Immense?.

mbuk

Hi people,i have just had my rim ground at the rear,and put the new rock pads on,and the performance of the pads is unreal,they have give me a lot more confidence on the back wheel,because i know that 9 times out of 10 it will hold,thanks to adam at tartybikes for doing a great job,really appreciated the service.thanks shane.

Whilst we are kinda on the subject, I dont understand why tarty wouldn't grind my rim they say on the website that "Not available on Echo rims due to them having a very tough anodised coating" but it aint atall, It took me 5 mins and the job was sorted. I'm not saying tarty are crap or anything as they rule but it just seems abit strange.

Oh and my opinion on the rock pads are........... CRAP!!! personal preferance but on my 07 echo ground rim they are poo. (N)

Edited by powerz

I think i remember them saying it gives off too much dust and it's dangerous for them, especially if they have to do quite a few a day and in an enclosed shop.

Either that or they just don't have the heart to grind off the luverly colours.

Rock pads are not wank,all the pads are more or less the same performance,compounds may vary,but rock pads from what i have, are amazing the performace of them so far is amazing,they are tested by top riders,so they are good enough for my liking,and will get some more when i need some,its personal perference.

Powerz - I think i remember them saying it gives off too much dust and it's dangerous for them, especially if they have to do quite a few a day and in an enclosed shop.

OT: Powerz, which one were you on the London ride last sunday?

Yea i spose it is because they arn't in a ventilated area but whats wrong with doing it outside like i did?

At london i was the one riding a gu mod with a gold rear wheel. I see you riding with your gay colour forks :lol: that was a good ride, sooooo many people came.

Edited by powerz

Whilst we are kinda on the subject, I dont understand why tarty wouldn't grind my rim they say on the website that "Not available on Echo rims due to them having a very tough anodised coating" but it aint atall, It took me 5 mins and the job was sorted. I'm not saying tarty are crap or anything as they rule but it just seems abit strange.

Oh and my opinion on the rock pads are........... CRAP!!! personal preferance but on my 07 echo ground rim they are poo. (N)

The stuff Deng puts into the color to anodise the rims is poisonous when it's like a dust so in their workshop the Echo 07's are a no go ! And before this thread, all i heard about the rock pads was making them seem like god's gift to trials. They are awesome but Ali C pads and Onza Citrus's are equally gorgeous when set up properly.

Joel ;)