Nationals

bonzojim

Hi everybody, The National cup round at Bracken Rocks is coming up preety soon i should be going as ive heard great things about this venue so im preety exited and i just wondered who else is going etc?????

Cheers James...

Once I've heard an offical agreement from the parties organising the comps this year what is actually going on, then I'll see if I'm going or not.

I got a letter through the post from Fred, this morning, which explained, in detail wat the f**k's going off. You should have had one too, Mike, if you have BIU licence (Y) ...

Bracken is an awesome venue and it has been too long since there was a National round held there! I wont be riding but i'll see you all there :) .

Cheers,

Joe.

Hi everybody, The National cup round at Bracken Rocks is coming up preety soon i should be going as ive heard great things about this venue so im preety exited and i just wondered who else is going etc?????

Cheers James...

hi, mate.

I want to go there.

This is my frist competing in UK.

But i almost know nothing about it.

The first round at the british championships which stands for a national ranking and BIU ranking etc etc is held at Hook Woods on 29th April.

This competition at Bracken Rocks is basically just an NBTC competition re-named to make it sound like a british round.

go to: http://www.ukbiketrial.co.uk/ for entry form for the 1st round of the british championship and info about entering.

Phil.

For years you guys have been calling for competitions that you don't need to buy all the licences for - here it is at last, and still someone complains!

It is not an NBTC event, it is organised by "BikeTrial". You do not have to join any club to enter - it is therefore a National and not 'closed to club'. ANYONE can enter. You do not need to buy any membership or licences.

There are riders coming from all over the UK - including the Channel Islands and Scotland - what could be more "National" than that?

The alternative group whose website Phil linked to is running their events under the Auto-Cycle Union. The ACU have said on the phone today that their "British" Championship can only be run by ACU Affiliated clubs, and ridden by ACU licence holders. Does this not make it an ACU championship and not a true British Championship?

Ok lads and ladies - it is up to you to make this what you want it to be. Forget any personalities involved:-

If you oppose the ACU's domination of your sport, then enter the "UK National Championship" series.

If you agree that entry should be restricted, join an ACU club, buy the two licences required, then enter the ACU's "British Championship" series.

I know that I will be at Bracken Rocks; Blackpool; Brimham; Fort William; and Addingham, along with many others who have shown support for this new user-friendly system.

For years you guys have been calling for competitions that you don't need to buy all the licences for - here it is at last, and still someone complains!

It is not an NBTC event, it is organised by "BikeTrial". You do not have to join any club to enter - it is therefore a National and not 'closed to club'. ANYONE can enter. You do not need to buy any membership or licences.

There are riders coming from all over the UK - including the Channel Islands and Scotland - what could be more "National" than that?

The alternative group whose website Phil linked to is running their events under the Auto-Cycle Union. The ACU have said on the phone today that their "British" Championship can only be run by ACU Affiliated clubs, and ridden by ACU licence holders. Does this not make it an ACU championship and not a true British Championship?

Ok lads and ladies - it is up to you to make this what you want it to be. Forget any personalities involved:-

If you oppose the ACU's domination of your sport, then enter the "UK National Championship" series.

If you agree that entry should be restricted, join an ACU club, buy the two licences required, then enter the ACU's "British Championship" series.

I know that I will be at Bracken Rocks; Blackpool; Brimham; Fort William; and Addingham, along with many others who have shown support for this new user-friendly system.

This is so confusing:

'1. According to Statutes of the European BikeTrial Union the member in Great Britain is BikeTrial United Kingdom (BTUK) under Auto-Cycle Union Limited (ACU). There is absolutely no legal justification for changing this organization as the E.B.U. member.'

This says that the member in the UK of EBU is BTUK, which is under the ACU. Barbara, it seems that you are saying despite this statement above, anyone who takes part in your competition's, which are not under the ACU, could still qualify to ride at the worlds?

Surley you have to compete under the rules of the EBU to be considered to ride at the worlds?

a very confused jake....

Many comp riders will have received my letter by now – it’s factual.

What we have now is one group operating predominantly in the Southern quarter of the country and one group operating in the remaining ¾.

As a sponsor I will urge my supported riders to attend both series. One series has greater national coverage; the other is currently recognised by the EBU – so what? Eventually the EBU may wake up to reality of the situation here.

To me an event is an event, as long as the riders enjoy it that’s O.K. The ACU do not want to cooperate with those that refuse to join their clubs, hold their licences, buy their permits – it’s their loss, they could have shared some great venues organised by experienced people.

If Bracken rocks is accessible to you then enter, it will be a good event.

Then visit Hook Woods, that’s a good venue. In the end the best comp riders will win what ever events they attend, those looking for days ridding will have their day out to.

It’s interesting that the negative remarks come from one side in this whole affair, go here – don’t go there, take your choice, I say do both, one or nothing its up to you. It’s a sad phase, but it will pass.

Fred.

Many comp riders will have received my letter by now – it’s factual.

What we have now is one group operating predominantly in the Southern quarter of the country and one group operating in the remaining ¾.

