Does Trials Forum Need To Change?

Boswell

It seems to me that lately the number of new members in nmc is greatly increasing but the number of people being validated is not. As the sport of trials biking becomes more popular more people are going to join this forum and put strain on the system. Will the forum have to change?

They cant just validate people because their are more of you in NMC. People will get validated once they prove they have something valuable to contribute to the forum i meen thats like letting poeple out of jail because more new people are going into jail. Out of interest what do you suggest they do to the site?

They cant just validate people because their are more of you in NMC. People will get validated once they prove they have something valuable to contribute to the forum i meen thats like letting poeple out of jail because more new people are going into jail. Out of interest what do you suggest they do to the site?

Well thats what they seem to be doing at the moment!

"We sentence you to life imprisonment in maximum security"

Translation: "25 years growing flowers, and you get sky T.V, we'll do your washing for you, feed you, and its all free!"

How much is is costing tax payers to keep prisoners? They should make the prisoners work inside prison to earn their keep, rather than charging us lot.

Prisoners can answer phones can't they? An answer to the lack of UK based call centers!

Well thats what they seem to be doing at the moment!

"We sentence you to life imprisonment in maximum security"

Translation: "25 years growing flowers, and you get sky T.V, we'll do your washing for you, feed you, and its all free!"

How much is is costing tax payers to keep prisoners? They should make the prisoners work inside prison to earn their keep, rather than charging us lot.

Prisoners can answer phones can't they? An answer to the lack of UK based call centers!

True but you know what i meant its theoretically like letting them out before there time is done just to allow new people in. But yeah jail is a joke these days it would seem. Well MR? think this shows that you're post was so stupid and unnecessary as weave gone totally off topic now.

Do you guys not see that a prisoner isnt gonna say "hello British Telecom, how may I help you" more like "F*** OFF YOU F***ING **** etc etc" I know I'd be a bit angsty behind bars :P

Also, answer to the main question, there are always other trials forums, I did find a really good one ages ago but I've lost it now :(. A problem with this one is a lot of people seem to have that "STFU N00B" attitude, instead of just shutting up and leaving it. Although there are very many helpful people aswell!

i think they will have to get more moderators therefore validating more people. (i dont know if you have realised but if you go on to the members page there are people who have not posted anything and they are members. seems rather silly to me)

Old posts get deleted every so often so inactive members may end up with 0 posts.

The system works at the moment, but people are impatient. Mods aren't paid to do this

Some names have a certain stigma attached to them for trouble they may have caused when they first signed up. If you think your posts are good and you've been here a while, try signing up under a new name to see if you get validated.

Jon

Hi everyone. Maybe if this forum would be more tolerant to those who may have a learining disability that stops them from being able to spell correctly ect it would be a nicer place to be whilst on the net. And why do people correct each others spelling only to get thiere own syntax and spelling totaly wrong. I have relatives who have learning disabilities and I find it way out of order to use lables like spastic and mong as i've seen used on this forum.

Is this a trials forum or a game of countdown?

Hi everyone. Maybe if this forum would be more tolerant to those who may have a learining disability that stops them from being able to spell correctly ect it would be a nicer place to be whilst on the net. And why do people correct each others spelling only to get thiere own syntax and spelling totaly wrong. I have relatives who have learning disabilities and I find it way out of order to use lables like spastic and mong as i've seen used on this forum.

Is this a trials forum or a game of countdown?

"Their"

There's a spell checker, so it's not hard to get it right really. Some people do have problems with things like spelling, however most people don't, or use it as more of an excuse than anything.

The odd error or two isn't really the issue, it's the combination of crap spelling, crap grammar, pointlessness and general twatage that pisses people off...

But there are quite a few people in NMC who deserve to get validated.

About the spelling though, I would presume that somebody with a spelling problem would try quite hard to spell correctly, unlike somebody who just couldn't be arsed. And if such a person can't make an effort and write a legit post, why should 10 other members make an effort and reply to the topic?

Edited by Inur

"Their"

There's a spell checker, so it's not hard to get it right really. Some people do have problems with things like spelling, however most people don't, or use it as more of an excuse than anything.

The odd error or two isn't really the issue, it's the combination of crap spelling, crap grammar, pointlessness and general twatage that pisses people off...

Some people don't have a spell checker, i don't anyway :(

There are loads of new members who are decent posters who slip threw the net.

I think it does need to be change.

agree'd.

"Their"

Oh dear lord, please shut the f**k up.

There are loads of new members who are decent posters who slip threw the net.

I think it does need to be change.

I think the only way it can change is with dedicated people validating people. Not moderators, nor admins, just a team of validators who trawl NMC for the good poster.

They also don't have the power to de-validated, as that comes down to a moderator or admin.

Thats the only possible change i can see helping.

This change has also already been discussed. Tom is moving or something, and Danny is work busy, but when Tom gets back theres a few new things that may help being rolled out, so maybe a validation team will be one of them.

Translation: "25 years growing flowers"
yeah but that could lead to people making plots to escape.. ^^

I just thought that this was really funny :lol:

In reality, I could find no less than 8 grammar and spelling errors on this page alone.

Everyone cannot be validated immediately...

Think about the fact that it would cause many problems in the wanted/sales forum alone if someone could join and put something up for sale right away.

I don't think that it is a good idea. The mods are doing a good job with things; don't rock the boat.

Old posts get deleted every so often so inactive members may end up with 0 posts.

The system works at the moment, but people are impatient. Mods aren't paid to do this

Some names have a certain stigma attached to them for trouble they may have caused when they first signed up. If you think your posts are good and you've been here a while, try signing up under a new name to see if you get validated.

Jon

that'll be me than haha!

Can I ask why?

mate, your trying to act like a fooking moderator, or the spelling bee or summit... whats the point? slating someone, over 1 stoopid word!! Your complaining that it pisses people off over a few little spelling misstakes... personally, i dont know 1 person that gets pissed off over someone spelling, "their" as "thiere"... But, i do get pissed off, when, someone like yourself, trys to act mint and slate him for it...

So why bother?

Edited by terror-error

Haha! Chill out...

I'm not trying to act like "a fooking moderator"

I wasn't slating him over one word at all, I was playing. And I said that I didn't get pissed off over a few mistakes. If you read what I wrote, I was on about the crap posts (as in, a combination of spelling, grammar etc)

I informed the guy of the spell checker, and when he said he didn't have one, I pointed him in the right direction.

At no point in any of my posts have I ever tried to "act mint and slate" someone, so please, if you are determined to be a cock, do it somewhere else

Edited by Monkey Boy