How Old Were You When You Started?

Blair d

Hey Scott - thats a bit hard on Vaughan!

Its true though, most comp riders practice - train - ride (what ever name you want to call it) mostly on their own.

Started at 6 - wanted to be World Champion.

Ben.

you acheived that, i started just before my 13th birthday

Edited by alex!beastytrials

First trials bike (Onza T-Raptop - the green machine) for 16th birthday, nearly 3 years ago. Spent the year or so before that doing little jumps and rock walks on my rubbish full sus before realising that you couldn't really do trials on it...

i started last january aged 14 and then about a week later broke my wrist in rugby. Started again in 3 months and broke my bike so i gave up.

I recently started again in about october on my 15th birthday and loved it since then :D

Steve

Edited by steve1rc

My youngest started aged 4 (he is now 5) on a hand-me-down car boot special kiddies bike with a modified front sprocket and a lovely red Hamerite paint job :o(Y) He now rides a kids BMX which I dragged out of a skip at our local tip, stuck some old school wide bars on it and put a smaller front sprocket on :- No expense spared for my kids!!

My eldest started aged 5 (he is now 6 1/2) on the bikes mentioned above but now has a shiny Monty 205 Pro which he thinks is the dogs dangley bits (Y)B) Both the kids ride in competitions and are totally knackered when finished.

I started at 26 and am still trying at 37. My first bike also came from the local tip but slowly died. Another cheap mountain bike (trials was just starting to be recognised in the UK back then) was my next play thing and now I fall off a Merlin framed custom built bike which is basically a small mountain bike frame with V brakes!! Living the dream........ :S

Hurman

My youngest started aged 4 (he is now 5) on a hand-me-down car boot special kiddies bike with a modified front sprocket and a lovely red Hamerite paint job :o(Y) He now rides a kids BMX which I dragged out of a skip at our local tip, stuck some old school wide bars on it and put a smaller front sprocket on :- No expense spared for my kids!!

My eldest started aged 5 (he is now 6 1/2) on the bikes mentioned above but now has a shiny Monty 205 Pro which he thinks is the dogs dangley bits (Y)B) Both the kids ride in competitions and are totally knackered when finished.

I started at 26 and am still trying at 37. My first bike also came from the local tip but slowly died. Another cheap mountain bike (trials was just starting to be recognised in the UK back then) was my next play thing and now I fall off a Merlin framed custom built bike which is basically a small mountain bike frame with V brakes!! Living the dream........ :S

Hurman

Leg end (Y)