Brake Booster

Ryan Blackwell

why are so many people so bothered about noises?

Probably a confidence thing. Now I've moved over to dual disc I'm really confident that my brake will hold if I do 'x' move, but the nice loud screech of a rim brake adds a further element of confidence every time you slow your wheel. Personally I love the extra confidence in the sound of a rim brake, but the added benefits of a rear disk brake sure make for tough choices!

Probably a confidence thing. Now I've moved over to dual disc I'm really confident that my brake will hold if I do 'x' move, but the nice loud screech of a rim brake adds a further element of confidence every time you slow your wheel. Personally I love the extra confidence in the sound of a rim brake, but the added benefits of a rear disk brake sure make for tough choices!

That man's got it ! :P

It's nothing mechanical that says a loud hub and brake will work better it's you ! If you roll up to the edge of a wall with a king whurring in the back then a really loud sharp bite from your brake, you feel 100 times better about making the gap. all in the brain ! So if having a booster is affecting your performance, get rid of it. (Y)

Or just set 'em up again. :$

Joel ;)

Edited by JsyJoel93