Encouragement And 'put Offs'

Phil H

Mates make alot of difference when your riding:

If you have someone shouting 'Go on! You can do it!' and congratulating you when you suceed it really puts you in the frame of mind to ride well.

Vice Versa putting off can have a massive effect to. I wanted a go on my mates bike (mine was out of action) so I said to him 'you have been riding all day, your too tired, your falling apart' Low and behold he fell apart :P Couldn't do anything!

Agree? Disagree? What are your views?

Phil

I agree, but sometimes encouragment puts you off, concentrating really well,

and you hear someone scream "GO ON!" it shocks me. So i just get on with it,

the other people are usualy riding or waiting for them to try and do what i just did.

A bit of encouragement goes a long way... :P

Lewis...

Edited by newb

It's very rare that encouragement does much for me but putoff's do effect me. I have a little zone in my head that I jump into when I know im going to do a move or a jump or something along the adrenalin lines.

Yeh I see dude. Personally I find abit of encouragement can go a long way :)

Phil

It's very rare that encouragement does much for me but putoff's do effect me. I have a little zone in my head that I jump into when I know im going to do a move or a jump or something along the adrenalin lines.

Same.

Say i'm about to sidehop, i'm just getting 'into the zone' and my mate goes 'You can do it' or something..it puts me off, then I don't go for it.

Making it harder to go for it the next time... :rolleyes:

When TRA does ex. a gap and dont make it i always says : "Neil T. would do that on first atempt!"

And then TRA always make it ;)

I've found the same way of thinking to work well. Ie when I'm going for a sidehop that is big for me I always tend to think that TRA would jump over the wall I can't get onto, and I can't be so much worse than him... works always. :-

I agree because i ride my best when i get encouraged by friends but to some extent i can get distracted when people shout out things. I also find that listening to music is a good form of encouragement as it helps me concentrate a lot better.

get spured on by people doubting me, specialy if i don't really like em. nothing beats the kind of look on their face when you make something and there like :blink:>_< . main put off is watching someone else cock up or have something on thier bike break or a chain-snap or their hub/f.w skips shits me up for a while :$ .

only person i tend to listen to when riding is damon (when i do see him), if he pushes me then ill usually think about it (that doesnt mean ill do it) he encourages me alot. however in aberdeen there is alot of piss taking so its not really putting me off the move its more im in hysterics because of how funny the banter is. then ill go do that move in a minute.

meh