Uci Worlds Champs 2007

oakley

Are the team selectors all northern??:P

theres like 4 southerners on the list :(

stop messing about on f**king sloped walls and caling it "street" and ride sum proper f**king trials on some b*****d rocks then you cunting nancy boys

WOO for natty.

does anyone no were the 1st rounds of the worlds is neway?

Edited by Davetrials

stop messing about on f**king sloped walls and caling it "street" and ride sum proper f**king trials on some b*****d rocks then you cunting nancy boys

WOO for natty.

does anyone no were the 1st rounds of the worlds is neway?

the first and ONLY round dave is in scotland!

although the first world CUP is in barcelona!

Edited by oakley

what about Nick Goddard and all the other people who applied? the selection was made from ALL results in 2006 (for the people it may concern) check previous results you may find why SOME people didnt get picked and some did. maybe you wont consider the REQUIREMENTS on the "selection process" BIU & UCI.

we still havent got anywhere with this list? there is 14 names, iv been told there was only going to be 10 riders :S christ knows, il ring British Cycling tomorrow and ask them for the full list of riders and how/who got the list (Y) as im not getting much sense out of a forum at the mo. the thread started well (ish) but then dithered onto an arguement about how someone should have been selected. if anyone COULD put up about if the list is 100% true etc, it would be much appreciated. BTW the list of the British Team selection is for the news section of "Trials" in MBUK it wouldnt go a miss people knowing about the event and the team etc etc. iv already sent them the list in alphabetical (the list of 14 on the first page) (Y)

Waynio....................

EDIT: also for the people who havent been to fort william if they run sections in the stream it will be very similar to a BIU trial, so it puts out the window the "experience" of a UCI to a BIU trial, iv done 2 UCI trials @ fort william and both have been extremly fun.

Edited by Waynio

hmm maybe this doesnt go on BIU much..

not sure.

either way i dont mind, i think im still going.,

its gonna be ace if your riding or not !!

ye wayne,i would also like to know if this is the ACTUALL list !

and Mick, did you get my PMed/emailed application ? i never got a reply .!

cheers

iolo .

hmm maybe this doesnt go on BIU much..

not sure.

either way i dont mind, i think im still going.,

its gonna be ace if your riding or not !!

ye wayne,i would also like to know if this is the ACTUALL list !

and Mick, did you get my PMed/emailed application ? i never got a reply .!

cheers

iolo .

sure did and sent it off with the rest of them.

Just been on the phone to british cycling, the 14 names in the order that Roger told me was this:

Ben Slinger

Ben Savage

Lois Morgan

James Hyland

Scott Wilson

Chris Doney

Daniel Butler

Andrei Burton

Chris Walker

Wayne Mahomet

Alistair Clarkson

Joe Oakley

Chris Boyes

Duncan Shaw

(Y) that is probably same as other list. (Y)

EDIT: i only got the list for publisizing it in the mag (MBUK)

Waynio...........................

Edited by Waynio

Just like to piont out wain that there hase never been i uci trial at fort william, the scotish one day trial, was described as a trial with a uci flavour. and let me tell you it was a very mild flavour. proper uci world sections are very different than those set in fort bill before. i hope for the events sake that there are other sites at the venue with bigger obsticles, because i visit the area every year, i have for about the last 10 years, and i dont think there is anything hard enuf there.

remember , the sections need t be able to take marks off the best riders in the world, im sure the likes of kenny, vince, comas , carlos dieaz etc will be disapionted.

also the way that all 2006 results were taken into consideration for the selection is rediculas. knowing that the uci world's were coming to britain, and knowing that every other country in the world makes there team selection based on the uci world ranking. i got off my ass and entered as many uci world cup's/comps as i could to get a ranking. to use results from a different disapline to make the selection just dosent make sense.

i wached some of the riders selected at tykes at the weekend and fiarplay they finished in high positions, but on the other hand, they didnt seem to be able to travel more than 4 feet forward without putting a pedal down, be it for a breather or to correct thier balance.

the top and bottom of it is that in this country we dont have a national uci championship. so the selection has been handed over to a few members of the bike trial uk comitee.

