New Echo Brakes

adam trials

It is true that they are a bit pricy, but you can't compare it to a magura without adding these upgrades to the magura:
  • 1 Maggie - £65
  • 1 Echo Lever - £25
  • 1 Set Of Echo Brake Mounts - £25
  • 1 Set Of Echo Pads - £18
This all comes to a grand total of £133.

Thats exactly how we thought about it too. The Echo brakes also have kevlar re-inforced hose (much tougher than plastic - more like the black Hope hose seen on their older brakes).

It does sound pricey, but people regularly spend a very similar amount on a front disc brake without complaining... this is the first rim brake to apply similar manufacturing process and materials to those used in disc brakes. The HS33 brakes use much poorer material and a manufacturing process prone to weaknes.

The price may come down in time, who knows, but I would at least give the brakes a chance before writing them off as 'too expensive'. Even if they last as long as a Magura, but are more reliable (no more cracked levers/stripped threads to end your ride and waste a train fare!) then I think they'll be well worth it.

Look forward to having a good look at one and getting some detailed pics for everyone to have a look at (Y)

Ads

I duno and don't care, just shes called to see how the littlen was doing and i said could you check something out for me. She's my ex for bloody good reason and only keep in touch for my duaghter. She can handle her self, shes a bitch as it is and got bigger boobs than them girls out there.

Adds if you give up a Hope 07 trial as the Echo is better i will i duno come out on the piss with you dressed as a baby or women.....(hint hint do not change, Basher has told me your disc is mint)

Hi

I think i would deffineatly spend the money on the new echo brake if this is going to happen to maguras.

DSC00212.jpg

Happened to two of us in one day!

If the brake is going to last longer then a magura then its well worth the money in my opinion. :)

I also think its good it comes with pads and the cnc'd parts. Seems worth the money.

Thanks

Hi

I think i would deffineatly spend the money on the new echo brake if this is going to happen to maguras.

DSC00212.jpg

Happened to two of us in one day!

If the brake is going to last longer then a magura then its well worth the money in my opinion. :)

I also think its good it comes with pads and the cnc'd parts. Seems worth the money.

Thanks

I did that too but wasonly round the corner from my house lol, went home and put another maggie lever on it.

Edited by adam trials

Thats exactly how we thought about it too. The Echo brakes also have kevlar re-inforced hose (much tougher than plastic - more like the black Hope hose seen on their older brakes).

It does sound pricey, but people regularly spend a very similar amount on a front disc brake without complaining... this is the first rim brake to apply similar manufacturing process and materials to those used in disc brakes. The HS33 brakes use much poorer material and a manufacturing process prone to weaknes.

The price may come down in time, who knows, but I would at least give the brakes a chance before writing them off as 'too expensive'. Even if they last as long as a Magura, but are more reliable (no more cracked levers/stripped threads to end your ride and waste a train fare!) then I think they'll be well worth it.

Look forward to having a good look at one and getting some detailed pics for everyone to have a look at (Y)

Ads

yeah but you dont need to upgrade a hs33 except for the pads, i bought mine as a set for 100, but say it was 65 for 1 +nice pads and 4-bolt mounts makes about 100, so 100 over 150 will win easy.

its 50 quid off

EDITED

Edited by ash-kennard

yeah but you dont need to upgrade a hs33 except for the pads, i bought mine as a set for 100, but say it was 65 for 1 +nice pads makes about 85, so 85 over 150 will win easy.

yea, but thats coming from someone whos already got a lot of the set up. if you wer a kid whose parents buy him everything, which we seem to have more and more of these days.

brake =£65

pads= £18

4 bolt mounts(cos even though ur only startin out, and havent ridden a trials bike before. your gettin a brand new zoo, and evo mounts are all you get wit your standard brake).= £24

then cos everyone else has them, and cos they look cool and match the rest of your bike, youll go and buy a deng lever = £25.

making it £132 already. and if you wanna get technical. the maggie will still have a cheap plastic tpa. so youd go and buy a 74kingz tpa, at £15.

so your now lookin at £147 for one upgraded maggie. which is still cast, as opposed to cnc'ed and the hosing. so your looking at £3 difference between the 2 for the Cnc work and the kevlar hosing. which then suddenly makes it all seem good value. well not good value, but to someone whos building an ultimate spec bike from scratch, it seems reasonably priced when compared to a maggie.

yea, but thats coming from someone whos already got a lot of the set up. if you wer a kid whose parents buy him everything, which we seem to have more and more of these days.

brake =£65

pads= £18

4 bolt mounts(cos even though ur only startin out, and havent ridden a trials bike before. your gettin a brand new zoo, and evo mounts are all you get wit your standard brake).= £24

then cos everyone else has them, and cos they look cool and match the rest of your bike, youll go and buy a deng lever = £25.

making it £132 already. and if you wanna get technical. the maggie will still have a cheap plastic tpa. so youd go and buy a 74kingz tpa, at £15.

so your now lookin at £147 for one upgraded maggie. which is still cast, as opposed to cnc'ed and the hosing. so your looking at £3 difference between the 2 for the Cnc work and the kevlar hosing. which then suddenly makes it all seem good value. well not good value, but to someone whos building an ultimate spec bike from scratch, it seems reasonably priced when compared to a maggie.

ahh ok, i had forgotten about mounts, and i have the 04 brakes so the tpa aint a problem, infact ill edit the first post

With Tarty you can select wether you want 4 bolt/ evo mounts at no extra cost?

