Do You Use Your Bashguard?

tryallmaster

hi guys! and girls!!

About 3 years ago it was normal to use your bashguard, for example, getting up a ledge. These days we try and avoid using it because it makes trials look smoooooooother. I never try to use mine, i am never happy if i cant get up something without using it.

Do you use yours?

lewis

If i had one i would use it as its there to be used and abused :P but as i have a GU :D its not an option only a rockring :(

Nope i`m more of a UCI person (Y)

UCI is soooooooooooooo much better than BIU.

this may sound a bit dumb but: UCI - BIU whats all that about? :S

Edited by powerz

If i had one i would use it as its there to be used and abused :P but as i have a GU :D its not an option only a rockring :(

this may sound a bit dumb but: UCI - BIU whats all that about? :S

UCI and BIU or the two main trials governing bodies you might say. they both have different competition rules. UCI rules penalise you if any of your bike touches the obstical and BIU rules allow you to use your bashring or your pedal.

hope that helps.

lewis

UCI and BIU or the two main trials governing bodies you might say. they both have different competition rules. UCI rules penalise you if any of your bike touches the obstical and BIU rules allow you to use your bashring or your pedal.

hope that helps.

lewis

Oh i see now,iv'e never done comps so thats probably why i havn't heard about it.Thanks that helped allot :D

hope that helps.

lewis

Your penalised in UCI rules if any part of the bike other than tryes touch's/leans against the section, what you've said wouldn't allow you to even enter a section clean.

Edited by jake1516

I never use my bash, this can sometimes be my downfall. In BIU comps, people will be bashing everything in sight and getting through the sections, but I always try and go to tyres, sometimes I fall off because of this and I should bite the bullit and just use my bash.....but its just soooo nasty! I cant believe how much some riders bash and its still counted as a clean :(

I am planning to enter some UCI competitions next year, I feel its a better way of riding, surly getting up somthing to wheels should be classed as better than going to bash and penalised accordingly

I use my bashplate and rockring all the time but I'm only learning. P.S. I've done a comp & I can't even pedalhop. Get ur ass along 2 a comp!!!! (I was doing novice if ur wondering)

I think i saw you, you rode the one at lindale right?

Lewis...