the most fair way to have done it was to decide after the 2007 world cup,s they are all before september and anyone who wanted to could ride.

basically the whole thing has been a farce and if this lack of knoledge/ organisation and coruptness carries on into the actual event then it will be a shame for the sport, and the promosion of the sport in this country.

think i have said what i wanted to to say, before the insults start i know i am not the most litterate of the forum users. and im not just moaning because im not picked, its my opinion about the whole thing

rob

Edited by onzabob

So far I’ve resisted the temptation to reply to what some one has called, (not me), shit stirring. I feel its time to get some facts out in the open before wrong opinions are formed.

Before you read what’s written below please read my posts in this thread, it sets the flavour.

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....showtopic=87347

Just like to piont out wain that there hase never been i uci trial at fort william, the scotish one day trial, was described as a trial with a uci flavour. and let me tell you it was a very mild flavour. proper uci world sections are very different than those set in fort bill before. i hope for the events sake that there are other sites at the venue with bigger obsticles, because i visit the area every year, i have for about the last 10 years, and i dont think there is anything hard enuf there.

The competitions run in F.W.so far have been aimed at the club rider. What point would there be in slaughtering a large percentage of the entry by putting them over obstacles that were beyond their ability. Rob, we had riders like you in mind, you rode the event and as I remember thoroughly enjoyed it.

remember , the sections need t be able to take marks off the best riders in the world, im sure the likes of kenny, vince, comas , carlos dieaz etc will be disapionted.

The company promoting the World Championships have allocated a healthy budget to section building. UCI top brass have inspected the site and approved the decision to run the Trials competition there. Why on earth would anyone build an event that was not worthy of those attending?

also the way that all 2006 results were taken into consideration for the selection is rediculas. knowing that the uci world's were coming to britain, and knowing that every other country in the world makes there team selection based on the uci world ranking. i got off my ass and entered as many uci world cup's/comps as i could to get a ranking. to use results from a different disapline to make the selection just dosent make sense.

Not every one can afford to travel to World cups. It’s true to say that a good Trials riders achieve good results regardless of the rules UCI or BIU, (Vincent, Kenny, Comas, Benito etc), the same names fill the top places, therefore a riders BIU achievements can indicate their potential as a UCI competitor.

i wached some of the riders selected at tykes at the weekend and fiarplay they finished in high positions, but on the other hand, they didnt seem to be able to travel more than 4 feet forward without putting a pedal down, be it for a breather or to correct thier balance.

I have to ask, why not stop, it’s allowed.

the top and bottom of it is that in this country we dont have a national uci championship. so the selection has been handed over to a few members of the bike trial uk comitee.

the most fair way to have done it was to decide after the 2007 world cup,s they are all before september and anyone who wanted to could ride.

British cycling wanted to make their selection early so as Trials riders had the chance to find accommodation. Other teams from other disciplines have accommodation provided, so it would not be an issue for them. I know for a fact that some hotels were fully booked in January 2006, so I support their actions.

basically the whole thing has been a farce and if this lack of knoledge/ organisation and coruptness carries on into the actual event then it will be a shame for the sport, and the promosion of the sport in this country.

If you are implying that members of the BikeTrial U.K. committee have been either ignorant or corrupt I suggest you apologise. If I have misunderstood your implications please correct me.

I have seen what happens when corruption and a misplaced sense of authority and self importance takes hold – events get cancelled. I would not allow myself to apply personal feelings to a sporting selection process, or work with those that sought to do so, that territory is for others.

think i have said what i wanted to to say, before the insults start i know i am not the most litterate of the forum users. and im not just moaning because im not picked, its my opinion about the whole thing

rob

No insults from me Rob, I’m sorry for you, just as I am sorry for the other riders that have not made the cut. B.C’s original intention was to select a team of 10; it proved impossible as when the true results and potential of those that applied were studied many were so similar that one could not be selected over another. It could be that B.C. should have selected one rider of their choice for each category that would have caused a stir. Other nations, including the French have fielded very small teams in the past. The 2007 British team is possibly one of the largest national teams officially fielded at a UCI World Championships.

