One For The Artists Out There

Luke Williams!

Ok so am really thinking of getting another tattoo but i find it a tad boring, so am wondering what you guys can do to it really, by adding colour backgrounds etc just seeing what could actually be made of it.

[attachmentid=8706]

Thanks luke ^_^

post-3374-1166079237_thumb.jpg

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

thats what the tattoists job is.....he gets paid to do it.

Go sppek to them about it

stop being a bitch am just seeing what people can come up with as ideas rather not take it to some fat old biker dude who would just add flames.

no offence joe but why do you always have to try be a smart arse just let the thread be if you dont have nothing to contribute to what am asking please.

Haha, yeah Joe quit being a bitch :P

However I do agree with Joe on this one, it'll be interesting to see what people come up with if anything, but Joe's advice is good sound advice.

It's all about where you go to get it done, which is in my opinion far more important that the picture you take with you of what you want, because you can take the best most stunning picture and have some "fat biker" make it look shit, whereas on the flip side you can take a really rough "idea" sketch or even just an idea in your head to a good tattooist and they will translate it into a fantastic piece. A good tattooist will listen to your thoughts, will ask you what kinda things you're into and what colours etc you like and they will create something from that.

Even if someone does something in this thread that you really like, I'd still take it to a tattooist and ask them if it works or if they have any ideas. Tattoos are like photographs, anyone can take a photograph, but a good photographer knows about composition and colours and textures and light, and the same is true of a good tattooists. Anyone getting a tatoo no matter how small should go to the best tattooist they can find, I learned the hard way hence my re-work (see the tattoo thread)!

Lecture over, haha, lets see what people come up with!

Davey

Haha, yeah Joe quit being a bitch :P

However I do agree with Joe on this one, it'll be interesting to see what people come up with if anything, but Joe's advice is good sound advice.

It's all about where you go to get it done, which is in my opinion far more important that the picture you take with you of what you want, because you can take the best most stunning picture and have some "fat biker" make it look shit, whereas on the flip side you can take a really rough "idea" sketch or even just an idea in your head to a good tattooist and they will translate it into a fantastic piece. A good tattooist will listen to your thoughts, will ask you what kinda things you're into and what colours etc you like and they will create something from that.

Even if someone does something in this thread that you really like, I'd still take it to a tattooist and ask them if it works or if they have any ideas. Tattoos are like photographs, anyone can take a photograph, but a good photographer knows about composition and colours and textures and light, and the same is true of a good tattooists. Anyone getting a tatoo no matter how small should go to the best tattooist they can find, I learned the hard way hence my re-work (see the tattoo thread)!

Lecture over, haha, lets see what people come up with!

Davey

Whole point of this is am not sure of what i want except i know its boring the way it is now but your points are correct, still its just a little fun and might give some people something to do if there bored and its helping me out. i could just ask my sister cause she is class at art but thought i'd share it out :turned: sorry if i've come across abit bitchy. An your designs are appreciated. I am bored myself so i will get the ball rolling :lol:

[attachmentid=8709]

post-3374-1166095728_thumb.jpg

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

Whole point of this is am not sure of what i want except i know its boring the way it is now but your points are correct, still its just a little fun and might give some people something to do if there bored and its helping me out. i could just ask my sister cause she is class at art but thought i'd share it out :turned: sorry if i've come across abit bitchy. An your designs are appreciated. I am bored myself so i will get the ball rolling :lol:

[attachmentid=8709]

Isn't that two seperate tattoo's really :-

Do you have anything in mind? Any thing you like? Anything you really wouldn't want? You want an actual picture or just shapes around it?

It's like when someone asks "what frame should I get?" We need to know more about you. your tastes, what things are of enough importance to you to make you want to put a reminder of it on your body!

I know jack-shit about tattoos, but I imagine that the questions above are similar to what a proper tattooist will ask you, it's probably best at least if you can answer those questions here as:

A) It gives you the chance to really think it all through, making it easier for the tattooist.

B) You're more likely to get designs that you like and can actually take to the tattooist for him/her to work with.

Good luck with it though. I don't think I could get a tattoo, not yet at least, I'm far too indecisive!

I'm not good at drawing unless I'm copying from a reference image of sorts so I can't translate this to an image, but I'm into traditional stuff so if that was going to be on me I'd have a decent "period style" font on a scroll, all tattered looking with rough edges and browning slightly, and behind it I'd have roses, oohh black ones (with purple highlights) that would be lush!

Davey

would prefer shapes etc rather than a picture, i would rather it be more man colours i.e blue or red am not too pushy on the font just not something stupidly dumb but it has to be those words and i know i really really wouldn't want skulls and knifes and all that devil stuff in it, thats just not me. am more of a smooth person :turned: you know smooth textures and i love shading, purple is a beast colour too well i say purple am looking more violet :P

forgot to mention its going on my forearm too :) am not really looking for traditional stuff to be honest i like to be individual hence the random samurai guy :lol: and am a fan of angel wings too also am a typical black dude i love japan :\

Edited by LukeBrisaRider

yer there beast

[attachmentid=8710]

Just did this for the fun of it

Looks cool, you'll need to simplify that a bit though unless you're having it fecking huge on you, haha. How about having some sort of "swoosh" coming from the sword as though he's just swung it across in front of him, then you could incorporate the writing into the "swoosh"...... if that's even a word, but you know what I mean!

Davey

stop being a bitch am just seeing what people can come up with as ideas rather not take it to some fat old biker dude who would just add flames.

no offence joe but why do you always have to try be a smart arse just let the thread be if you dont have nothing to contribute to what am asking please.

LOL, im not being a bitch :(

why does everyone think im being a tool recently..

If you like it or not the advice i gave is the best advice you will recieve lol.

No one here likes your tastes..no one can guess what you think will be good. Only you can decide.

Sorry if i sound like a twat :( ( that time of the month )

each to there own like i said nothing constructive to say why post :shifty:

i would say saving you from a life of embarrassment was pretty constructive.

meh, go for it if you want, maybe the artist will throw in a free pack of dragon ball z trading cards to match.

More based on the textual image you showed us.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I don't really know if you have any preference for fonts, streety graff style or oriental chinese looking style, big solid fonts or small dainty ones.

By the way i'm leaving these B&W so you can have a play with using your own colours and stuff.

i would say saving you from a life of embarrassment was pretty constructive.

meh, go for it if you want, maybe the artist will throw in a free pack of dragon ball z trading cards to match.

am actually a huge fan of dragonballz watched it when i was younger an still do now if its on, like i said each to there own.

and thanks for putting the effort in guys its really helping me out.