Back In The Day

Ross McArthur

americans are way behind us in trials anyway so this might account for u thinking its old.

I have to vouch for this statement. We are so behind in terms of trials.

There are several undeniable reasons for this.

1. Really, America is all about "bigger, better, faster, more... now!"

If you can't get good enough at something to impress onlookers within 2 months, the vast majority of Americans are not down to try.

2. For as much money as we spend on entertainment and food, Americans are quite cheap and not willing to spend the cash to get started.

3. Safety gear is never 'cool' in this country; so, if everyone is wearing helmets, it will be slow to catch on.

I swear, as soon as I finish school and have something to offer another country, I am SO leaving this land of fat, lazy, hateful, power-tripping, ignorant....

Whatever, I guess this is no place for an anti-America rant...

This isn't oldschool, I'd call anything older than say 98 oldschool.

His riding is ok, he comes up with lines which is good. I much preferred V-Dubs "I can do trials on anything" approach, where he'd tackle natural on a Ellsworth downhill bike with a 10" Risse Champ fork. The guy could pedalkick that bike at least 7ft flat and bunnyhop about 3ft upwards it was crazy!! Well worth a watch, really interesting stuff.

I think those moves were either in Down 3, Union or JIB.

that was legendary :) thanks for sharing, i was really impressed by the amount of control he had over the bike, even though by todays standards the bike is far from trialsy. put this guy on an ashton or echo control... then see how good he would be :D

Yeah he did that bunnyhop to huge drop from a bridge in JIB, I'm pretty sure he did more impressive stuff in Down 3 though. Remember there was this Fear Factory - Cloning Technology soundtrack in some of the moves whereas in JIB Wixom wrote his own music.

Might do a compilation tomorrow, people should see this.

Edited by Inur