The only role that BikeTrial committee members played was to make the entry invitations available to as many applicants as possible, collect the applications, place them in their respective classes and forward them on to B.C. for the selection process to take place. If you do not believe me telephone the individual that gave J. Oakley the riding list and ask them, if you do please have the decency to post your findings on the forum.

Fred Savage.

im not shit stiring, im voicing my opinion, thats the general idea of a forum is it not,

I did ride at the previous fort will events, and i did enjoy them, i was not sujesting that they should be made harder, just that in my mind the venue does not have the scope for world level sections, i dont know the exact ins and outs but im sure a world championship has to have a set amount of nateral sections. so the money for man made stuff is all well and good. i just thought that there were a lack of nateral obsticles

The travel cost's to a world cup are not exactly emense, i work as a shop assistant for god sake, not the best payed job in the world, and espesially not in the area i live. the ones that are not within driving distance are very cheap flight away.

True the same name's fill the top spaces in both sets of rule's, but ask any one of them wich is the harder and they will im sure all say that uci is the hardest

Why not stop indeed, but its a bad habit to get into if you are on the world uci team, soon use the dabs up by tapping the odd pedal here and there.

I understand the problem with accomadation, but it would have been a far better way to decide

What i am sujesting is that something doesent ring rite, british cycling tell be bike trial uk made the selection, bike trial uk tell me british cycling made the selection, people i know who were in the only bike trial comitie meeting between the forms going out and the selection being anounced have told me that the selection of the british team was never discused,

So thats 3 groups of people each saying that the other made the selection.

rob

As both A rider and Team Manager who has riden at Two UCI World Championships and numerous World Cups I feel the need to enter into this topic.

I have dealt with Roger Wilbraham from British Cycling many times regarding events and entries. I spoke with him on Tuesday morning. Below is a summary of what was said.

He decided that due to the event being held in the UK there would be increased interest from UK riders instead of just the UCI faithfull. As Roger knows very little about Trials and the UK riders he asked the BikeTrial UK commity to select a team.

As you know Fred posted the information as detailed in the other thread. Interested riders posted their froms to Mick Skriven

[b]The Following people chose this team. Not the BikeTrial UK commity as was Roger Wilbraham intention or British Cycling as claimed by Fred Savage in this topic or the other thread.

Fred Savage

George Eyre

Mick Skriven

Barbera Wright

I have spoke to the BikeTrial UK secutary the BikeTrial UK commity have never discussed UCI team selection.

I do not know why this contradiction has occured but I assure the readers of Trials Forum this is 100% genuine. I for one would like to know why the the readers and riders of this forum have been misslead.

I believe the way this process has been handled is disgracefull. I also believe that Rob Poyser should have been in the squad over and above some of the riders on that list!

I am not trying to cause trouble but the UK public should know what is going on and who is really making the decisisions.

John Evans

Onzarob have you ever, on youre frequent trips, looked further up the burn than the sections in the trial were?? I live in fort william and know that further up the burn there are many good areas to ride so saying that its not world round standard, when you may have only seen a small amount of the burn, is a bit silly! Also well dont to duncan shaw for geting in the team (Y)

Edited by cal d

Firstly a comment for Bob, I meant that what had gone before your post was shit stirring by some………………………………………………………………………

Sorry John, but much of what you say is inaccurate.

You have not spoken to Mrs. Wright about this matter.

I was approached and asked if the committee would choose the team, NO ONE in their right mind would put their name to that, it ceased to be a committee decision as I declined and no one from the committee took any decisions. I did however offer to help, along with those named in your post to assist B.C. by bringing the news of the event to U.K. Trials riders, offering them an address to send their applications to etc.

The applications were checked for accuracy, most were, although some underage applicants applied. Riders were placed into their respective groups and the information passed on. Performance in BIU events and UCI events came into play, dependant on what the applicant submitted; both records of results will have been considered.

