working out maybe I can hit 11 stone. :)

I got mine from argos for cheap, they are the york ones (i think its concrete in them). The set i got came with two dumbbell bars and one barbell, then with a set of weights. The only slight problem is that i have to change the weights around a lot as it didn't come with many, so for example when i do free weight bench press i have to take all the weights off the dumbbells, then put them on the barbell.

It's these that i have got Argos.

I try to do them quite often, and as it is winter now i have more time to as i'm not always on the bike. But like it has been said, lots of muscle mass isn't what is needed for trials, it's a fast twitch muscle fibre that is needed (i think). But i found it is helping me a bit with bmx stuff. I also have a programme that i do at school for gcse p.e, which mainly involves the machines like calf raises, lateral pull downs, and bench press.

Found This:

To maximize your muscles with fast-twitch fibers, you'll need to train with low to moderate reps (e.g., four to eight reps), rest periods of around one to two minutes, and a moderate training regime (too much training will compromise recovery).

So... that means beasting a 15-20kg weight, resting two mins and then beasting it again to get powerful fast twitch fibers.

One more question...

Does anyone know which muscles are used the most in trials?

mat x

I got mine from argos for cheap, they are the york ones (i think its concrete in them). The set i got came with two dumbbell bars and one barbell, then with a set of weights. The only slight problem is that i have to change the weights around a lot as it didn't come with many, so for example when i do free weight bench press i have to take all the weights off the dumbbells, then put them on the barbell.

It's these that i have got Argos.

I try to do them quite often, and as it is winter now i have more time to as i'm not always on the bike. But like it has been said, lots of muscle mass isn't what is needed for trials, it's a fast twitch muscle fibre that is needed (i think). But i found it is helping me a bit with bmx stuff. I also have a programme that i do at school for gcse p.e, which mainly involves the machines like calf raises, lateral pull downs, and bench press.

get the 50kg ones, made from cast iron, same place, same make but £50 i think.

Getting them for christmas

I always go gym, spend more time at gym than i do riding lol, cant stand riding in winter.

I build every aspect of my body, and increase stamina etc by running, run for 40 mins. speed 14.5 for 20 mins and speed 11 for 20 mins. Run in the morning to burn fat. Lost 3 stone since i had monty i weighed 15 stone when i had monty weigh 12.3 now. Do boxing at night at my mates house and the odd bit of parkour after the late hours of 10 O'Clock

Love the gym, especially when you got your own person trainer. Since as shit loads of people are more concerned about building the bicep muscle. Which is the smallest and hardest muscle to build in the body, thought id take a pic as if i took a pic of my back it would be a little hard to compare etc.

My arms are coming on nicely, although the tricep muscle once built definds most of your arm, pointless builing biceps there bag o shit.

IPB Image

ignore the b*****d white spots lol

Muscle needs protein, people dont know that if your muscle doesnt tear and stretch then you wont build more muscle. You need to to reps then stretch the muscle in order for it to tear, the last rep is always important.

has it helped me on the bike? no.

Edited by Mr_Pitbull

got a pic of your stomach biff??

No i got a pic of ma face though wi SNOW CAMO GIRO HELMET LADSSSSS

IPB Image

LOVE IT.

Stomach is getting toned up now its got f**k all fat. Peks are coming along minter just 6 packs a little dusty :) will post pics in 2 weeks of stomach.

Word on the street is Biff.....you look like Mr.Blobby with your shirt off :-

Southerners aint got pasty! Yorkshire beasts representing!

Btw, 6 pack of what Biff?

Its explosive trianing that needs to be done. This helps to develop explosive moves :P So quick controlled movements help!

EDIT.

*Biff facts may slighty vary, and are sometimes accurate.*

Edited by Burton

Quick phone pic:

[attachmentid=8681]

what the f**k is up with that :S

joe you lying beatch, that is no way your arm.

your a liar too, ill show you pasty mofo

Edited by ash-kennard

Word on the street is Biff.....you look like Mr.Blobby with your shirt off :-

Btw, 6 pack of what Biff?

Its explosive trianing that needs to be done. This helps to develop explosive moves :P So quick controlled movements help!

Last time i saw you burton i was a good 14 stone. Sidehopping a good 6 blue and had a diet of sugar and saturated fat lol. Weigh in at 12 now. Burton = STUBB lol :-