Bloody Hell...modelling In Maya

PaRtZ

Taken me a week to do it but FINALLY i cba anymore. I put the dent in the downtube deliberatly so that if you land on your down tube you wont think you've dented it cos its already dented (simple ;) ) er yeah

was just getting used to the program really. Ive heard they use it at swansea Uni so I might as well get started now with it. For a 10 days im quite happy with it :)

Next step is to try and get a full human body, so far Ive just made a man with legs lol. Managed to make him dance.....

Ive not used Maya before, but am very experience now with modelling in Studiotools. Got a few cars made up now. May well get an oppurtunity during the summer to use Maya and get really good at it. Am I right in thinking it can be used for animation purpose too?

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Jan 20 2007, 09:58 PM)
Where do you get this from? Is it stupidly expensive; did you just download it?

of course not, downloading is very naughty and illegal :o:)

mike I thought you did that in pro desktop eh? eh? :P and to add to my laziness, i was thinking of just making a cylinder on the inside and texturing it with a picture of spokes :)

same images, lower r_speeds / polygon count etc.

Ive not used Maya before, but am very experience now with modelling in Studiotools. Got a few cars made up now. May well get an oppurtunity during the summer to use Maya and get really good at it. Am I right in thinking it can be used for animation purpose too?

woo! i had more Maya training so I can offer an expert opinion...

animation is probably Mayas strongest area - IMO the modeller is inferior to max unless you insist on using nurbs.

a major advantage from your point of view is that the integration between studiotools and maya is very good indeed - maya has a different core but it was designed by basically the same bunch of people (just had a bit of training off a bloke who was involved in the original specification for Maya so he gave me all the background)

because of this your cars should just pop straight in without too much fettling - saving you a couple of years learning to model in it properly.

the free version (PLE) of maya 8 hasnt surfaced yet, v7 PLE is pretty mature and stable now so may be a good place to start if you don't want to start hitting torrent sites for naughty cracked versions.

its some good stuff Maya but I still say Max beats it in terms of overall usability