EDIT: Yup.

- Comes complete with 4-bolt official Magura mounts (£20 per brake when sold seperately) and bolts. You may find the brake cheaper elsewhere, but it won't have these mounts!

- If you require the brake with the standard 'Evo' mounts, or no mounts, then we can supply the brakes like this too, just give us a call!

- Weight: 315g per brake, including 4 bolt mounts.

EDIT: :o If Ali sees that they have put him in the 'also used by' bit he's gonna go balistic :lol:

Edited by Fat Pants

ahh ok, i had forgotten about mounts, and i have the 04 brakes so the tpa aint a problem, infact ill edit the first post

yea, to me and you, makes no odds. but if your buying a new brake tomorrow.youll be buying an 05 lever with a plastic tpa. and youll be spending the money on getttin a deng lever, too. which makes up £40 of the £50 difference. then youve got the cnc jobbie, and the better hosing. can see it being a lot better sales you predict.

also bear in mind, its one product, ordering one product = a lot less hassle,compared to like 4(Well not from my point of view, but from those of parents buying stuff for their kids) and it means no ones gunna have to change the tpa/lever around etc.

I dont mind taiwanese copy cat companies if its going to make life cheaper but that seems a massive price for something made by a 5year old taiwanese girl and a computer. That just seems a complete rip off, prob covering all the costs deng had to pay for steeling maguras design

i wouldnt want an echo lever blade anyways, so it is infact cheaper significantly

yea, neither do i, i love an 02 white maggie, with a bolt in place of my tpa, it works, i need nothing more. but..... for those wanting deng lever blades, this option perfectly feasible, and economically viable.

to me the echo brakes a rip off. but to someone starting out, who needs all new kit,pads, 4 bolt mounts,lever,a metal tpa, and a deng lever for style, or that 7% performance increase they give. people will easily pay the extra £10 or so itll cost when compared to the maggie set up, for that cnc work, the better hosing etc.

to me the echo brakes a rip off. but to someone starting out, who needs all new kit,pads, 4 bolt mounts,lever,a metal tpa, and a deng lever for style, or that 7% performance increase they give. people will easily pay the extra £10 or so itll cost when compared to the maggie set up, for that cnc work, the better hosing etc.

You're taking this way too far.

4 bolt mounts come as standard with Maguras.

Not everyone will want a Deng lever.

Not everyone will want a metal TPA.

Pads, yes.

I think what you're saying about this completely wrong. Not everyone will want to blow £140 on a brake that they can get working decently for 80 quid.

And if i was just starting out, there would be no way I'd spend that much on the brake straight away, as the beginner moves don't need anymore than a standard magura.

Disclaimer: Not trying to start an argument. Also, I'm crap at explaining myself so my point isn't very good on paper.

You're taking this way too far.

4 bolt mounts come as standard with Maguras.

Not everyone will want a Deng lever.

Not everyone will want a metal TPA.

Pads, yes.

I think what you're saying about this completely wrong. Not everyone will want to blow £140 on a brake that they can get working decently for 80 quid.

And if i was just starting out, there would be no way I'd spend that much on the brake straight away, as the beginner moves don't need anymore than a standard magura.

Disclaimer: Not trying to start an argument. Also, I'm crap at explaining myself so my point isn't very good on paper.

lol, its ok. i can see where your coming from, and in my opinion, your correct, and theres no reason for it to sell. but what im saying is it wil sell, to the kids that want deng this and that,or matching brands etc. purely cos then its puts the echo brake on a par with dengura prices. which is a fact. also i wasnt aware that maggies came with 4 bolt mounts till you said.and from some suppliers there still evo only.

I've just noticed all this chat about the new CNC cylinders and have one question......

Has anybody had a problem with the cast maggie cylinder coming apart or breaking in anyway?

I know the seals sometimes sieze but that has nothing to do with it being cast or CNC'd.

And I've only ever snapped a Maggie hose after my bars snapped and I ripped it off.

Maggie, 04 lever, and decent pads = Sexual Delight

I've just noticed all this chat about the new CNC cylinders and have one question......

Has anybody had a problem with the cast maggie cylinder coming apart or breaking in anyway?

I know the seals sometimes sieze but that has nothing to do with it being cast or CNC'd.

And I've only ever snapped a Maggie hose after my bars snapped and I ripped it off.

Maggie, 04 lever, and decent pads = Sexual Delight

ive broken 2 levers and countless tpas (which you helped me with before i discovered the tpa bodge) and hosing twice

brake =£65

pads= £18

Well Said! My point exactly, and I forgot about a metal TPA...

i wouldnt want an echo lever blade anyways, so it is infact cheaper significantly

We are comparing the prices of two similar rim brakes with the same spec, to compare them they need to have the same levers, pads, clamps, TPAs even oil, so that someone like Tarty Bikes can set them up side by side and say what the advantages and disadvantages are, I think that the Echo is going to be much stiffer at the lever because the cnc'd bits don't flex as much as cast bits.