New Products From Onza

BikeDotStuffAtOnzaDotCom

I notice this a lot with onza prototype frames that they don't come with a disc tab, but the frame will have one when it goes into mass production. So how can it be tested? I mean a disc tab in trials isn't like in other bikes which you can just stick on and it'll work.

Also another question to add to that one, why can't Onza frame be made to take snail cams? It's only a hole.

Cant say im keen on the new frame shape the mod limey 3 looks great though, nevertheless id like to see it with a lightweight bash, cant stand the bashring mod's...or it needs a smaller bashring.

As for the paintjobs, do away with the dodgey writing...they're still not up to koxx standard sadly, keep trying >_<

Great to see so many new products guys at onza, hope the limey 3 mod reaches production!

Steve-o

when i saw the mod limey in the shop i fell in love with it :wub:

i want one (Y)

to bad you woudnt sell it me there and then joe :lol:

Also another question to add to that one, why can't Onza frame be made to take snail cams? It's only a hole.

i ran snail cams on my 2006 t-pro :P

We could, But I see little reason why when there is a perfectly good functional system that comes with the frames.

They should be here in about 6 weeks. There are only 6 people who have them in this country at the moment. Andrei Burton, Ben Savage, Joe Seddon, Scott Wilson, Danny Swindlehurst and who ever wins the TF comp.

We could, But I see little reason why when there is a perfectly good functional system that comes with the frames.

So people can choose.

The big problem i have with Onza frames at the moment is i love the snail cam system, and i love rear disc. To be honest I've never used the integrated tension system, I've always had doubts ever since I read the very first topic on it, but it just gives people the option, it's just a threaded hole. Same with disc mounts, i'd love to know how many extra ice's would have been sold if it had a read disc mount.

Edited by JT!

I would never buy a mod frame without a disc mount, it makes no sense not to.

The mod market is full of strong, light mods with the geo you want and the option of disc or magura. If you want to appeal to a wider customer base, provide both disc and maggy! it seems not many frames do that at the moment.

Just my opinion, it's the only gap in the market I can see that hasn't already been plugged.

So people can choose.

The big problem i have with Onza frames at the moment is i love the snail cam system, and i love rear disc. To be honest I've never used the integrated tension system, I've always had doubts ever since I read the very first topic on it, but it just gives people the option, it's just a threaded hole. Same with disc mounts, i'd love to know how many extra ice's would have been sold if it had a read disc mount.

the tensioner system onza is using is the next best thing since sliced bread are you mad, all frames should be using this. why would you want snail cams which are fiddley, slip and never keep the wheel in place and give you shit tension. your only hope with them ususally is if your hub uses m8 bolts so you can crank the tension up on the bolts and hold the snail cams better.

the tensioner system onza is using is the next best thing since sliced bread are you mad, all frames should be using this. why would you want snail cams which are fiddley, slip and never keep the wheel in place and give you shit tension. your only hope with them ususally is if your hub uses m8 bolts so you can crank the tension up on the bolts and hold the snail cams better.

You're missing the whole point, it's got nothing to do with how good either system is. There are people out there (like me) who have never used Onza's system, and i'm not going to go out and buy a frame on someones word that it's great, people told me avid BB7's were great but mine was shit. I'll end up with a frame that can't take the tension system i'm used to using or prefer using just becuase Onza won't drill a little hole on the dropout.

I know people are going to say 'why not drill the hole yourself' etc. For a start that'll probably void the warranty and can be a lot of effort when it could just be done by Onza in the first place.

There just really isn't any reason why not. :huh:

@ the brakepads, I should have them as I will put them to little use due to switching to rear disc on my limey. :)

Its a shame I had to send the brake back to Hope though, way too much pad wobble for my liking. =(

But when it does come back, I'll hopefully beast my riding up a bit (watching all these videos from not riding is making me twitch like hell), and I'll soon make a video.

Edited by Captain Scarlet

There just really isn't any reason why not. :huh:

because theres no need to, its working well on the frames out on the market, if your that scared by the idea of it, find riders with an ice and pm them and ask do you find it works well. its not like a brake it either tensions or it doesnt and your problem is solved. also you have to remmeber that it may not be as simple now as drill the hole as more likely all the dropouts are the same on every onza frame now so they already have hundreds/thousands manufactured.

i understand what your saying, but i think you seem to be the only one scared of using it. and i doubt there sales will suffer from it and why push manfufacturing costs up

because theres no need to, its working well on the frames out on the market, if your that scared by the idea of it, find riders with an ice and pm them and ask do you find it works well. its not like a brake it either tensions or it doesnt and your problem is solved. also you have to remmeber that it may not be as simple now as drill the hole as more likely all the dropouts are the same on every onza frame now so they already have hundreds/thousands manufactured.

i understand what your saying, but i think you seem to be the only one scared of using it. and i doubt there sales will suffer from it and why push manfufacturing costs up

I'm not 'scared'.

I found that chain tugs used to slip a lot, and the onza system can't be adjusted without tools so that's an extra spanner you'd have to carry around with you.

I can't really see the manufacturing costs of a threaded hole being too high. Especially if they sell another 1 or 2 frames becuase of it.

I'm not 'scared'.

I found that chain tugs used to slip a lot, and the onza system can't be adjusted without tools so that's an extra spanner you'd have to carry around with you.

I can't really see the manufacturing costs of a threaded hole being too high. Especially if they sell another 1 or 2 frames becuase of it.

I see what you mean and I understand you appreciate the quality's of a snail cam. I may decide that in future models that we do allow for snail cams BUT that system has been tested by our whole professional team and they all like it, Its on the Pro, Blade ,Comp, Ice and Limey 20" models so there are around 500 bikes in use at the moment with it so there are plenty of people to ask if they like it. I understand your point but carrying an extra 3mm Allen key in your bag along with your essential tool kit isn't that greater reason not to buy a frame in my eyes. Disc Tabs will come out on the other models including the Ice V2.

That's good to hear about the disc mount, i know me and a few other members have been rattling on about that for some time.

As for the snail cam hole, the only reason I've been going on about it is becuase it is just a hole. If there was any amount of extra material, work, design or cost, it would obviously be a non issue.

I hope I get round to trying the integrated tensioning systems myself, but chances are in this country it's unlikely, some rider the other day said to me "what the hell, are they hedgehogs in your front rim?!"

:)(Y)

Edited by JT!

The integrated chain tensioners are the best solution to chain tensioning. Snailcams used to be used on motorbikes, try to find a modern motorbike that has snailcams to tension the chain - I think youll struggle :)

The integrated chain tensioners are the best solution to chain tensioning. Snailcams used to be used on motorbikes, try to find a modern motorbike that has snailcams to tension the chain - I think youll struggle :)

all trials bikes, old and new :-

all trials bikes, old and new :-

Dammit I knew that would crop up! :(

Ok all modern motorbikes excluding trials bikes :P

I wonder why they use snailcams rather than a bolt push/tug system. My supermoto has the same system as the new onza frames and it works very well :)

The only thing I don't like so much about the Onza inbuilt tensioning, is the fact how you can't slam the wheel right into the drop out as far as it could go with say chain tugs or snail cams.

And upon fitting my rear disc, I noticed that the rotor is ridiculously close to the large bulk on metal on the chainstay/seatstay join, probably about 2mm away from touching.

Easily bodgable, but it just scared me to hell at first.