As a sponsor I will urge my supported riders to attend both series. One series has greater national coverage; the other is currently recognised by the EBU – so what? Eventually the EBU may wake up to reality of the situation here.

To me an event is an event, as long as the riders enjoy it that’s O.K. The ACU do not want to cooperate with those that refuse to join their clubs, hold their licences, buy their permits – it’s their loss, they could have shared some great venues organised by experienced people.

If Bracken rocks is accessible to you then enter, it will be a good event.

Then visit Hook Woods, that’s a good venue. In the end the best comp riders will win what ever events they attend, those looking for days ridding will have their day out to.

It’s interesting that the negative remarks come from one side in this whole affair, go here – don’t go there, take your choice, I say do both, one or nothing its up to you. It’s a sad phase, but it will pass.

Fred.

Here we go again! I received your letter Fred and Factual would not be my words knowing what's gone on.

Anyway, I think your right in one respect, riders should go to all events, or whichever one they prefer.

However, i would say however your Trial is not a 'National' why well I remember all the fuss you made when Andrei Burton said that he wanted to call his Indoor Trial the British National Indoor Cup and that you said that Bike Trial Uk had the rights to the name involving or implying a 'National British Championship', so you made him rename it the West of England Indoor Cup and send out a new entry form.

Secondly Bike Trial Uk Championship rounds cover the south west of England, the south East of England, Wales, the Midlands,(We've got a round booked or Bracken Rocks incidently) and hope to have a round arranged in Yorkshire soon, so that I think would make it just about as National if not more than in previous years.

Bike Trial UK wishes you well with your NBTC Championship (Northern Bicycle Trial Championship), but please refrain from trying to make out that it's a National.

Our door is always open to NBTC and Tyke Trials to come back into the fold, so why don't you? it's as simple as that

Phil Tupman

:rolleyes:

Edited by Matt_Tupman

I received your letter Fred and Factual would not be my words, kn owing what's gone on, any way, I think your right in one respect, riders should go to all events, or whichever one they prefer.

However, i would say however your Trial is not a 'National' why well I remember all the fuss you made when Andrei Burton said that he wanted to call his trial the British National Indoor Cup and that you said that Bike Trial Uk had the rights to the name involving or implying a National Championship, so you made him rename it the West of England Indoor Cup.

Secondly Bike Trial Uk Championship rounds cover the south west of England, the south East of England, Wales, the Midlands,(We've got a round booked or Bracken Rocks incidently) and hope to have a round arranged in Yorkshire soon, so that I think would make it just about as National if not more than in previous years.

Bike Trial UK wishes you well with your NBTC Championship (Northern Bicycle Trial Championship), but please refrain from trying to make out that it's a National.

:rolleyes:

Hi Matt, two points;

1) Please point out the exact comments in my letter that are not fact.

2) Define National, just because the ACU denied riders the opportunity of a combined championship it does not stop the series I am involved in from enjoying National status.

Fred.

Edit.

On reflection I felt I should reply to your comments about the Exeter indoor;

Biketrial U.K. objected on two counts.

The original format mixed BIU and UCI rules. The BIU and EBU will not permit events that mix federations rules. As the organisers were BikeTrial U.K. members they were required to run under BIU rules.

The event was advertised as a British cup without consulting the committee. The general consensus of opinion was that the event should not enjoy that status until its second year of running, and only if it met the required criteria.

Matt/Phil?, (with ref. to mixed rules), your group now flies the flag for the BIU and the EBU. You will be obliged to behave similarly in the future, unless of course you intend to ignore the constitution to which you should now adhere.

Edited by NSE

Which of these two 'national champs' will give the rider point's to ride in the worlds? Biketrial UK (Fred, Barbara, NBTC) or UKBiketrial?? (Tupman, Deeks Etc)

It can't be both and you both can't truley say it's you. Please, no crap, just a brief answer will do.

However, i would say however your Trial is not a 'National' why well I remember all the fuss you made when Andrei Burton said that he wanted to call his Indoor Trial the British National Indoor Cup and that you said that Bike Trial Uk had the rights to the name involving or implying a 'National British Championship',

Phil Tupman

My one and only forum post on the subject

Phil you have said time and time again that you want Tykes NBTC etc to run British championship rounds, Anthony has spoken to Fred saying the same, even the EBU want everyone to work together. NBTC and tykes have said they are willing to, and want to run British rounds (the ones that give you British status and entry to the worlds) so the answer was yes, hooray everyone agrees! We all want the same thing. Hallelujah that’s it then problem solved………

ER

NOT QUITE!

The ACU will not let NBTC or tykes run a round unless they affiliate to them and use there insurance. It’s not that you don’t want them or they don’t want to do it. THEY CAN’T!!

If you are the democratically elected members of the people who are in control of Biketrial UK, please tell me why can’t you control this situation, why isn’t it you who has the right to say who runs a British round?

Crazy!

Who owns the car you drive? you or your insurance company!

and for jake the answer is ukbiketrial (tupman deeks)

Hi Matt, two points;

The original format mixed BIU and UCI rules. The BIU and EBU will not permit events that mix federations rules. As the organisers were BikeTrial U.K. members they were required to run under BIU rules.

