Time To Move On.. Ten Years On

streetjibs

Hello Guys

First up let me just start by saying a big Thankyou to every helpful post on this site. Whether its been how to set up maguras, difference in brake pads and opinions on high bbs and old school bikes with seats versus the new school 1080plus machines... its all been positive and added greatly to everyone in our community helping with newbies learning how to pedal kick and the more advanced riders discussing tapping techniques and more. ITs all been fantastic. Thanks and long live an informative friendly and positive Forum and its members.

Well that out of the way.. Im here to say that after just on 10 years of riding trials iv decided (not easily!) that im going to quit riding trials and move on to something new that gives me the same excitement i used to experience everytime i got on my bike. From my first Kona Caldera and shortlived Cindercone (xc bikes that were quickly adapted to makeshift trials weapons) Iv seen and experienced a lot while being involved with this sport and have a lot of great memories and made many good lifelong friends. To today, where actual trials bikes are readily available... a wide selection of parts actually designed with trials in mind are available around the world and as easy as gettin online... the choices have grown, the sport has grown and we are all better off for it.

Iv got quite a few people id really personally like to thank and a couple of great times il share with those of you stil reading this post...

Firstly the thankyous.. (in no particular order... and sorry if i forget anyone)

long time mate and great friend Adam Kelly - this guy is an inspiration in what trials should be about. A top bloke who can always make up a new line and always represents the smoothest action on a bike in Australia. Thanks also for always puttin me up whether back in Fassifern/Tronto! ;) watchin Barry Mackenzie and listening to rodney rude. cheers. Mitch Ho, great friend.. a true lover of trials and a great rider. Thanks for always driving me round, picking me up from airports and introducing me to some great punk bands.. NOFX is awesome! ok... Peace, Alex Markwart thanksfor everything!, Simon, Dave, Paul Gerloff, Sam Hull, Ben Benny - Xgames ruled bud! Craig pearce - your a legend keep up the great work! Nick and Dan pierce, Snapper! (those of you in oz will remember him) Zoli Borbasi ... zoltan! Ash in Canberra, Chris Russ, Dave Harder. Qld : Xavier -keep it fresh mate, Matt and Lindsay up the sunny coast, Adrian, Jacko - never lose faith mate... youll be surprised who shares it, the whole expressive bikes/brisbane crew... no more tension eh ;). and finally : Kenichi Iwasa, Riki Murata and Keita Miyaoka... having you guys stay with me for those months was truely fantastic... Riki i luv u man! legend.. Munko Shabudatai! To uk... Waynio!!! Where do i begin man... When u came over ere.. it wuz like meeting me brotha! best mate and a true laugh. Not too shabby on a bike either!! Thanks for the good times bro... see you in uk 1day! Chris Akrigg, again... I dunno what to say... the 3 weeks u spent ere sleepin in my spare room n on my floor... haha birds booze and bikes. Great times..thanks for the laffs! I wont forget i got you bike! and oh my god .. now thats how you ride "its not trials its just riding a bike" .. brilliant. Lastly, Neil Tunni - wen we 1st talked u rode a beat up rustin pashley... and now look at you. Tops bro. same to CLS adn Shrewsbury. Phil williams .. lurch!. . Abdab, Matt Staples, Porter.. .shut up bout akkers bike yo!, Sharn, Matt Berridge, cringle!, Flash, Fruitbat.. rofl!, james hyland and Alex, Thomas Oehler, Nick Baxter (OZ!), Felix Mucke, and everyone else.

So there it is.. I dunno why im puttin in the effort to say thanks. guess its cuz i want people to know that this sport is made what it is because of the people in it and the support that we all give one another. IV had a great time riding but a loss of passion over the past 12 months and various other influences (called life!) have made me reevaluate my interests. Thanks to all who know they deserve it., Keep it FUN!!!

cheers for reading my long post ;)

danny.

Hey man, hope you find something just as exciting and meet the same amount of pals you have from riding trials! Maybe you'll pick up another bouncy bike again one day eh? Stick around the forums even if you're not riding trials though mate. (Y)

I thought you were going to be travelling round the world or something. It just sounds like your miss' has given you a kick up the back side and told you to stop riding bikes.

But on the whole your be back riding within a few years. There isn't such a thing as quiting just like that to go find another interest. You can only leave riding by gradual depression of not riding.

Best of luck in finding something else that interests you. It better be a sport though (Y)

By the way how old are you?

sorry if the post seemed bit dramatic, just some things i felt i had to say..

yo Eskimo :

Im 29... I didnt just decide.. its been a gradual feeling over the past 12months, that i just dont enjoy trials anymore and really my interests have moved on to other things.

spending more time on my bmx and gettin into xc.

danny.

sorry if the post seemed bit dramatic, just some things i felt i had to say..

yo Eskimo :

Im 29... I didnt just decide.. its been a gradual feeling over the past 12months, that i just dont enjoy trials anymore and really my interests have moved on to other things.

spending more time on my bmx and gettin into xc.

danny.

I didn't ride trials for 3 years then came back 6 months ago. I was riding bmx full time. You will miss it soon enough. The back wheel fun will creep up on you.

Have fun (Y)

il see you in the non too distant future boyo!!!! B) il be back in auz, weather its ripping it up on a bike or just coming for the pure hol. utterly dissapointing dude, but hey, the schweet memories of (YES IT IS just about) 3 years ago :S

Keep in touch bro. specially over xmas and new year. as soon as i have some brass il come back over and visit you. the van has had a constant money supply over the last 3months :P

you Bro Waynio...................

Edited by Waynio

We will all have to do it, sometime. It's like death... It's just a part of life :P . It is sad but as long as you've had a fun ten years then i suppose you couldn't have asked for much more, eh?

Make sure you keep checking back on here to see what's going down (Y) .

Over and out...