Your grievance appears to revolve around the exclusion of Rob. I would rather not personalise this, however, all competitive results are available, I suggest you do a comparison. Do the exercise yourself, there is no more room on the team, who would you leave out? It’s a difficult one and that is why B.C. drew the line under the level of competitive achievement, and not B.T.U.K. - thus deciding who would be selected. I stress BRITISH CYCLING.

British Cycling chose who would and who would not be riding. I spoke with Roger Wilbraham this afternoon, curiously he was unobtainable on Monday and Tuesday, but some how you managed to get through. Roger intends to issue a statement regarding selection; he said that he would not have time to do so immediately.

British cycling are now watching this thread. I drew it to their attention as I did, and do not approve of the veiled insults directed at a group of individuals who have done nothing more than help an organisation by collecting forms and providing records when requested.

If you think that the situation has been handled “disgracefull” direct your comments to those that dealt finally with the applications, not the “Postman”.

Fred Savage.

Edited by UCI Trial

Fred's loaned me his log on, as signing up as new boy doesn't give me access. As I work for British Cycling, I thought you'd like to hear it from me. There's some obvious mistrust in the trials community, but you're no different from any other sport. You've only got to look at Cricket, we perform piss poor and suddenly the selectors have got it wrong and questions are asked about misplaced allegiance. You guys are passionate about your sport and I’m not going to belittle you, as I also understand your passion.

For the sake of your sport, please stop the allegations. If there are older riders who are respected within the Trials community, I suggest you get your ass on to the Bike Trails committee and work with those guys behind the scenes. It may be the only way trust can be gained. Internet gobshites often don’t realize the damage they do. We are all pretty much media lead and most of the younger riders will believe what they read, even some of the older riders think forums are gospel. What I’m trying to say is be careful with accusations and get yourself on the inside. You’ll soon change your attitude or realize you are not up to the task of making decisions based on the information available.

To the point now. I made the selection based on a list of around 24 (or there about) names. These 24 names were put in an order of merit which was backed up by the names listed earlier in this thread. Riders were classified, but I wasn’t able to select the best 10 as I had asked the committee for. The trials committee also found the task hard to supply such a small list of names. I made the decision to select extra riders as the committee felt they couldn’t narrow to 10 or as it appears a selection of the committee who were best placed to make an informed decision couldn’t provide narrow it down.

I know some riders will find this hard if they’ve been left out, but sport’s tough and decisions have to be made. Rightly in some eyes and maybe not in others, but it’s all above board.

I’ve enjoyed dealing with trials riders so far, but the bullshit politics are doing you no favours. Join together or recognize the ones who are doing the sport harm and ignore them.

Call me if you wish to gain clarification. 0161 274 2022, back in on Friday.

Roger Wilbraham

Fred,

I stand by what I have said.

As far as Iam aware Phil Tupman is the secutary of the BikeTrial UK commity. I have been told Barbera resigned at the last comitty meeting.

I assure you I did speak with Roger on Monday briefly and Tuesday morning.

I have spoken with Roger this evening briefly at no point did he tell me he had a problem with what I have said or that I had missrepresented our disscussion. His message does not massivly contradict my own. I have taken on board what he has posted but most of it we had discussed earlier in the week.

My reasons for getting involved in this issue is to ensure that it is discussed and that the truth is found. Yes Rob Poyser is my friend and I still think he should have a ride.

The team has been selected it cant / wont be changed.

This is my opinion for what it is worth.

John Evans

Amen to that !!!! well said who ever you are.

You can't please all of the people all of the time. But if you are very very lucky you may just have a glimmer of hope in pleasing some of the people some of the time but don't count on it.

so joe (oakley) how much did daddy pay for you to be on the team?

You are such a knob. you realise that, dont you?

Onzarob have you ever, on youre frequent trips, looked further up the burn than the sections in the trial were?? I live in fort william and know that further up the burn there are many good areas to ride so saying that its not world round standard, when you may have only seen a small amount of the burn, is a bit silly! Also well dont to duncan shaw for geting in the team (Y)

im sorry mate, and im not trying to say that further up the river isn't good to ride, but i highly doubt that it is world elite standard. the level is insane mate. Until i went to my first world cup i had no idea of the level. You think youi do but you honestly dont!!