It's a good job you said that as you where going to run a BIU british championsip round at the UCI Fort William World Cup, although you where still going to run BIU rules it is in the same competition as UCI, so this certainly isn't part of a BIU british championship round and will not count towards world eligability or offital National rankings.

Ukbiketrial is the official National championship, yes it's run under an ACU licence, but this is for a reason, to do with insurance and because they work with the BIU, and has been for a long time.

It's great there there will be another load of competitions for people to go to, but there is only one official british cahmpionship held under BIU with the rankings etc etc and that is held under UKbiketrial.co.uk, so if you just let people recognise that isntead of confusing everybody and it'll be great that there is another load of competitions to go to aswell as the british championship.

The confusion lies due to Fred Savage being voted off as BIU delegate due to various very meaning reasons, Barbara Wright resigning her post at a meeting, and keeping the website and the biketrialuk name, so the official group running british champtionships with the new BIU delagate have had to make a new website which is UKbiketrial.co.uk.

It's pretty simple, everything is the same as every other year for competitors, you enter British Champtionship rounds as normal and gain official BIU rankings and have the chance to ride for britain at the world rounds, and there is also a new club running events which don't stand for anything official towards the BIU but you get more comps to go to which is all good.

Phil.

It's a good job you said that as you where going to run a BIU british championsip round at the UCI Fort William World Cup, although you where still going to run BIU rules it is in the same competition as UCI, so this certainly isn't part of a BIU british championship round and will not count towards world eligability or offital National rankings.

Your making yourself appear a little simple.

At the same venue does not mean AT THE SAME EVENT. The reason the trial held during the 2006 UCI World Cup was not a British round was because it clashed with the EBU European championships. Nations are requested to avoid clashes. Had you taken the trouble to attend any meeting you would have been aware of that.

"The confusion lies due to Fred Savage being voted off as BIU delegate due to various very meaning reasons"

List the reasons Phil.

Fred.

Edited by NSE

hahaha

2 Phils make a wrong............... your both being very petty arogant arseholes. LEAVE the threads alone that you have nothing to do with. DONT turn upto our events as these will be more fun and require alot less than your events.

i DONT have to attend the British Champs you are running, but i will be turning up as it is more competitions to go to, il probably only turn upto the Hook woods rounds and maybe another round.

I dont see why you cant just DROP it, you have got what you wanted by being the "UK bike trial" committee, do you want blood?

fellow forum members should READ Fred and Micks posts as they are critical in the outcome of this thread, Phil Tupman and Phil Williams are in this thread to cause controvesy. BUT it wont be spoiling our trials.

Waynio...........................

Phil Tupman make your own trials forum name and not use your son matts. theres a big difference between 1994 and 1998 my friend too!!! :lol: hahaha

EDIT: Jake, no it will not unfortunatly BUT it has the newest and best venues in the UK available. if you wish to have fun and enjoy trials like me you will wish to attend MOST competitions through the year, attend both and see which has the "best" atmosphere.

Edited by Waynio

Hi Jake, in fact I am still waiting on an answer to that very question. All through this affair I have tried to remain constructive and continue to do so.

I think it will be a sad day for U.K. riders if the ACU decide to ignore riders of obvious quality purely because they did not hold an ACU licence. In a fair world all riders that show competitive potential should be considered by those with the power to select.

Fred.

At the same venue does not mean AT THE SAME EVENT. The reason the trial held during the 2006 UCI World Cup was not a British round was because it clashed with the EBU European championships. Nations are requested to avoid clashes. Had you taken the trouble to attend any meeting you would have been aware of that.

"The confusion lies due to Fred Savage being voted off as BIU delegate due to various very meaning reasons"

List the reasons Phil.

Fred.

It is a BIU competition at a UCI event using the same venue, you can twist it whatever way you want but BIU where not happy about it.

I'm not going to list the reasons, same reason why I didnt in the other post.

hahaha

2 Phils make a wrong............... your both being very petty arogant arseholes. LEAVE the threads alone that you have nothing to do with. DONT turn upto our events as these will be more fun and require alot less than your events.

i DONT have to attend the British Champs you are running, but i will be turning up as it is more competitions to go to, il probably only turn upto the Hook woods rounds and maybe another round.

I dont see why you cant just DROP it, you have got what you wanted by being the "UK bike trial" committee, do you want blood?

fellow forum members should READ Fred and Micks posts as they are critical in the outcome of this thread, Phil Tupman and Phil Williams are in this thread to cause controvesy. BUT it wont be spoiling our trials.

Waynio...........................

Phil Tupman make your own trials forum name and not use your son matts. theres a big difference between 1994 and 1998 my friend too!!! :lol: hahaha

EDIT: Jake, no it will not unfortunatly BUT it has the newest and best venues in the UK available. if you wish to have fun and enjoy trials like me you will wish to attend MOST competitions through the year, attend both and see which has the "best" atmosphere.

Completely wrong wayne, i'm simply just trying to explain to the confused people what is actually happening, it's a forum discusion, you obviously don't like it, so you should deal with it.

Edited by totaltrials