Good Bye To Super Pro Trilas Bashring

NirZionTrials

Hey guys,

just wanted to share with you my disapointment from the Middleburn Super pro Trials one-piece Steel bashring.

that is for 2 main reasons

1. in the last 3 months i riped my chain 5 times, in two of times got hurt, not somthing hesterical but.. Hey.. it hurts.

2. decided to put a new k810 chain instead of my old one, but the chain keeps on skiping since the Bashring is carved acording to the old chain.

so to make sure, i cleaned the bashring, back sproket and the tensioner, oiled the chain and made sure the links are loose and flexy.

did not help. so i figured if a put alot of presure on the new chain, that it will strech out to the fit the carved bashring.

started to ride but just coudnt, since everytime i put presure on the cranks the chain got stuck between the Chainstay and the Bashring. :angry:

so it was fun while it lasted, and it did give me alot of clearence but its not worth the pain and hassle for me.

so i am moving to Regular Middleburn pro Bash, back to 22:19 Ratio and wider and stonger chains K710 or Collapse.

Thats, just thought to share that with you guys,

Edited by NirZionTrials

Not really a surprise with the chain snappage. The smaller the sprocket is, the more stress is put on the chain.

That's why I wouldn't even think about running 16t up front.

22t for the win!

I knew that before, but couldnt help myself with trying it out, but for me its just not working.

need to agree with you on that, 22t for the win, i guess thats the best Trade off Clearence Vs Strength of Chain

if you calculate the clearance lost as a percentage and then the strength gained from a 22t sprocket.. will favour the sprocket im sure. the burn bashguards are fairly oversized anyway so can be machined a certian amount too.

18tooth for the win :) There will be a 3rd choice of splined Middleburn's bash in a few weeks time, and this one will be the first to have enough axial space for the widest trials chains (Y) No more chain interference issues and having to wear in the bash/chain to work together.

Steve

Hey guys,

just wanted to share with you my disapointment from the Middleburn Super pro Trials one-piece Steel bashring.

that is for 2 main reasons

1. in the last 3 months i riped my chain 5 times, in two of times got hurt, not somthing hesterical but.. Hey.. it hurts.

2. decided to put a new k810 chain instead of my old one, but the chain keeps on skiping since the Bashring is carved acording to the old chain.

so to make sure, i cleaned the bashring, back sproket and the tensioner, oiled the chain and made sure the links are loose and flexy.

did not help. so i figured if a put alot of presure on the new chain, that it will strech out to the fit the carved bashring.

started to ride but just coudnt, since everytime i put presure on the cranks the chain got stuck between the Chainstay and the Bashring. :angry:

so it was fun while it lasted, and it did give me alot of clearence but its not worth the pain and hassle for me.

so i am moving to Regular Middleburn pro Bash, back to 22:19 Ratio and wider and stonger chains K710 or Collapse.

Thats, just thought to share that with you guys,

try taking a pair of links out of your chain, trust me i had this problem about 3weeks ago

18tooth for the win :) There will be a 3rd choice of splined Middleburn's bash in a few weeks time, and this one will be the first to have enough axial space for the widest trials chains (Y) No more chain interference issues and having to wear in the bash/chain to work together.

Steve

nice one steve, i was just going to suggest that. i saw mikes again yesterday, yummy

Cant do that, if i take a link out the chain will be too short

you tried a split link, a fair few people do it.

when you say, iut get caught in the chainstay, does it bite chunky strips out of the frame? mine did, get a rohloff for good tension and then try the split link thing, if that doesnt work, then i am out of ideas

Steve

Will that fit a 22T, 21T, 20T, 19T, 18T, 17T or 16T chainring? Or something smaller? or Bigger?

It's 18tooth only. There's not enough land on the 17 and 16tooth sprockets for the required bolt holes, and larger than 18tooth means the chain will be exposed!

With a seperate sprocket, the sprocket can be cost effectively "Hard Chromed" to vastly lengthen its life compared to a stanless steel sprocket which is part of the bash. The bash life is no longer limited by the sprocket life either :)

Steve

will favour the sprocket im sure. the burn bashguards are fairly oversized anyway so can be machined a certian amount too.

Yep, been running a 18T chainring and 16T rockring for over a year now. Not only has my chain lasted almost 2 years, it's in perfect order and has just the right clearance not to get damaged.

ahh, just seen you have an 06 control, exactly the same as me, go 16-14 gear ratio, and have 37 pairs of links, with a rohloff, and it solved the problem, TRUST ME ITS WHATS ON MINE NOW, only problem is the rohloffs cost loads

kennard you are right on my friend, thats exactly what happns.

i have a 74kings Tensioner on the way, dont know if it will be stong...

i have no idea where i can get a half like for that chain... any ideas?

kennard you are right on my friend, thats exactly what happns.

i have a 74kings Tensioner on the way, dont know if it will be stong...

i have no idea where i can get a half like for that chain... any ideas?

i think split links come with KMC kool chains new, if not, then you could buy an entire splitlink chain to try. get from bmx shops, online or instore i imagine

yeah, theyre the same thing i think

Split links a link that can be undone to easily undo the chain without the need for a chain tool. Half link is a single link that removes the need to take both the small and large sections (two effective links worth) of chain and has one large end and one small.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

as i see it, both are the same Lenght, thus adding the same lenght to the chain, so dose it matter what you use?

Split links replace a single link in the chain, usually the larger links in between each small one. Half links replace BOTH a large and small link.